Snowbreak: containment Zone (steam) - stuck at 46fps and terrible frametimes?

kasdashd

The game "snowbreak: containment Zone on Steam is stuck at 46fps on my PC, with terrible frametimes in the graph of msi afterburner. 

Has anybody else experienced this, and is it a problem with my PC, or just poor optimization from the developers?

2 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

…is it a problem with my PC…

How do you expect people to answer that part if you don't tell us anything about your PC?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

How do you expect people to answer that part if you don't tell us anything about your PC?

Fair enough. Got a 5700x, rtx 3060, 64gb ddr4 3000mhz, 2tb gen 3 premium ssd, a gigabit fiber optic ethernet connection, and 1440p 240hz OLED monitor. Neither GPU, CPU, nor single core CPU usage is above 10% when I'm only getting the 46fps, so it must be poor optimization.

10 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Neither GPU, CPU, nor single core CPU usage is above 10% when I'm only getting the 46fps, so it must be poor optimization.

I would recommend to check with Intel's PresentMon. That sounds like a severe resource limitation somewhere.

Such low GPU usage would normally imply a severe CPU limit, but if CPU usage is equally low, it might be e.g. a limitation with RAM. Is it running at its rated speed and latency, are you sure it's running in dual channel? Of course it's always possible that it's some form of engine limitation, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions without ruling out anything else.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I would recommend to check with Intel's PresentMon. That sounds like a severe resource limitation somewhere.

Such low GPU usage would normally imply a severe CPU limit, but if CPU usage is equally low, it might be e.g. a limitation with RAM. Is it running at its rated speed and latency, are you sure it's running in dual channel? Of course it's always possible that it's some form of engine limitation, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions without ruling out anything else.

this is a mobile, ahem, "gatcha" game with like a gtx 650 minimal requirements... op must have some weird settings or mods.... impossible to say what they did, with the little to no information we got. 

I'd try it "for science", but no controller support means its probably unplayable lol...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity