Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Farm style is the best. My neighbor has one and it's fucking awesome.

I remember when my uncle had an old Dodge Ram farm pickup, but when he moved houses, he had to leave it behind. I could have bought it off him.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I remember when my uncle had an old Dodge Ram farm pickup, but when he moved houses, he had to leave it behind. I could have bought it off him.

I'd never leave something like that behind. D: I would find a way to take it with me.

Farm style is the best. My neighbor has one and it's fucking awesome.

They just make sense in the countryside^^ 

I really don't like the look of the flatbed style beds though. (Unless it is on a ramp truck)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

They just make sense in the countryside^^ 

I really don't like the look of the flatbed style beds though. (Unless it is on a ramp truck)

Yeah, I have to agree on that.

I'd never leave something like that behind. D: I would find a way to take it with me.

Hey they had so many cars including a Pathfinder, a 2000 Odyssey, a Geo Metro, a Honda Prelude, and the truck. They only brought the Odyssey and the Pathfinder, but they traded the odyssey for a 2015 sienna. not bad considering he has 5 kids.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, I have to agree on that.

Speaking of truck beds

This should be standard equipment on all trucks

3154d1206993826-wanted-landy-110-pickup-

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Speaking of truck beds

This should be standard equipment on all trucks

-snips-

Nah, I'll just have my child slaves scoop the dirt out of my bed.

Nah, I'll just have my child slaves scoop the dirt out of my bed.

Or as the government likes to call them "Interns" 

Usually gave them hell when they tried out my job so they'd stay in school and become something better.

But trucks would be fantastic with tipper beds. Getting gravel out of a regular truck bed usually requires a broom and then a hose

Usually gave them hell when they tried out my job so they'd stay in school and become something better.

But trucks would be fantastic with tipper beds. Getting gravel out of a regular truck bed usually requires a broom and then a hose

Really? I just get a shovel and dump it right behind the truck then drive off.

You'd also have to put some heavy duty suspension in the back for how much dirt these things can hold, ignoring all the hardware to make it dump.

I'm of the belief that I use a tarp and pull the tarp out in one go instead of wasting my time with a shovel. ;)

F1 technology for your car:

11411797_849412325135742_643066184847655

The motor keeps the turbo spooled between shifts and before a launch, and works as a generator to manage the speed of the turbine to prevent overboost conditions and to charge the battery.

I'm of the belief that I use a tarp and pull the tarp out in one go instead of wasting my time with a shovel. ;)

Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't thought about that at all. But if you got a bed load full of dirt, wouldn't it be just to heavy to carry out of the bed?

F1 technology for your car:

11411797_849412325135742_643066184847655

The motor keeps the turbo spooled between shifts and before a launch, and works as a generator to manage the speed of the turbine to prevent overboost conditions and to charge the battery.

So is it supposed to prevent lag or something while charging the battery for longer driving range?

I prefer keeping it clean so i can transport other stuff.

SK_855_truck_bed_mats_3x.jpg

The gap between bed and tailgate always gets stuffed with gravel

You'd also have to put some heavy duty suspension in the back for how much dirt these things can hold, ignoring all the hardware to make it dump.

Which would make them more robust. Win win

I prefer keeping it clean so i can transport other stuff.

The gap between bed and tailgate always gets stuffed with gravel

Which would make them more robust. Win win

But it's already a truck. It's supposed to carry heavy loads in the back. It should already come with heavy duty suspension.

Cobb AP will do it, or an open source tune / reflash

But honestly, how often are you gonna actually be doing 145+? Even highway races at the rarely get up to that speed for me, and I have way more power than a wrx...

We've hit 140 before when racing in a friend's Prelude. We're not gonna let a Prelude hang with us at those types of speeds.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I would love to drive a new one, but money. If anything, i'll just buy a 2000 Camry XLE on craigslist.

That's what my friend AJ has, we recently installed subs and a new stereo all around, putting a spoiler on this week. That car is fun to mess with. He got it for free so we just mess around with it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

But it's already a truck. It's supposed to carry heavy loads in the back. It should already come with heavy duty suspension.

this.

my friend has a 2014 Ram. His biggest complaint is it has sub-par suspension in the back. Everytime he pulls a trailer or has a heavy load in the bed, it sags. He also has a level-ing kit on it(Which brings the front end up to match the rear end so the truck is flat) so it looks even worse when he has the aforementioned load. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

We've hit 140 before when racing in a friend's Prelude. We're not gonna let a Prelude hang with us at those types of speeds.

dont do this please. Go to a track or organize a road to be closed for this. It's way too dangerous when there is a possibility of other traffic, especially when you have no idea what they are going to do.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

You have stumbled on the truth here... Have you ever wondered why only 1 ton pickups have "Truck" plates?

Nasty unpopular truth:

Pickup =/= Truck

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

dont do this please. Go to a track or organize a road to be closed for this. It's way too dangerous when there is a possibility of other traffic, especially when you have no idea what they are going to do.

Never done on roads with other people on them. Worst we've done was we had friends with pickup trucks with trailers block off all on and off ramps, and the area before where we launched for a distance that we were running. We always back off the power if we don't feel safe. And our "race" cars have roll cages in them in case something awful happens

You must be lurking cus you always pop up when mentioned. :P

I lurk on this thread when I'm bored lol

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

preludes can hit decent top speeds actually but dat honda torque (or lack of)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan