Which Graphics card is best for my setup?

Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

Whatever you can afford.

If you have the Money for a 4090, get that.

You can't have enough GPU Power and if you do, you can always give it more to do.

If you need a 4090? Maybe a 4070 ti Super is enough. Only you can tell.

What Games, what settings do you need at least, what fps-range are you aiming?

Do you want DLSS/Raytracing Performance? Then Nvidia only.
Only Rasterization? AMD is a good choice too.

Edit: No loss in Visual Quality = you want at least high settings. Ultra i would probably never recommend, because it often looks <1% better but reduces 30-40% fps.

You need to find a Sweetspot in the Settings (which Settings increase image quality at all, and which need or don't need alot of Performance).

If you want to make use if your 170 Hz = up to 170 fps to work with... you could need a RTX 5090. Or at least DLSS + FG.

1440p doesn't sound much, but if the GPU needs to deliver 150+ fps, that's HUGE.

And also, you should aim for a 7800X3D over any other Ryzen for Gaming and maximum fps.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 7900X
  • Motherboard
    MSI X670e MAG Tomohawk
  • RAM
    2x16GB Corsair vengeance rgb DDR5
  • Current GPU
    3060TI XLR8

Hi i am going to be soon upgrading my gpu and also case to a H9 flow

I have done a fair amount of research into these cards but have kinda got mixed up in it all and i was wondering if i should go for a 4070ti super, 4080 super or a ryzen 7900xtx. 
    Money is not too much of an issue however i obviously want to get the best bang for my buck and also am curious at what wattage power supply i would need for whatever gpu i end up going with
    many thanks.

i am going to be gaming at 1440p and would like the best frame rates for my 170hz monitor however i dont want to lose image quality at the same time

Whatever you can afford.

If you have the Money for a 4090, get that.

You can't have enough GPU Power and if you do, you can always give it more to do.

If you need a 4090? Maybe a 4070 ti Super is enough. Only you can tell.

What Games, what settings do you need at least, what fps-range are you aiming?

Do you want DLSS/Raytracing Performance? Then Nvidia only.
Only Rasterization? AMD is a good choice too.

Edit: No loss in Visual Quality = you want at least high settings. Ultra i would probably never recommend, because it often looks <1% better but reduces 30-40% fps.

You need to find a Sweetspot in the Settings (which Settings increase image quality at all, and which need or don't need alot of Performance).

If you want to make use if your 170 Hz = up to 170 fps to work with... you could need a RTX 5090. Or at least DLSS + FG.

1440p doesn't sound much, but if the GPU needs to deliver 150+ fps, that's HUGE.

And also, you should aim for a 7800X3D over any other Ryzen for Gaming and maximum fps.