Anonymously Leaked (unverified) Nvidia GTX 1180 Information!

40 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This isn't Official unless it's from Nvidia themselves, publicly.

This reminds me of some other AMD launch when like 2 days before they said "We will be officially announcing whatever on day x"

Dude, you can't say you'll officially announce something at a future date if you name it because the official announcement just became that one statement about the future date.

PR companies man I'm telling you, I bet these guys were or could be given this info by Nvidia themselves saying 'You must say this is unconfirmed and a rumor...but still say 'officially' if you want, we just want the hype from the rumors"

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Literally anyone would have guessed that based on what has happened in the part decade of GPU releases.

Yeah sure. I wasn't saying he's legit (especially since YouTube tries to feed me his tens of videos already on speculation on the 1180...), but more that it may not be bullshit, solely because it'd make sense even if it would be sad. Make a 1080ti at 1080 price and you've got something. But this seems ridiculous and people will buy those anyway if that's the case..

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

This reminds me of some other AMD launch when like 2 days before they said "We will be officially announcing whatever on day x"

Dude, you can't say you'll officially announce something at a future date if you name it because the official announcement just became that one statement about the future date.

PR companies man I'm telling you, I bet these guys were or could be given this info by Nvidia themselves saying 'You must say this is unconfirmed and a rumor...but still say 'officially' if you want, we just want the hype from the rumors"

People are going to go nuts over any information on the 11xx series because its been two years...

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

a 1080ti at 1080 price

As I said, that's how it's been for the past decade.

One cards gets the performance of the next tier up at about the same price as before.

The point is that the release date and other stuff is pure speculation.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

59 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

The pricing is going to be insane when it comes out.

The gtx 1080 at launch was 700 dollars. Only 30 dollars more at max

4 minutes ago, LoganTNZ said:

The gtx 1080 at launch was 700 dollars. Only 30 dollars more at max

Founders edition was 700$. Parter cards were 600$. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

One cards gets the performance of the next tier up at about the same price as before.

Well, an exception to that rule is the 1060. A GTX 1060 has the performance of a GTX 980, However a 1060 3GB has 128 CUDA Cores less is comparable to a GTX 970. Also another exception would be the GTX 1070, it has 980Ti/Titan X Maxwell levels of performance. And a 1080 just blows them away.

30 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well people keep buying anyway that's why it won't change..

Lol, I remember when I got the EVGA 8500GT in 2006 for $80 CDN, then in 2008 I got the  ATI Radeon HD 5670 for $120 CDN, then the ASUS GTX 650TI in 2012 for $150 CDN, then the EVGA GTX 660 SC 2GB in 2013 for $200 CDN, then the Zotac GT 740 in 2015 for $80 CDN, then my ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 in 2017 for $671 CDN, and then the Zotac GTX 1050TI in 2018 for $181 CDN. The pricing has really changed.

20 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Well, an exception to that rule is the 1060. A GTX 1060 has the performance of a GTX 980, However a 1060 3GB has 128 CUDA Cores less is comparable to a GTX 970. Also another exception would be the GTX 1070, it has 980Ti/Titan X Maxwell levels of performance. And a 1080 just blows them away.

The architectural jump from the 900 to the 1000 series was a two-card performance increase as opposed to the standard one-card increase within architectures.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This seems super fake. No way the 1180 drops on July 30th, the timing is totally wrong. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

9 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

This seems super fake. No way the 1180 drops on July 30th, the timing is totally wrong. 

You don't expect us to trust you with that name, do you?

When July 30th comes and goes and this video's still up and wrong how will he feel

-= Moved to Graphics Cards =-

In the first 50 seconds of the video the reviewer admits that this is Leaked Information from an anonymous source and the information cannot be verified.

@DanielMDA I have updated your title to reflect the content.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Moved to Graphics Cards =-

In the first 50 seconds of the video the reviewer admits that this is Leaked Information from an anonymous source and the information cannot be verified.

@DanielMDA I have updated your title to reflect the content.

Question, why was it moved out of the news section?

37 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

I bet it's because it's unofficial news.

Saying your "reliable source is anonymous" let's you say literally anything because there is no backlash against a "source."

This guy reminds me of HaloFollower. Used to watch his vids quite a bit, but it just more, and MORE, and MOREE clickbait. Just the way he talks, I can tell GamerMeld isn't super creative himself, and I think he should consider doing tech news different. I can't take him seriously anymore. I really don't want to rant about this guy anymore, lol.

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

kek nice try OP.

I'm not getting baited today.

Next time post a video that has some actual information in it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

For the reason(s) I gave in my comment.

20 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Unreliable sources are not considered news.

Normally I would not openly discuss the moderation, I would discuss in a PM but this time I will as others have chimed in.

I do not doubt your honesty about the video reviewer you watch but unfortunately we don't allow speculation and unverifiable sources as fact in the forum.

As stated here in the guidelines, and since the reviewer may possibly be a reputable source he admits his own information is not verifiable so not reputable. 

• Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.

Source; 

At this point the conversation needs to steer back on topic or will be locked as it has derailed far enough.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER