Jump to content

Snowbreak: containment Zone (steam) - stuck at 46fps and terrible frametimes?

kasdashd

The game "snowbreak: containment Zone on Steam is stuck at 46fps on my PC, with terrible frametimes in the graph of msi afterburner. 

 

Has anybody else experienced this, and is it a problem with my PC, or just poor optimization from the developers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

…is it a problem with my PC…

How do you expect people to answer that part if you don't tell us anything about your PC?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

How do you expect people to answer that part if you don't tell us anything about your PC?

Fair enough. Got a 5700x, rtx 3060, 64gb ddr4 3000mhz, 2tb gen 3 premium ssd, a gigabit fiber optic ethernet connection, and 1440p 240hz OLED monitor. Neither GPU, CPU, nor single core CPU usage is above 10% when I'm only getting the 46fps, so it must be poor optimization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Neither GPU, CPU, nor single core CPU usage is above 10% when I'm only getting the 46fps, so it must be poor optimization.

I would recommend to check with Intel's PresentMon. That sounds like a severe resource limitation somewhere.

 

Such low GPU usage would normally imply a severe CPU limit, but if CPU usage is equally low, it might be e.g. a limitation with RAM. Is it running at its rated speed and latency, are you sure it's running in dual channel? Of course it's always possible that it's some form of engine limitation, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions without ruling out anything else.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I would recommend to check with Intel's PresentMon. That sounds like a severe resource limitation somewhere.

 

Such low GPU usage would normally imply a severe CPU limit, but if CPU usage is equally low, it might be e.g. a limitation with RAM. Is it running at its rated speed and latency, are you sure it's running in dual channel? Of course it's always possible that it's some form of engine limitation, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions without ruling out anything else.

this is a mobile, ahem, "gatcha" game with like a gtx 650 minimal requirements... op must have some weird settings or mods.... impossible to say what they did, with the little to no information we got. 

 

I'd try it "for science", but no controller support means its probably unplayable lol...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×