Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

well it depends on plans on the m5. i want to get the m5 and supercharge it, and somewhat overhaul the audio system. that will be more of a streetable track car. 

i'll take anything but a civic. civics are stolen every 3 minutes in this city. too much of a liability.

BoostedBoiz 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

BoostedBoiz 

Civics are cool and all, and they can be hella fun as shit but like i said they're so commonly stolen that it's not worth the liability and increased insurance premiums for one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

well it depends on plans on the m5. i want to get the m5 and supercharge it, and somewhat overhaul the audio system. that will be more of a streetable track car. 

i'll take anything but a civic. civics are stolen every 3 minutes in this city. too much of a liability.

anything with an immobilizer is prob too hard for most to steal tbh...

the problem is civics didn't get immobilizers till like much much later than most cars. which is why they are a big target

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

anything with an immobilizer is prob too hard for most to steal tbh...

the problem is civics didn't get immobilizers till like much much later than most cars. which is why they are a big target

That's my issue. I don't like newer civics as much as older pre 2000 civics really. I don't mind a slightly newer one like an FA5 Si sedan, but I can't afford one of those.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

39 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Civics are cool and all, and they can be hella fun as shit but like i said they're so commonly stolen that it's not worth the liability and increased insurance premiums for one.

Security system. And you can lease a car. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Security system. And you can lease a car. 

What would be a good aftermarket security system brand? And i'm not too keen on leasing a car, could help build credit with the monthly payments (i think that's how it works), but i don't like the fact you have limited mileage, and that you have to return the car when lease is up.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Accord

If I wasn't so turned off by FWD, I wouldve gone manual v6 accord with leather and sunroof and maybe even navigation. Preferrably in a sedan. Either that or a Camry V6 manual, but those are rare.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

What would be a good aftermarket security system brand? And i'm not too keen on leasing a car, could help build credit with the monthly payments (i think that's how it works), but i don't like the fact you have limited mileage, and that you have to return the car when lease is up.

Viper actually has some phenomenal options 

On 6/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, terrytek said:

Not even joking most Hondas here in NZ you can just jam a flat-head into the lock and then the ignition and off you go. It's pretty unfortunate but you get what you pay for (they are cheap af here).

OH MY GOD

My Stratified tune came in late last night, I flashed the tune on my Mazdaspeed early this morning.... The car PULLS SO HARD now! It’s incredible, running 21 PSI of boost over the stock 15!!

And I knew the crackles would be loud especially since I have a 3” straight pipe but DAMN it sounds like an AK-47 when I let off the gas ?

I still need to gather some data logs for the guys at Stratified to calibrate my MAF, but man it already is super fast.

I need to get some video together, I’m pretty sure the exhaust shoots flames but I don’t have a GoPro ?

9 hours ago, terrytek said:

if i keep the engine stock, maybe the price of a vip ls400 might still come under buying a nice lowish mileage example m5. if i had built like the motor and like twin turbo'd the entire motor and such, then yeah it would eclipse it.

if you keep the engine stock and twin turbo the LS400 ... its gonna blow up .... if you keep the engine stock and no power mods, just VIP build it ... then its just a showcar and where is the fun in that

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

if you keep the engine stock and twin turbo the LS400 ... its gonna blow up .... if you keep the engine stock and no power mods, just VIP build it ... then its just a showcar and where is the fun in that

What kinda power can them LS' run on stock internals? Might be able to get away with a low boost setup

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

22 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

What kinda power can them LS' run on stock internals? Might be able to get away with a low boost setup

i dunno, but knowing terry he will try to run too much boost xD 

according to the internet a properly tuned stock 1uz can hold a bit over 12psi but there are people melting pistons at 10psi and less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

10 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

according to the internet a properly tuned stock 1uz can hold a bit over 12psi but there are people melting pistons at 10psi and less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Car doesn’t have turbo from factory -> run 6 psi on stock internals just to keep things as safe as possible. Most engines are fairly high compression anyway and they just need a little to really wake up.

car had a turbo -> you can run more... I wouldn’t run too much more than original

you built the motor -> go nuts. I’d probably still stay way safer than most others if it’s a daily tho. 

Thats just my view on it.. maybe I’m overly safe but I like my stuff to last

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Car doesn’t have turbo from factory -> run 6 psi on stock internals just to keep things as safe as possible. Most engines are fairly high compression anyway and they just need a little to really wake up.

car had a turbo -> you can run more... I wouldn’t run too much more than original

you built the motor -> go nuts. I’d probably still stay way safer than most others if it’s a daily tho. 

Thats just my view on it.. maybe I’m overly safe but I like my stuff to last

the 1uz is a magical beast according to internet ... some say dont run more than 6psi stock ... some  say you can get up to 14psi with a proper tune ... 

but i agree with you .... ofc there are engines that can hold more than 6psi stock .. but if you daily the thing and want it to survive ... be safe

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

If I wasn't so turned off by FWD, I wouldve gone manual v6 accord with leather and sunroof and maybe even navigation. Preferrably in a sedan. Either that or a Camry V6 manual, but those are rare.

I say you get an automatic, fwd, no ac, crank windows, and maybe cupholders.

5 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

stock engine, no boost, maybe CD009 (350z) transmission swap, just to add some driver engagement, but that's probably coming if i blow the stock 5 speed auto.

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

well i mean it depends on the 1uz variant. the non vvti 1uzs typically have stronger internals. but in terms of stock power, vvti motors have a bump in power. but aftermarket for a vvti motor sucks compared to a non vvti :/

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I say you get an automatic, fwd, no ac, crank windows, and maybe cupholders.

fuck automatic, fuck crank windows, i'll probably take everything else.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

stock engine, no boost, maybe CD009 (350z) transmission swap, just to add some driver engagement, but that's probably coming if i blow the stock 5 speed auto.

well i mean it depends on the 1uz variant. the non vvti 1uzs typically have stronger internals. but in terms of stock power, vvti motors have a bump in power. but aftermarket for a vvti motor sucks compared to a non vvti :/

automatic to manual takes more work than you might think ... especially with a box that was not meant to be in the car in the 1st place 

i doubt you will keep it stock for long ... and the car wont be happening anytime soon ... *cough* getajob *cough*

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

what is it with you and hate for crank windows? cant move your hand for a few seconds or what? and actually the crank windows give better engagement :ph34r:

also AC > power windows 

and bruh ... get older ... will stop the hate for automatics

transmission swap, just to add some driver engagement

fuck automatic

driver engagement - big luxury barge

pick one

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Because a manual RWD boat will do you so well

An automatic daily is phenomenal. Especially when dealing with even Chicago or Indy traffic, let alone Cali traffic. And crank windows are great honestly. I love them. Less stuff to break, and just simply cooler

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Accord

This. Leather, heated seats and mirrors, 250hp, 6 speeds 30 mpg, navigation, decent back seat even in the coupe.

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

Camry v6 manuals are slow and they only offered them until 2001.

2006-2007 were the years that they offered the v6 and a stick in a sedan. A decent one will run you 4-6k right now.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

This. Leather, heated seats and mirrors, 250hp, 6 speeds 30 mpg, navigation, decent back seat even in the coupe.

Plus they're not expensive!

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

driver engagement - big luxury barge

pick one

i can do both.

3 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Camry v6 manuals are slow and they only offered them until 2001.

2006-2007 were the years that they offered the v6 and a stick in a sedan. A decent one will run you 4-6k right now.

i saw a 2008 camry se v6 with a manual. 2011 (??) i believe was the last year the camry came with a v6 manual.

and idk to me a toyota v6 with a nice exhaust can sound better and they make more power stock depending on what variant you get, plus it's dohc, which i like. idk either engine is good to me. and there's no way an accord sedan v6 manual can be that price.