Posted (edited)

Hello!

Recently built a pc.

Spec: Gigabyte b650 x gaming ax rev 1.1

32gb ddr5 Kingston 5200mhz

ryzen 5 7600

750W Corsair PSU

1tb m.2 SSD

I have used it for about 1 month and had no issues with it at all. However gaming wasn't really optimal so I installed an GTX 1080 that I had laying around which i've used for another rig with no problems.

However the GPU/Mobo seems to have some kind compatibility issue and i'm at loss for what to do.

When I start the PC up with the cable plugged in the DRAM is lit up and I can hear from my headphones that windows is booting. I can also login which is indicated by the numlock lighting up.

However no display, not even bios.

I got the display workign by forcing the drivers in by using the Onboard graphics and then installing the drivers using Nvcleanstall which worked great.

I could happily play games with no problems at all. A day later I noticed that windows and programs started freezing and acting weird. So I tried reinstalling the drivers with the monitor plugged in to the GPU and it most likely only uninstalled my drivers so I am once again at step 1.

The onboard graphics still works without any problem but the GPU just doesn't want to work which I found really weird. 

My best solution atm is to try reinstalling the driver with the monitor plugged in to the motherboard again. But the problem with windows and programs freezing will most likely occur again. 

Has anyone had issues with dedicated graphics card and ryzen 7000?

What i've tried is to start up with only 1 ram

Switching the ram to check both.

Reset CMOS.

Changed PCIE to gen 3 

And none has worked so that's why i'm turning to the experts with a hope for solution. I am also running the latest bios "F24C". 

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Edited by zeusking
Typo in specs, accidentally wrote ddr4 not ddr5

1 hour ago, zeusking said:

Hello!

Recently built a pc.

Spec: Gigabyte b650 x gaming ax rev 1.1

32gb ddr5 Kingston 5200mhz

ryzen 5 7600

750W Corsair PSU

1tb m.2 SSD

I have used it for about 1 month and had no issues with it at all. However gaming wasn't really optimal so I installed an GTX 1080 that I had laying around which i've used for another rig with no problems.

However the GPU/Mobo seems to have some kind compatibility issue and i'm at loss for what to do.

When I start the PC up with the cable plugged in the DRAM is lit up and I can hear from my headphones that windows is booting. I can also login which is indicated by the numlock lighting up.

However no display, not even bios.

I got the display workign by forcing the drivers in by using the Onboard graphics and then installing the drivers using Nvcleanstall which worked great.

I could happily play games with no problems at all. A day later I noticed that windows and programs started freezing and acting weird. So I tried reinstalling the drivers with the monitor plugged in to the GPU and it most likely only uninstalled my drivers so I am once again at step 1.

The onboard graphics still works without any problem but the GPU just doesn't want to work which I found really weird. 

My best solution atm is to try reinstalling the driver with the monitor plugged in to the motherboard again. But the problem with windows and programs freezing will most likely occur again. 

Has anyone had issues with dedicated graphics card and ryzen 7000?

What i've tried is to start up with only 1 ram

Switching the ram to check both.

Reset CMOS.

Changed PCIE to gen 3 

And none has worked so that's why i'm turning to the experts with a hope for solution. I am also running the latest bios "F24C". 

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

At first it looks like the old 1080 is dying...

Does it work well on another PC ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Ooof, yeah, I'm with PD, sounds like a dying GPU.
Can you boot with the card in, note the time, shut down, boot with iGPU and see if there is anything around when you booted in Event Viewer? You can ignore the "unclean shutdown" event
Also, if you install some sort of remote desktop client (chrome remote desktop is free, easy, and effective), boot with the card, then remote in, go to device manager > gpu > properties, see if you can see the card? If so, does it say something about "code 43"?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Like the others have mentioned, a dying GPU is a possibility.

Something else to try is to DDU the AMD drivers in Safe Mode, disable the iGPU in the BIOS and change it from Auto to use the graphics card for display, then try booting with the cable run through the GPU.

There's a small chance that the AMD drivers and iGPU are interfering with the drivers for the dedicated card. I don't give it very good odds, but it's something else you can try.

I was thinking so too but it was working fine with an older rig. Had no problems and was using it about a month ago.

I got it working pretty well now after rollbacking motherboard bios. Now windows and everthing is running fine. So I think it's pretty safe to rule out dying GPU.

Still got the problem with bios not coming up with my GTX 1080 and don't have any other GPU to test with so I can't really rule out if it's incompatibility issue with the GPU/MOBO or not.

Also no errors and can't really see anything standing out in the logs.

So I guess the problem is half solved!

Would appreciate any other guidance!

Thank you guys so far!