Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Yeah, you peeps over in the EU have expensive gas.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

The best I can get for the budget I "have" are (both LPG fed) a Peugeot 206 GTI 2.0 (130ish hp), a Ford Puma 1.7 (125hp) , a Civic (115hp 1.5) and a Rover 200vi (1.8 145hp) :|

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/match284-167-3921-332.htm

1.5 civic with LPG ... you wanna spend like 3 euros per 100kms? xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

thats one reason i actually am planing on moving to USA 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, Mister2010 said:

1.5 civic with LPG ... you wanna spend like 3 euros per 100kms? xD 

That would be amazing xD

Too bad the D15 isn't as rev happy as the B16 :|

Just now, Mister2010 said:

That and the fact that you can't do much to your car... At least here in Portugal...It's either going to be UK, US or CA. Depends on job offers and such. We'll see.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

36 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

$6/gallon here

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i do like that audi @IKnight

Best road trip car eva 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, techswede said:

$6/gallon here

Ouch, the closest I paid to that amount was in Yosemite in California which was little over $5.  Darn, how the hell do you afford gas at all?

I know I had to deal for a bit of time in California with gas over $4.  I sure don't miss that part of California (pretty State, but expensive).

5 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

Yeah, our gas is cheap compare to EU.  I spent six years in California and that was expensive for my taste (cost of living was bad enough).  Come back to my home State of Alabama and I just laugh when people here complain about the gas price at a little over $2.  Then again, the average job pay is lower here so, I can see why they complain about it.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

So unfortunately I can't keep up with the cost of my Mazdaspeed... :(

I am NOT getting rid of it, I'm just taking it off of my insurance policy until I get a new job, so it's going to be sitting in my garage for a few months. But luckily my parents are giving me an '08 F-150, so I have that to drive around. Plus I don't need to purchase full coverage insurance, only liability (since the truck is paid off unlike my Mazda). Basically I went from paying the monthly payments of the car plus full coverage insurance and gas and maintenance to just liability insurance and gas and maintenance, which saves a LOT.

I like the truck but I'm thinking of trading it for something more economical and fun to drive, since I will be driving it every day. Plus I really want a manual transmission, for me it's a must in any of my cars.

What are your guys' opinions? Keep the truck which has a 4.2 V6 with a 4-speed auto (with overdrive) or trade someone on CL for something else? I was thinking of a Miata or maybe another MR2 or something. The only thing is that it needs to be as reliable as this truck otherwise my parents won't be okay with it (even though the truck is in my name and I will be paying for the insurance and gas and maintenance), as it was a gift from them trying to help me out.

Any ideas?

On 12/29/2017 at 2:02 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

E36 right? Sounds amazing :x

Yep, E36 4 door!

Now it should have about 100 more hp or 75 more kw.

7 hours ago, techswede said:

Screw you. And your no front license plate goodness. 

It really is soo nice... don’t have to have a plate ruining lines of your car

i think we can all agree front plates are useless. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I am NOT getting rid of it, I'm just taking it off of my insurance policy until I get a new job, so it's going to be sitting in my garage for a few months. But luckily my parents are giving me an '08 F-150, so I have that to drive around. Plus I don't need to purchase full coverage insurance, only liability (since the truck is paid off unlike my Mazda). Basically I went from paying the monthly payments of the car plus full coverage insurance and gas and maintenance to just liability insurance and gas and maintenance, which saves a LOT.

I like the truck but I'm thinking of trading it for something more economical and fun to drive, since I will be driving it every day. Plus I really want a manual transmission, for me it's a must in any of my cars.

What are your guys' opinions? Keep the truck which has a 4.2 V6 with a 4-speed auto (with overdrive) or trade someone on CL for something else? I was thinking of a Miata or maybe another MR2 or something. The only thing is that it needs to be as reliable as this truck otherwise my parents won't be okay with it (even though the truck is in my name and I will be paying for the insurance and gas and maintenance), as it was a gift from them trying to help me out.

Any ideas?

You have the practicality of the truck, but what trim was it? if it's a bse, maybe trade for something? i would suggest maybe old school manual 4runner? dead reliable, and they're still relatively comfortable, and cheap ish. And still practical, and very capable off road. If you get a 96-02 4runner, getting a loaded limited one with a manual is next to none.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

9 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Any ideas?

You can definitely try and trade it for something that suits your needs and is a manual. Not sure what you can get tho.

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

It really is soo nice... don’t have to have a plate ruining lines of your car

Come on, they don't ruin nothing /s

Ferrari-LaFerrari_JMP.jpg?ssl=1

35 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Come on, they don't ruin nothing /s

pfft

25594244_10155226481831958_8448105336384682227_n.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

13 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Ouch, the closest I paid to that amount was in Yosemite in California which was little over $5.  Darn, how the hell do you afford gas at all?

I know I had to deal for a bit of time in California with gas over $4.  I sure don't miss that part of California (pretty State, but expensive).

Yeah, our gas is cheap compare to EU.  I spent six years in California and that was expensive for my taste (cost of living was bad enough).  Come back to my home State of Alabama and I just laugh when people here complain about the gas price at a little over $2.  Then again, the average job pay is lower here so, I can see why they complain about it.

Average pay is higher. I'm still managing a 3.8 camaro. (Been glancing at 5.7 trucks but we'll see)

Still. Only four years 'til i move to the states

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

pfft

He'll have to put his plate back to be able to go on the road legally anyway :P

24 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

it either goes on the dashboard or is cable tied to the grille ?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

14 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Any ideas?

Stop living paycheck to paycheck.... smh

Spoiler

Have no time once again to be able to attend the SD international auto show this year. ?

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Well, not sure which State that person is in, but says under the avatar driving around in Louisiana.  That State is like Alabama where front plates are not required(most of the South East States only require one).  Still, can't see the back plate so not sure which State that vehicle has plates from.

main-qimg-cd072ca372aee0afae22481a348353

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Stop living paycheck to paycheck.... smh

lamborghinis

books

knawledge

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

@Killa Wallget in again lol. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.