Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

preludes can hit decent top speeds actually but dat honda torque (or lack of)

I wanted one for a while, still do. But my friend I was going to be buying it off of has to sell it ASAP because he recently bought a Cobalt SS and needs the cash.

So, WRX STI or 240SX for me.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

We've hit 140 before when racing in a friend's Prelude. We're not gonna let a Prelude hang with us at those types of speeds.

preludes can hit decent top speeds actually but dat honda torque (or lack of)

True. I raced a Prelude the other day in the Equinox, and was actually pulling ahead... until the 115 electronic speed limiter set in -.-

"Rawr XD"

I wanted one for a while, still do. But my friend I was going to be buying it off of has to sell it ASAP because he recently bought a Cobalt SS and needs the cash.

Actual SS, or just the "high-trim" NA Cobalt?

"Rawr XD"

True. I raced a Prelude the other day in the Equinox, and was actually pulling ahead... until the 115 electronic speed limiter set in -.-

My mom wants to have the Impala tuned for a higher top speed, because it's locked at 108 without PCM tuning.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Actual SS, or just the "high-trim" NA Cobalt?

SS, supercharger and all :D

Let me find a couple photos he sent me.

Edit: Here's his Instagram, he's got photos of his Prelude, Cobalt, and his truck, along with Joey's old Prelude (Blue) and Joey's boosted Integra

https://instagram.com/wiredderp/

Edit 2: In the video of him taking the Prelude out, he was both not fully on the gas and in drive, not in tiptronic mode.

SS, supercharger and all :D

Let me find a couple photos he sent me.

Edit: Here's his Instagram, he's got photos of his Prelude, Cobalt, and his truck, along with Joey's old Prelude (Blue) and Joey's boosted Integra

Could have sworn it came with a turbo, not a blower

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope :P

Cobalt SS is Supercharged

His is anyway

Nope  :P

Cobalt SS is Supercharged

His is anyway

Had both depending on the year. Early models had a supercharger, later models had a turbocharger. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Some were turbo some were blower

"Rawr XD"

wait what 

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Edit 2: In the video of him taking the Prelude out, he was both not fully on the gas and in drive, not in tiptronic mode.

Are those rims plastidipped omg

"Rawr XD"

I kinda want to drive a decomissioned Police Interceptor. Those cars are pretty cool, they're cheap, since they were widely common, and basing off that, parts are cheap as well. But i'm still sticking to an MS6. Ford Police Interceptor seems cool though.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't see anything wrong with plastidipping

wait what 

Yep ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

nGxJ8II.jpg

WBKZoMf.jpg

dat interior

cuT7xu7.jpg

(Lurkers of this thread will recognize this field from my old Jetta)

"Rawr XD"

Half of the cars in my school parking lot have a plastidipped something and it's getting annoying lol

"Rawr XD"

Half of the cars in my school parking lot have a plastidipped something and it's getting annoying lol

Yeah, the Prelude's rims are plstidipped because he didn't have money for new rims but wanted a different look

I love plastidip, it's not common around here at all

probably they're too strapped for cash to get a new set of rims haha

We've hit 140 before when racing in a friend's Prelude. We're not gonna let a Prelude hang with us at those types of speeds.

but you'll get to 140 way before the lude...  its all about acceleration, not what the speed governor is...

but either way, if you're gonna mod the car, the Cobb AP or an open source tune should be one of the first few mods anyway.  so it shouldn't be an issue

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Yep ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dat interior

bruuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

just the ls though, hah

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

bruuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

just the ls though, hah

Lol yeah, technically the AWD doesn't work either, so it's a base model LS FWD... comes with a decent amount of stuff for a base model though.

Now I feel like getting a TrailBlazer SS haha

"Rawr XD"

Now I feel like getting a TrailBlazer SS haha

why?

This seems pretty fitting for this thread (Vessel upload)

https://www.vessel.com/videos/BbCvRhA8c

I shared that I got my new car on IMGUR. I thought it was funny how there was this one guy who went and said

"That's just not enough power… hope you don't live anywhere that has snow or ice during the winter"

It's funny, because during icy conditions it's never about having more power. It's about having traction. The only time you really need more power is when you are trying to haul stuff.

Or if you want to go faster. Because GOTTA GO FAST.

Really it's living hell when you try to drive when quarter size hail is falling on your car. With rain. FWD really started to struggle. Even worse when you have summer tires. PS, this in the mountains, it still rains there.