Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Oh one with proper suspension that's squishy is a dream to drive.

The closest i've gotten in terms of a modern car is a 90s buick park avenue. But it was still not too squishy in the suspension^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah, but those engines are GINORMOUS. and compared to how much horsepower they make, i don't know if i like them. But i have ridden in one, and oh my god, it was so comfortable.

Well it's not like they were very advanced with how they worked, nor were they supposed to be a sports car. Just a land yacht.

Well it's not like they were very advanced with how they worked, nor were they supposed to be a sports car. Just a land yacht.

Yeah, but you're gonna need a powerful engine to propel that mass of a car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, but you're gonna need a powerful engine to propel that mass of a car.

Nah, they're meant to cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuise. :lol:

But I do agree, for what they weighed I would say at least 300 HP.

Fire!

19693268165_5ab4b90824_o.jpgBooniesBash-2015-30 by Andrew Gregg, on Flickr

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

USA! USA! USA!

:lol:

Hammond will probably love it^^

His love for Mustangs will make even more sense :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Would be sooooo amazing if I could go to a filming.....

Hammond is more American than some Americans I know.

System: Thinkpad T460

Would be sooooo amazing if I could go to a filming.....

Hammond is more American than some Americans I know.

Clarkson and May are pretty nice guys. (Unless you are a producer i guess)

Can't vouch for hammond since i've never met him but he seems polite enough for an "Angry short bloke"

Grape scent. Gr8 scent.

but-why.gif

Just finished watching this build. Now thats how you build a v8 miata properly

Clarkson and May are pretty nice guys. (Unless you are a producer i guess)

Can't vouch for hammond since i've never met him but he seems polite enough for an "Angry short bloke"

I know people who have met Hammond. I'd say he is the nicest of the three but they all seem like genuine, nice people.

System: Thinkpad T460

hopefully my sister's next car...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Hmph, having to decide between a 4th/5th gen Legacy GT wagon or a Passat R36... The only things the Legacy really has over the Passat is that it has a manual and a permanent AWD system. The Passat has a DSG and a Haldex FWD based on-demand AWD system. The Passat has more power, more tech and MUCH better seats, oh and a yearly routine servicing compared to the Subaru 6 month one.

Legacy:

Passat R36:

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Hmph, having to decide between a 4th/5th gen Legacy GT wagon or a Passat R36... The only things the Legacy really has over the Passat is that it has a manual and a permanent AWD system. The Passat has a DSG and a Haldex FWD based on-demand AWD system. The Passat has more power, more tech and MUCH better seats, oh and a yearly routine servicing compared to the Subaru 6 month one.

Legacy:

Passat R36:

Not entirely satisfied with my current volkswagen experience and i've heard people complain about different models. But i have very little hands on experience.

Personally i'd go for the legacy. But changing spark plugs on a boxer.. Good luck with whatever you pick

Not entirely satisfied with my current volkswagen experience and i've heard people complain about different models. But i have very little hands on experience.

Personally i'd go for the legacy. But changing spark plugs on a boxer.. Good luck with whatever you pick

I think it will be a matter of insurance. A manual Legacy with the stock sound system is from $19k to $20k currently which is cheaper than the R36 (with the RCD510) but the stock exhaust system is so quiet so I would definitely need an exhaust which will bring up the actual cost to about 22k which is closer to the VW but still within a 1-2 grand difference. The stock exhaust system of the R36 is actually okay in terms of sound. Servicing will be cheaper for the VW in the long run. The Legacys have also been driven for longer than most of the Passats, some have a mileage difference of 50000kms!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

but-why.gif

Cause gear oil smells like shit normally. 

Yeah, Subaru vs VW... I'd go with the subbie. Even if Subaru has issues they are pretty easy to work on and parts aren't too expensive. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

The fuck?

It makes working on the car more acceptable to the wife.

I'm still trying to realize the fact that I own my personal car now.

It will probably hit me like a brick once the bills start rolling in.

Cue song "and it hits me like a rock"

I know people who have met Hammond. I'd say he is the nicest of the three but they all seem like genuine, nice people.

ive seen all the episodes and i feel like hammond is the most geniune about his feelings.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Cue song "and it hits me like a rock"

ive seen all the episodes and i feel like hammond is the most geniune about his feelings.

Well, really any Brit you run into is very nice. The British are usually very nice people.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D