Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, arnavvr said:

snip

If BMW M series cost that much here.

RGBPU8L.png

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

6 hours ago, terrytek said:

you ain't wrong. that upsets me how valuable they've gotten. even a slightly high mileage (~160k miles) example can still run about 15 grand. i think i'd rather buy a UCF20 LS400, twin turbo and manual swap it and actually do a vip build out of it. I know, VIP and twin turbo and manual don't really mix, but that's how I want it. Maybe in the future I'll own an E39 but looks like it's LS400 for a while.

a properly done twin turbo VIP LS400 WILL cost more than a decent E39 M5 .... and the more you wait the more the M5 will cost ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

tl;dr never gonna happen, time to civic

with how he is ... i doubt he will have any car xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

12 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Really interesting what is happening with older M cars.

First the BMW M3:

E36s are now the same price as E46s! Wow, definitely did not expect that to happen

Then the BMW M5:

E39s passed E60s by a significant margin, not really surprised by this one, E60s are a headache to own. 

It hurts so much to see the cars I want in the future (E36's, don't care much about E39's, not that I wouldn't mind owning one) go up in price... :(

And this is in general for E36's, not just M3. Coupe six cylinders E36 are pretty expensive... Sedans, they can be cheap, but they are either rare or in really bad shape... :|

I still want a six cylinder sedan tho

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

It hurts so much to see the cars I want in the future (E36's, don't care much about E39's, not that I wouldn't mind owning one) go up in price... :(

And this is in general for E36's, not just M3. Coupe six cylinders E36 are pretty expensive... Sedans, they can be cheap, but they are either rare or in really bad shape... :|

try finding a E36 328i wagon with no rust and thats not falling to bits ... that'll show you rare ... 

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

pick up the (last *good* BMW) E46's before those go up too! xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

try finding a E36 328i wagon with no rust and thats not falling to bits ... that'll show you rare ... 

@JoaoPRSousa nvm ... found a good one ... :ph34r:

https://www.ss.com/msg/lv/transport/cars/bmw/328/gkgee.html 

bmw-328-20326228.800.jpg

jc, since they seem to be not as high demand as they used to be, are earlyish Skyline GTR's (imported from Japan) still priced way too high? or have they come down a little?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

jc, since they seem to be not as high demand as they used to be, are earlyish Skyline GTR's (imported from Japan) still priced way too high? or have they come down a little?

they will be too expensive for quite a long while 

25 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

There is one 320i wagon. There was one with everything M Sport or wtv (323 I believe), but it long gone :(

And that 320 is hella dropped and some 18s or wtv... and overpriced

the real appreciation winner was the 1 Series M.

Things are $65k right now... $43k original MSRP in 2011 lol

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

the real appreciation winner was the 1 Series M.

Things are $65k right now... $43k original MSRP in 2011 lol

They're rare, plus, they're amazing. IMO

The taillights alone cost like 3 grand

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

They're rare, plus, they're amazing. IMO

The taillights alone cost like 3 grand

I wonder where they'll top at? Probably like $80k if I had to guess.

Once they get really really old they may be more tho. Idk

Spoiler

1M Coupes were never really drivers cars. People bought them because they knew that they were going up in value. 135i M-Sports are still affordable. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Saw a nice wee convoy today. Consisted of a Nissan GTR, a Jaguar F-type, 3 BMW M-sports and 2 or 3 Audi RSes (they shot pass me so I didn't have time to identify exact models nor was I able to count em properly as I was trying to merge). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Saw a nice wee convoy today. Consisted of a Nissan GTR, a Jaguar F-type, 3 BMW M-sports and 2 or 3 Audi RSes (they shot pass me so I didn't have time to identify exact models nor was I able to count em properly as I was trying to merge). 

it's a small dream of mine to buy an Audi RS car and put A series badges on it.

since they look the same to most people anyway lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's a small dream of mine to buy an Audi RS car and put A series badges on it.

since they look the same to most people anyway lol

when i was in germany .... B7 RS4 sedan roared past ... my sister just looked at the 911 behind it .... xD 

22 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

when i was in germany .... B7 RS4 sedan roared past ... my sister just looked at the 911 behind it .... xD 

I would too

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

12 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

a properly done twin turbo VIP LS400 WILL cost more than a decent E39 M5 .... and the more you wait the more the M5 will cost ... 

well it depends on plans on the m5. i want to get the m5 and supercharge it, and somewhat overhaul the audio system. that will be more of a streetable track car. 

10 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

tl;dr never gonna happen, time to civic

i'll take anything but a civic. civics are stolen every 3 minutes in this city. too much of a liability.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@warmmilk One of the guys I know who races regularly in the US F1600 (Hoosiers) makes the occassional trip North to race in Canada. Interesting watching how slidey he gets on these R888Rs

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

What I keep thinking of with dream cars is honestly how much longer are petrol cars going to be viable. I get a good few years but I'm not expecting to magically walk into massive disposable income anytime soon so while I got one of my dream cars now and I've driven a ton of my high-end dream cars like the R8 GT and such I accept that certain cars I will never own/drive cause there just isn't enough time before fuel becomes unviable. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

20 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well it depends on plans on the m5. i want to get the m5 and supercharge it, and somewhat overhaul the audio system. that will be more of a streetable track car. 

no ... im talking about a VIP build LS400 and buying an M5 ... ofc building something out of a car costing around 10x as much will cost more ... 

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

no ... im talking about a VIP build LS400 and buying an M5 ... ofc building something out of a car costing around 10x as much will cost more ... 

if i keep the engine stock, maybe the price of a vip ls400 might still come under buying a nice lowish mileage example m5. if i had built like the motor and like twin turbo'd the entire motor and such, then yeah it would eclipse it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D