Anonymously Leaked (unverified) Nvidia GTX 1180 Information!

A gaming hardware channel named Gamer Meld with approximately 52,000 subscribers made a video regarding the upcoming GTX 1180, on which he confirms a release date, pricing, memory and specs.

Link to the video (3:22 long): 

"Today Ive got an exclusive leak on Nvidia´s upcoming Next-Generation Graphics Cards, it comes from a very reliable source but unfortunately this person will have to remain anonymous. With that said, Im extremely confident as the information is coming from board partners who began sending retailers the card´s information for pre-order."

As a side note, I am long time viewer of this channel, and I have to say, the amount of BS and clickbait content is null, so I am quite certain this isn´t Fake News or something of the likes.

"If you have kept up with the channel, Ive just about never done this kind of thing before".

Again, as a long time viewer I can say this is true.

Later in the video (00:54) he starts to adress information regarding the card. Starting by the name

"The first bit of information is on the name. And the first card to be released is the 80 edition, and the GTX 1180". ... "The 1180 is apparently the accurate name".

Then he talks about the RAM used by the GTX 1180. (1:13)

"As far as RAM what I have doesn´t specify the type, though I beto on GDDR 6 like most outlets, either way what it does say is that the card comes with 8GB of it, at least the card sold by this board partner."... "Whether if there is card with more it is unknown now, but I dont think so, since Ive seen more than one and they all have 8GB.

After the RAM part, he mentions the API´s that will be supported by the GTX 1180 (1:32)

"One interesting fact is that these cards support DirectX 12.5 and 13, which might just be the API to work with the upcoming supperted Raytracing Graphics Tech. So this could as well be a massive DirectX release." ... "Speculating quite a bit that these GPUs will more than likely come with Nvidia´s newer Tensor Cores. Since according to Nvidia themselves, Nvidia´s Raytracing will only be supported on their Next Generation GPUs."

He also, he talks about the card´s pricing (2:18)

"I can say the 1180 is going to be expensive, like really expensive. The 1180s Ive got from this Board Partner will retail between $719.99 and 729.99 USD."

Finally, he tells the release date for the Card. (2:44)

"... It´s July 30 these are supposed to hit store shelves. And Im talking 3rd party cards, not just Nvidia´s Founders Edition like earlier leaks, that is of course if Nvidia releases a Founder´s Edition. ... "Apparently even 3rd pary cards are coming on the 30th".

So, its been a long time (2 years + ) since Nvidia´s Pascal Architecture hit the Market, with gamers everywhere crying for new cards, since even the mighty GTX 1080Ti or Titan Xp can´t even max out some games at 4K 60FPS. If tensor cores are included, we could really see some big differences when compared to older generations.

I am personally Uber excited for this, and cant wait for this realease and (maybe) 7nm Gaming Vega. What do you think, are you excited?

(This is my first news release post, it was Pain in the backside to write things fast enough to quote the video.)

I don't think you understand what the word "official" means.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This isn't Official unless it's from Nvidia themselves, publicly.

Ill edit the title to "Official"

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I don't think you understand what the word "official" means.

I edited the Post.

Just now, Rainbow Dash said:

Doesn't GamerMeld just talk about rumours for most stuff?

Never even heard of this channel.

Seems like a lot of BS to me.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Rune said:

Not from Nvidia, not official.

Edited the title.

Just now, DanielMDA said:

I edited the Post.

Edit the title then.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Edit the title then.

I did :) 

1 minute ago, DanielMDA said:

I did :) 

Still looks the same to me.

Oh, you just added quotes...

Spoiler

If you have reccommendations for the title please give them to me. I want it to look nice.

Guys Guys Guys, clearly the information is wrong, we all know it is going to be called the 20twenty2080.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

There was already a topic started about this exact same video "promoting" it, yesterday.

It seems more and more like this is more and more of a viewer fishing.

Edited by Guest
rephrasing before I get scolded.

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Doesn't GamerMeld just talk about rumours for most stuff?

Nope. Mostly reviews or confirmed news.

I just confirmed with myself that it comes out June 32nd for $1999.9999

i can vouch for @Densetsu a.k.a senpai

22 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

"One interesting fact is that these cards support DirectX 12.5 and 13, which might just be the API to work with the upcoming supperted Raytracing Graphics Tech. So this could as well be a massive DirectX release."

DirectX13 is not a thing, this leak is fake news

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

10 minutes ago, savagepain said:

i can vouch for @Densetsu a.k.a senpai

Holy shit, I didn't believe him until you backed him.

HYPE!

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Never even heard of this channel.

Seems like a lot of BS to me.

To be fair a 1080ti perf at almost 1080ti price... sounds doable.

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

To be fair a 1080ti perf at almost 1080ti price... sounds doable.

Literally anyone would have guessed that based on what has happened in the part decade of GPU releases.

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, BurnedPriest said:

Holy shit, I didn't believe him until you backed him.

HYPE!

To be honest, I didn't believe me until she backed me either.

As an ex-viewer of his channel: he posts clickbait bullshit videos. Your post is fishy AF

That's an F in the profile pic