Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

55 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Laser Tools Racing 

Ah nice

My best friends godfather is the team manager for the AMD tuning team

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

57 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Ah nice

My best friends godfather is the team manager for the AMD tuning team

Thats some hot tuning team

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Somewhat related to cars. (racing games are related to cars, so fuck it)

Forza Horizon 4 was announced/revealed on E3.

Set in the UK and what not, featuring dynamic seasons (from what I read?) and what not.

I mean, I don't know what they did in Motorsport 7, but I sure as hell hope they don't fuck it up with more DLC bullshit and boosters (somewhat similar to loot boxes? idk).

Too bad I already learnt my lesson by spending 125€ on FH3... Not going to pre-order FH4 for sure. Won't have the money at the moment, but that doesn't matter, even if I had the money I doubt I'd pre-order it, especially the most expensive version... Probably going to buy the standard edition in early 2019 if I do enjoy what I see once media starts showing off the game.

Some in game photos here + vids

DfWwAFpWAAE5aEC.jpg

jpg

Forza-Horizon-4-autumn-980x620.jpg

FH4_screenshot1.jpg?format=1500w

It's pretty obvious that graphics are gonna be amazing (and physics, dare I add), but, as what happened with FH3, I doubt my computer can run it properly at decent settings. Oh well.

EDIT: Just noticed, it's set in the UK, McLaren is an UK based manufacturer, and yet, the Senna is LHD. LOOOL

Well, at least the Ultimate version now includes the two expansions.

EDIT2: The Senna is LHD only. I'm dumb.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Oh wew, I just found out how someone family (in my year) 'owns' (is team principle) a racing team with her older brother as the driver, for the BTCC (british touring car championship). Too bad I'm not really interested in the BTCC (or WTCC)...

Knockhill would be mine, only 29 miles away :P

my closest track is only like 6km away :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 6/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, Not_Sean said:

didn't know on the 3MPS its just steering angle sensor, on the ST our limiter in 1st and second is controlled by both timing and boost the steering only affects out Traction control but when when thats off out boost and timing is reduced., But guess we are also 5 Cylinders so making a very large torque difference and way earlier as well. 

Nice man, Which one you looking at getting? So its already got a turbo back exhaust? 

Check out the Pagid and dba Brake stuff, both the time Attack 3MPS (one first gen on the newer shape) both run them and swear by them, I'm also looking at them since I run the exact same brakes as the MPS.  

Yeah it just cuts torque if it senses that the wheels are being pulled to one side. Honestly it's not that hard to control, I quite like it.

So I ordered a Corksport SRI and Corksport Max Flow fuel pump internals, just installed them today and reflashed the ECU with a Stage 2 tune (OTS from Cobb, just had to calibrate the MAF and set up launch control and flat foot shifting). Well worth it, you can REALLY hear the turbo now and the BPV working. Sounds awesome, like a turbo car should. Car pulls REALLY hard too, it's incredible!

Engine bay shot:

image1.thumb.jpeg.056abcdeff036c949df65c99f2e42328.jpeg

Couple mods left then I'll call it quits:

C-PE Top Mount Intercooler (this one 3.25" thick versus the stock intercooler at I believe 2.5", plus it has much less restriction on the inlets and outlets).

Corksport or Swift Lowering Springs

New Pads and Rotors (mine are squeaking :()

New Tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 225/40ZR18 92Y)

25mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacers (I plan on keeping the stock wheels because honestly they are gorgeous, I just want them to be a little more flush with the fenders).

I'm still considering meth injection, but honestly I don't want that headache in my car to worry about. I'd rather just fill it up on 93 and haul ass as it is.

I also ordered a custom tune from Stratified Auto, I threw in the crackles and pops so it should sound like this once they email it to me (happened to order it Friday afternoon, so now I have to wait probably until Tuesday or Wednesday to receive it):

Also gave it a wash, clay bar, polish and wax. And tinted my tail lights with VHT red, clear coated, wet sanded, polished and waxed them. Looks hella mean (bonus shot of the Miata):

IMG_1079.thumb.jpg.9ef257e9402b7f26cbba6bbcb55fddf8.jpg

Oh, and uh, I sold the Miata. Put all the money towards the note on my Mazdaspeed :) Sad to see it go but glad I'm getting ever so close to paying off my car.

:D

@byalexandr did you mess with the rear engine mount on the MS3? I have a friend who autocrosses a stock one and he goes through them about once a year lol (cant upgrade because AutoX stock class probs). but i'd imagine it becomes a bigger issue with extra torque

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

@byalexandr did you mess with the rear engine mount on the MS3? I have a friend who autocrosses a stock one and he goes through them about once a year lol (cant upgrade because AutoX stock class probs)

No I haven't touched to motor mounts. Most people upgrade them to elminate torque steer, I don't find it that bad. I will upgrade them, just not at the top of my list right now.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

*Snip

Looks awesome man, Happy to see you know what you doing so many people rush off to FMIC when its pointless on those, they make amazing power with an uprated TMIC.

Personally, I'll never go near WMI seen two mates engines explode when a fuse went and it cut out, people are able to get enough power for me without it, Won't be bothering with it, for a road car. MAYBE once the car comes off the road. 

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

No I haven't touched to motor mounts. Most people upgrade them to elminate torque steer, I don't find it that bad. I will upgrade them, just not at the top of my list right now.

On the ST's (MK2 ST not the MK3) this was a vital upgrade not just for Torque steer but keeps the engine flatter and makes gear shift smoother when you pounding it. I've actually just ordered a new one since my current one is street, and need a track one. But know for us its a balance of the ford/Volvo one been average and the 5 Cylinder making stupid amounts of torque right from 1200rpm all the way till 4k, so launching and that is crazy fun with the torque steering. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 hours ago, byalexandr said:

- sniperino on the mazderinos -

Hot damn, if that isn't clean.

Good job man. Also, good job on having the 3 almost payed off :D It is a bit sad to see the NB gone, but now you can focus on the 3.

I just hope I can clean my car (once I get one) like that. If there is something I like is clean stuff. And a clean car is something I do like to see.

image.png.48eb038b2bbb68948f51fdeda1ec6235.png

RWD meet yesterday, after that we had burgers and chicken strips :x Not the biggest car meet, but I still had fun nonetheless :P 

What a day, but I had to go home early because my parents called me :S

Believe it or not, I met 3 of my high school teachers there >_<

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Somewhat related to cars. (racing games are related to cars, so fuck it)

Forza Horizon 4 was announced/revealed on E3.

Set in the UK and what not, featuring dynamic seasons (from what I read?) and what not.

I mean, I don't know what they did in Motorsport 7, but I sure as hell hope they don't fuck it up with more DLC bullshit and boosters (somewhat similar to loot boxes? idk).

Too bad I already learnt my lesson by spending 125€ on FH3... Not going to pre-order FH4 for sure. Won't have the money at the moment, but that doesn't matter, even if I had the money I doubt I'd pre-order it, especially the most expensive version... Probably going to buy the standard edition in early 2019 if I do enjoy what I see once media starts showing off the game.

Some in game photos here + vids

Reveal hidden contents

DfWwAFpWAAE5aEC.jpg

jpg

Forza-Horizon-4-autumn-980x620.jpg

FH4_screenshot1.jpg?format=1500w

It's pretty obvious that graphics are gonna be amazing (and physics, dare I add), but, as what happened with FH3, I doubt my computer can run it properly at decent settings. Oh well.

EDIT: Just noticed, it's set in the UK, McLaren is an UK based manufacturer, and yet, the Senna is LHD. LOOOL

Well, at least the Ultimate version now includes the two expansions.

The Senna is LHD only 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

IMG_4012.JPG

mmmmm ... green lotus .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Poor ETCG :( 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

mmmmm ... green lotus .... 

But wait, theres more

IMG_3947.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

@bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

But wait, theres more

IMG_3947.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

those things are awesome!
small, light, not so powerful ... and quite fast around a track .... you need one :P 

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

I want the miata on the left

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

those things are awesome!
small, light, not so powerful ... and quite fast around a track .... you need one :P 

I dont have £100k to spend and if I did I wouldnt spend it all on a lotus

9 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

The Senna is LHD only 

Ok, now I feel dumb.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, bimmerman said:

so....flurry of activity going on.

Was getting really bad pad knockback last event as Sonoma, suspected wheel bearings. That has since snowballed into wheel bearings replacement (marbles in tin can noises), rotor ring replacement, powersteering pump rebuild/hardware replacement, oil filter housing gasket replacement, idler and tensioner pulley...replacement, cam position sensor replacement, new wheel studs, and a few other miscellaneous odds and ends. The entire driver and underside of the engine was covered in powersteering+oil fluid gunk, and it appears to be leaking out of the pump nose + filter housing gasket area. Also, driveshaft flex disc needs replaced. Probably some other stuff too that I don't have in memory.

And on top of that, mods for the event also, assuming the get-unbroken maintenance stuff happens: yank the remaining AC system, install brake ducting, install air dam+splitter+canards, install wing, install higher flowing but still (hopefully) 90dB quiet exhaust.

All before tech inspection on Monday. Was up way too late doing the fluid system/gasket bullshit, which on an S54 engine means disassemble intake, belts, fan, alternator....all the shit.

I also ran out of wrenching fluid. Thinking a cider sampler pack this time.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand on top of that, the E350 tow vehicle's AC system blew up a few weeks ago and needed replacement before shop buddy borrows it today. So, new compressor, dryer, and lines. Finding Ford replacement parts suuuuuck when the vehicle is old. Way shittier than bmw in that regard-- parts we bought don't fit.

It's been a busy week.

Update:

-front splitter mounted using supplied mounts. still flexy. custom mounts built. still flexy. more mounting needed.

-canards installed. Canards: 2; Ankles -3

-drink beer to forget your ankle

-trunk holes drilled for wing, need some minor surgery to be able to tighten down fully

-wheel bearings replaced

-wheel studs replaced. double nut sucks

-drink beer to forget how much your back hurts

-leaky gaskets and pumps replaced/rebuilt

-brake ducts installed

-drink beer because goddamnit car

-AC removed

-fabricate entirely new radiator+oil cooler ducting, seal to bumper (hooray new sheet metal brake!)

To do:

-mount wing (tonight)

-stiffen splitter somehow

-swap exhaust

-drink cider

-driveshaft flex disc during exhaust

-brakleen the F out of the diff cover to monitor leaking

-swap rotor rings for new

-swap NT01s on

-load van with tools

-load trailer

-reserve dyno time

-sleep?

-drink beer

-wash car but nah who does that

Thursday until now has been rouuuuugh.

Nothing better than heading into work after spitting and throwing up blood all morning. Bills don't stop coming in just because I do though ?‍♂️

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Nothing better than heading into work after spitting and throwing up blood all morning. Bills don't stop coming in just because I do though ?‍♂️

Damn. Do you what it is?

Anyway, really hope you get well soon.