Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

I genuinely like the Yugo. It was a Peoples car before the Golf (granted after the beetle). 

Most JDM sports cars that used to be praised for affordable power are either beat to all hell or overpriced by a lot. Which kinda defeats the point of them. 

The valient looks pretty damn nice. I can imagine running moonshine (or brännvin) in it. :P

I dig it too. Though i'd probably go for a Golf over a yugo since i know i'll find spares more easily.

$12500 for a 260z that looks like its been sitting unattended in the bowels of hell for six centuries.. Yeah fuck that.

I wouldn't mind just making it a b-road car. That turbocharged 318 might be pretty fun.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Hoooly crap. That's boost alright. I'd be petrified during every second of being on that bike. xD

Some people also supercharge them 

sc9712_xl+honda_valkyrie+front_right.jpe

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just received the worst news ever. I. GOT. FUCKING. FIRED. Apparently I was supposed to work yesterday, and I didn't even fucking know, and they told me I had to check in on Saturday night so I would know when I would work but they fucking NEVER TOLD ME THAT like that place was a shitshow to begin with anyway since they never even gave me hours in the first place. God, looks like I have to search for a fucking job again.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

In the quest to fix my civic's gross under-steer, I have come across this. What do you guys think, worth the buy? Ebay car parts have a bit of a reputation.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

I dig it too. Though i'd probably go for a Golf over a yugo since i know i'll find spares more easily.

$12500 for a 260z that looks like its been sitting unattended in the bowels of hell for six centuries.. Yeah fuck that.

I wouldn't mind just making it a b-road car. That turbocharged 318 might be pretty fun.

Id love a Golf mk2, either TDI or GTI. Red on White BBS wheels. 

The 260z is a money pit before you even put your hand on it. 

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Some people also supercharge them 

sc9712_xl+honda_valkyrie+front_right.jpe

I can only see that ending one way. Not good. xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, IKnight said:

Id love a Golf mk2, either TDI or GTI. Red on White BBS wheels. 

The 260z is a money pit before you even put your hand on it. 

I can only see that ending one way. Not good. xD

One acquaintance had a golf country with a diesel engine a while back. Smoked worse  than me on a bad day. GTI's are good though. 

I feel like i lost five grand by just looking at it. 

At least it has the cobra six to six exhaust. So it will sound like an old 911 before he fucks up.

Just now, techswede said:

One acquaintance had a golf country with a diesel engine a while back. Smoked worse  than me on a bad day. GTI's are good though. 

I feel like i lost five grand by just looking at it. 

At least it has the cobra six to six exhaust. So it will sound like an old 911 before he fucks up.

I have no doubt the diesel ones smoke like all hell, after the ones I've seen in the Balkans (imagine it straight piped xD). 

The GTIs were awesome, though no power steering... That thing could seriously build up your muscles. 

g60_synchro_1.jpg

Before it fucks up? 

I doubt that thing will run at all (judging by the Bondo or whatever that is). xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

I have no doubt the diesel ones smoke like all hell, after the ones I've seen in the Balkans (imagine it straight piped xD). 

The GTIs were awesome, though no power steering... That thing could seriously build up your muscles. 

g60_synchro_1.jpg

Before it fucks up? 

I doubt that thing will run at all (judging by the Bondo or whatever that is). xD

Once you get moving the lack of power steering is not too bad. 

Before the owner of the bike fucks up.

I think its just plain old rust. And possibly brown paint.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Once you get moving the lack of power steering is not too bad. 

Before the owner of the bike fucks up.

I think its just plain old rust. And possibly brown paint.

Ah noooow I get it. 

You want a nice Trabant? 

http://www.blocket.se/vi/76148708.htm

Or a lightly modded Volvo? :P

http://www.blocket.se/vi/75616423.htm

Just now, IKnight said:

Ah noooow I get it. 

You want a nice Trabant? 

http://www.blocket.se/vi/76148708.htm

Or a lightly modded Volvo? :P

http://www.blocket.se/vi/75616423.htm

If i lived in east germany and  i had the option of being shot or owning a trabant. Then yeah.. I'd go for the trabant. Otherwise no. Wartburg 353 all the way.

The second link takes me to the SKP-42. Which is a Scania :P

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

If i lived in east germany and  i had the option of being shot or owning a trabant. Then yeah.. I'd go for the trabant. Otherwise no. Wartburg 353 all the way.

The second link takes me to the SKP-42. Which is a Scania :P

There are worst things to drive in life than a Trabant. None that come to mind, but there must be xD

The second one was a joke about a Swedish army vehicle/tank being a Volvo. Wasn't familiar that it was a Scania though. 

I'm amazed this hasn't rusted into oblivion. :P

http://www.blocket.se/vi/76386617.htm

Just now, IKnight said:

There are worst things to drive in life than a Trabant. None that come to mind, but there must be xD

The second one was a joke about a Swedish army vehicle/tank being a Volvo. Wasn't familiar that it was a Scania though. 

I'm amazed this hasn't rusted into oblivion. :P

http://www.blocket.se/vi/76386617.htm

A WWI tank comes to mind. Other than that.. Not sure there is anything worse. 

Well you were close. The SKP-42 is a Scania. The VKP-42 is a Volvo. 

VKP - Volvo Karosseri Pansar SKP - Scania Karosseri Pansar. Swedes have no imagination when naming their military.. anythings. 

One of only 150ish left.. I hope it ends up with someone that takes care of it. 

Today, on my way home from school in front of me there was a 350z. Had huge tailpipes close together and low to the ground. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I wish I could have taken a picture but got all green lights.

Similar to this:

350z-exhaust-770.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

A WWI tank comes to mind. Other than that.. Not sure there is anything worse. 

Well you were close. The SKP-42 is a Scania. The VKP-42 is a Volvo. 

VKP - Volvo Karosseri Pansar SKP - Scania Karosseri Pansar. Swedes have no imagination when naming their military.. anythings. 

One of only 150ish left.. I hope it ends up with someone that takes care of it. 

Wow, creative. Were/are SKP/VKP somehow tied together in terms of what vehicles they produce(d), or competition? 

Edit: I believe it's time for me to 'hit the hey'. See y'all. 

Just now, IKnight said:

Wow, creative. Were/ate SKP/VKP somehow tied together in terms of what vehicles they produce(d), or competition? 

They just told both companies to build some. Volvo made 100. scania made 300. 

I mean we have the STRV 122. STRV stands for stridsvagn. Its literally Tank 122. 

The glock 17 variant they carry has a very imaginative name. Pistol 88. 

This then. What kind of awesome name have they given this vehicle?

1920px-Bandvagn_206_Revinge_2015-1.jpg

This is the BV 206. BV stands for Bandvagn. Lit. Tracked wagon. 

If its a PBV its an Armored tracked wagon. 

They could learn a thing or two from the brits. 

Challenger! Wolfhound! WARRIOR! 

TITAN!

1 minute ago, techswede said:

TITAN Xp RGB!

fixed

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

We're fan boys of good customer service

Agree. Plus, they will honor the warranty on used EVGA cards bought 2nd hand.  Even if the card dies from folding (I know, I had an OG Titan die that way).

Anyway, finally finish switching out the front speakers on the truck.

IMG_20171106_174348283.thumb.jpg.5e0b24c968fb5a5fa19d30e0239aa9a6.jpg

Tomorrow, the back speakers will be switched out.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

25 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Today, on my way home from school in front of me there was a 350z. Had huge tailpipes close together and low to the ground. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I wish I could have taken a picture but got all green lights.

Similar to this:

350z-exhaust-770.jpg

OK 'scuse my autism, but what's with the little mini-muffler looking dudes camping out with the big boys? No am muy bueno with this type of exhaust dealio.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

25 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Do you not have an onlin schedule?

My manager told me no, you'd have to come in or call in to see when I work, but I look on my fucking employee website, it's there in fucking print. But I feel like it doesn't update often, so maybe there's a point. Still fucking stupid if she told me that. I might hire a wrongful termination lawyer, but i really doubt they'd help teenagers like me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

29 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

OK 'scuse my autism, but what's with the little mini-muffler looking dudes camping out with the big boys? No am muy bueno with this type of exhaust dealio.

its a hemholtz chamber, basically sound engineering, cancels out certain frequencies depending on size and location.  typically used to reduce/eliminate drone

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

@TVwazhere Finally got my stripes!! 

The ST came out with these as a standard option back home and just wasn't used to seeing one without them. 

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.9cdca50af0314fa9f7c38eed6070171f.JPGIMG_0013.thumb.JPG.9f016037775070ef57f09f6e036ea826.JPG

Really happy with how it Turned out. 

Also got another present in the mail today, Perfect timing for my Track events this weekend. 

Next up going to Crack open the Headlights and do some Blacking out, want them to look that little bit unique. 

IMG_0010.JPG

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

its a hemholtz chamber, basically sound engineering, cancels out certain frequencies depending on size and location.  typically used to reduce/eliminate drone

Oddly neato.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

They're a resonator of sorts kinda

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

Just received the worst news ever. I. GOT. FUCKING. FIRED. Apparently I was supposed to work yesterday, and I didn't even fucking know, and they told me I had to check in on Saturday night so I would know when I would work but they fucking NEVER TOLD ME THAT like that place was a shitshow to begin with anyway since they never even gave me hours in the first place. God, looks like I have to search for a fucking job again.

F

Your workplace wasn't the brightest.

11 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Similar to this:

That reminds me, met the nicest and smartest 350Z driver ever on Saturday. Guy was slowly passing me like normal, I put on my turn signal because of the slow truck in front of me and the 350Z driver gassed it so I could move over without slowing down.

Why can't more people be like that?