Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I'm sure you're not the only one. And Toyota reliability in comparison to GM is, to me, not even a question.

K. This was also almost 20 years ago.

I'm generally a Toyota fan...

i'll take that as you're a tundra fan.

I'm sure you're not the only one. And Toyota reliability in comparison to GM is, to me, not even a question.

indeed. i can't remember the last time the americans ever made a reliable car

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

K. This was also almost 20 years ago.

I'd bet it's still the case today. It's hard to argue on that aspect of the trucks...

System: Thinkpad T460

I'd bet it's still the case today. It's hard to argue on that aspect of the trucks...

Christ almighty help some of you..

That wasn't even the case then. That truck was just cursed.

Christ almighty help some of you..

That wasn't even the case then. That truck was just cursed.

But you misse the point. We can both go on our own way because neither of us are gonna change our opinions.

System: Thinkpad T460

btw, evoxforums blew up when Kooldino royally screwed up Rik84's build lol. we're all on boostedforum.com now. we don't lock or nuke threads, all completely honest and unfiltered (already had some good reading material in there that would have been locked by the second page on other forums). should kill some time there next time you're bored at work =)

so did some of that (lurking and pm'ing Locust) over the last couple days... I kinda f*cking hate you right now...  I desperately want an Evo again!  but an 8 or 9 :D

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

so did some of that (lurking and pm'ing Locust) over the last couple days... I kinda f*cking hate you right now...  I desperately want an Evo again!  but an 8 or 9 :D

Really, i'm quite pissed at Mitsubishi's decision to end the Lancer lineup. Really gets me fucking mad. Now we'll never know which is better. IF they had done a redesign early enough, it could catch the attention of folks and they could have saved the EVO, but no, they said fuck that, and left it for 5 years. no wonder it's getting such slow sales.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Really, i'm quite pissed at Mitsubishi's decision to end the Lancer lineup. Really gets me fucking mad. Now we'll never know which is better. IF they had done a redesign early enough, it could catch the attention of folks and they could have saved the EVO, but no, they said fuck that, and left it for 5 years. no wonder it's getting such slow sales.

which is better between what?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

which is better between what?

Evo and STi. It's always been a tug of war. But it seems like Mitsubishi have cut the rope on this one.

Evo and STi. It's always been a tug of war. But it seems like Mitsubishi have cut the rope on this one.

There's a white Evo here I think.

considering the Evo that went on sale in 08 is still ahead of the current STi (from a performance driving perspective), its safe to say had they made a new Evo, it prolly would have been better too 

There's a white Evo here I think.

What i meant to say is that Mitsubishi has stopped making EVOs with no successor in sight.

considering the Evo that went on sale in 08 is still ahead of the current STi (from a performance driving perspective), its safe to say had they made a new Evo, it prolly would have been better too 

Yeah, but a nice redesign could have saved them. But no. They left it the same and now they're stuck making compact economy cars. Yuck. After i think 20 years, a legend has died.

What i meant to say is that Mitsubishi has stopped making EVOs with no successor in sight.

No, I know. Just saying I think there's one here.

No, I know. Just saying I think there's one here.

Yeah my neighbor has one. They're not that rare.

Yeah my neighbor has one. They're not that rare.

Here they are. First one I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, but a nice redesign could have saved them. But no. They left it the same and now they're stuck making compact economy cars. Yuck. After i think 20 years, a legend has died.

meh... not really.  the evo is a niche car, it doesn't generate enough sales to keep mitsu auto going by itself... and the rest of the line up is crap.  cars are just a tiny part of mitusbishi anyway, the only reason it exists is cause its CEO back in the day decided he wanted to be driven to work in his own car instead of a Toyota.

hate on economy cars all you want, but its what keeps most auto manufacturer's going, and mitsu automotive is dying cause it doesn't have a decent economy car

meh... not really.  the evo is a niche car, it doesn't generate enough sales to keep mitsu auto going by itself... and the rest of the line up is crap.  cars are just a tiny part of mitusbishi anyway, the only reason it exists is cause its CEO back in the day decided he wanted to be driven to work in his own car instead of a Toyota.

hate on economy cars all you want, but its what keeps most auto manufacturer's going, and mitsu automotive is dying cause it doesn't have a decent economy car

Yeah but they forgot about the vanilla Lancer. That can technically be considered an economy car.

Here they are. First one I've seen in a long time.

In the Bay Area, they're so damn common,even if they don't even see snow.

Yeah but they forgot about the vanilla Lancer. That can technically be considered an economy car.

I did say decent... the vanilla Lancer is crap compared to almost anything else in the segment

I did day decent... the vanilla Lancer is crap compared to almost anything else in the segment

Well technically so is the Mirage and the MieV.

Well technically so is the Mirage and the MieV.

haha.. you're making my point here

haha.. you're making my point here

But theyre also terrible like the Lancer. I'm surprised their automotive division still survives. Back in the 90s and 00s, there was a better car lineup, like the Diamante, Galant, Eclipse, and don't forget the Lancer. They were good cars. And the 90s Mirage was better than today's Mirage.

But theyre also terrible like the Lancer. I'm surprised their automotive division still survives. Back in the 90s and 00s, there was a better car lineup, like the Diamante, Galant, Eclipse, and don't forget the Lancer. They were good cars. And the 90s Mirage was better than today's Mirage.

lets face it, they were crap back then too.  the difference is, so was everything else.  but now everything else improved while mitsu's econo cars stayed the same... even kia's and hyuandai's are better now

lets face it, they were crap back then too.  the difference is, so was everything else.  but now everything else improved while mitsu's econo cars stayed the same... even kia's and hyuandai's are better now

but they had a wider product range back then. now it's limited to just like 3-4 models and those aren't selling well either. i wouldn't be surprised if mitsubishi shut down their automotive department because really the evo was what put them on the map.

but they had a wider product range back then. now it's limited to just like 3-4 models and those aren't selling well either. i wouldn't be surprised if mitsubishi shut down their automotive department because really the evo was what put them on the map.

yup, they're going that way soon.. at least in 'merica