Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

31 minutes ago, Ethan P said:

Any other Panther platform owners or enthusiasts in here?

?️

Just signed up here, and if I'm honest cars come slightly before tech in my list of priorities, so I was please to spot this thread.

Any love for an Evo V, any other Evo or Mitsubishi owners?

(Also my girlfriend's Clio 182 Trophy in the 2nd picture).

DSC_0048__01.jpg

DSC_0006__01.jpg

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

How come you're driving a cop car?

Quite simply, it’s got low miles and it’s really comfortable. 

2 hours ago, EZTutty said:

DSC_0006__01.jpg

Sod the evo, that clio is gorgeous ?

Really miss my old one 

LRM_EXPORT_46533289605408_20181128_121535667.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

44 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Sod the evo, that clio is gorgeous ?

Really miss my old one 

LRM_EXPORT_46533289605408_20181128_121535667.jpeg

lol, i used to have a Turbo'ed 172 Cup i put together, but got rid of it for the evo.

IMAG0087.thumb.jpg.4660425aebd2a1d97d873d6d573d6550.jpg

6 hours ago, EZTutty said:

Just signed up here, and if I'm honest cars come slightly before tech in my list of priorities, so I was please to spot this thread.

DSC_0048__01.jpg

Evo I and Evo V are the only two I've honestly ever liked. It's a damn gorgeous machine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sounds like the kind of thing a cop would say, I've got my definitely non cop eye on you.

??

1981 Chevy El Camino

Bucket seats, floor shifter (factory stock)

350ci small block geared cam

Holley 650 vacuum secondary 

TH350 Transmission

4:10 Spool rear end with sliders. 

(old barn find a few years back)

20170908_172105_HDR2.jpg

First start after Carb rebuild spring 2019.

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sounds like the kind of thing a cop would say, I've got my definitely non cop eye on you.

Sounds good. Maybe look for my non cop car on VINWiki while you’re at it? Give your non cop eye something else to look for too. 

Guys guys. He's not a cop obviously.

Hes a taxi driver ??‍♂️ 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Guys guys. He's not a cop obviously.

Hes a taxi driver ??‍♂️ 

Definitely undercover cop posing as taxi driver.....don't get sucked in.

Pete

2 hours ago, 711jrp said:

Definitely undercover cop posing as taxi driver.....don't get sucked in.

Or an undercover taxi driver posing as a non-cop.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

19 hours ago, EZTutty said:

13 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Evo I and Evo V are the only two I've honestly ever liked. It's a damn gorgeous machine

this is the best evo 
image.png.58ef14692b282e92af7eb89bcdf19069.pngimage.png.5a22eee65ca7dd67d1115896ec13c674.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

this is the best evo 

We've got a few years until we can import that ?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:42 PM, bcredeur97 said:

So after dominating autocross in the US, SCCA moved the Tesla Model 3 up from one of the middle classes (BS) to the top class (SS).

will be a lot harder to win autoX in it now. Some people are mad about it.

But one thing I’m thinking is they may be scared of the OTA updates and such.. what if Elon were to drop an update that made the car .2 seconds faster right before the national championship? It kinda poses a problem. The car almost needs a never changing “competition” mode

I'm not sure I'd say dominating-- the winning margin for BS was 0.07 sec and it was the driver's second championship (first in class). He posted in a grassroots forum thread that he'd retired the car from autox after the event anyway, as he prefers driving Miatas at autox.

Personally....I think the OTA issue is a valid reason to upclass it as there's zero way for the owner to ensure the car isn't getting surprise extra power. An EV-only class may as well be called Spec M3P though-- might be a thing once Tesla has more of a presence regionally. They already have Spec Civic, Spec Special Snowflake, Spec Miata, so why not?

That all said...those M3Ps are FUN.

A little something I helped bring home a few years ago when it was new.
Yes, I was allowed to take it for a spin too.

Shelby.JPG

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Fitted the GT-R wing onto my R33 today. Did a much needed oil change and took her for a quick spin. With having replaced the coilpacks and fuel pump because of a boost cut issue, shes running 100% better now!

Next stage is onto suspension when I get some more time. Then she should be able to go into a mechanic to check over the rest of it and get complied to be road legal again. 

cee69587532e709d4a5534d4922b135f.jpg

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

12 minutes ago, Ethan P said:

Alright, fine. I’ll admit, I’m really just a senior citizen. 

OK boomer

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, Ethan P said:

Quite simply, it’s got low miles and it’s really comfortable. 

That's the understatement of the century. That thing's a literal boat. Handles like one too, but man you dont feel a goddamn bump in the road. (My grandfather had the Grand Marquis version) A stark difference to my 1" Static lowered ST. 

Snapchat-1940189758.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

*re igniting bolt on discussion*

If I need to remove more than one function critical part from the car to install the new aftermarket part, it's probably not a true bolt on (IE: new spark plugs require you usually to remove the wired cap first)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

If I need to remove more than one function critical part from the car to install the new aftermarket part, it's probably not a true bolt on (IE: new spark plugs require you usually to remove the wired cap first)

technically that makes an air filter or intake not a bolt on, wheras I would normally consider that to be one

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

technically that makes an air filter or intake not a bolt on, wheras I would normally consider that to be one

I would not consider an air box cover to be a Function cirtical part, hence, bolt on. 

Function critical = Car literally will not work without it. Otherwise I'd have to count the fact that pulling off my engine cover makes it impossible to do anything to the car, making almost anything not a bolt on ?

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Why is bolt on a dirty word again? I think I missed why this discussion got so heated. Unless you're grinding your own camshafts and building your own turbos theres a solid chance everything in your engine is a bolt on. Who cares?

-------------------------------------------------

On a different note, been working on my new baby (think I brought it up here, 1993 Jeep Wrangler) for the better part of 2 weeks getting her sorted and as close to perfect as possible. Final part came in today, new speakers. Not going crazy on the sound system for this jeep, just replacing the FACTORY ORIGINAL 4x6's that somehow still sorta worked with some fresh ones. It an open top jeep, so I didn't waste too much money on something that I probably wont be able to hear 3/4 of the time anyways. Just wanted a functional radio and speakers.

Shes mostly stock, amazingly, since Florida is the capital of mall crawlers. Wheels off a TJ, full stainless exhaust, and nothing else major. I dont plan on lifting it, because i enjoy my ~20MPG, but I do plan on getting some lighter wheels and tires some time in the future as well but not much else.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは