Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

nah bags are better if you dont wanna shred your front bumpers on driveways.

M8

kw_35225443_001_640_19.jpg

apls_coilovers_9f20163e-a71f-4fdc-8850-a

Coilovers with hydraulic/pneumatic lift are da best

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

40 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

M8

kw_35225443_001_640_19.jpg

apls_coilovers_9f20163e-a71f-4fdc-8850-a

Coilovers with hydraulic/pneumatic lift are da best

i still prefer airbags because that vent noise and the fact i can probably get much lower/higher than with coils

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@Maybach123

In other news

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

40 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i still prefer airbags because that vent noise and the fact i can probably get much lower/higher than with coils

this is on coilovers

its even lower now

21270889_1366669210117610_8352367311246864113_n.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 hours ago, NinJake said:

Yeah buddy, PSO is probably still ranked my #1 game of all time. For single-player and multiplayer experiences. I own 2 copies for gamecube, 1 for the original xbox and my old pc has PSO:BB installed on it. Have you ever tried PSO2? Sadly it hasn't released in the west but my friend found a way to play on the japan servers and there's a few english patches, however it still isn't as good as old school PSO to me :D

Nope, I have not touched PSO2 considering the pain in the butt to go through to play it from the States.  Also, by my understanding it no where near the fun of PSO ep.1 and 2.

You can still play PSO:BB on the PC since some individuals found a way to reverse engineer Sega's online server code.  So, there a few sites out there that host servers for the game (even for the Gamecube version to boot).

Been a while since I fired up that game.  Last time I checked I have one character that has around a total of 8,000 hours.  That just on Gamecube, not counting I played since the Dreamcast, Xbox, and PC versions of that game.  (Sole reason I bought a launch day Gamecube back then)

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Welp. The end is nigh fam

screencapture-justice-gov-bc-ca-cso-payment-payment-do-1512180009714.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, Speedyv said:

2018 V8  Vantage: 

2018-Aston-Martin-Vantage-x00.jpg

500 hp around 150k, I think it beats all of the competition around its price. 

Does it though? 

I mean there is a z06 corvette for $80k which is a great car. Not luxurious or beautiful like an Aston. But a great car

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd rather have thr z06

But the sqeaky glassfiber body though....

In my eyes the Aston is a winner.

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd rather have thr z06

The interior of the Aston is leagues better, and thats before you get to all the individual digital displays. The Z06 is a great car for the value but driving dynamics and overheating reliability aside, there's no beating an AMG warranty.

From 6 minutes in:

ltt1.png

ltt2.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Does it though? 

I mean there is a z06 corvette for $80k which is a great car. Not luxurious or beautiful like an Aston. But a great car

The bold explains a lot of the difference in price, and since Aston poached Matt Becker from Lotus (their chassis guru) the Aston will probably out handle the Z06 too.

@MEC-777 It looks good but its too... naked. Also Ericsson is still driving next year ffs. Gio is their reserve but will do 6 FP1 sessions between Ferrari and Sauber.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

The bold explains a lot of the difference in price, and since Aston poached Matt Becker from Lotus (their chassis guru) the Aston will probably out handle the Z06 too.

yeah but z06 has a manual option. you can never do that in an aston anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

24 minutes ago, terrytek said:

So? Who wants a luxury car with an auto ??

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

That is SEXY! (Btw, sorry for not removing the video but my iPhone wont allow med to...)

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Does it though? 

That's like the difference between Taco Bell and a nice restaurant. They'll both fill you up but they're not really even competing with each other. The Aston is a more special car than a Corvette. 

System: Thinkpad T460

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well this is news to me

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

It is a shame there will be no more manuals from Aston, but I'd question how well suited to the new Vantage a manual would be. It's a relatively heavy car and it's steering will be devoid of feel, because almost all modern cars have numb steering, so it's pure driver's car credentials are off to a shakey start, it's certainly no Lotus Elise. The market for highend manuals is pretty small, and Mercedes don't offer a manual box with the V8, so Aston would need a bespoke solution for maybe 5% of their potential market?

40 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Porsche brought back the manual option for the GT3 didn't they?

Yes the 991.2 cars get the gearbox from the 911R

Also @bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

So? Who wants a luxury car with an auto ??

Crazy idea right? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Crazy idea right? 

Makes about as much sense as getting an automatic gt86/mx5

Takes a special kind of snowflake to get either of those

29 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Makes about as much sense as getting an automatic gt86/mx5

Takes a special kind of snowflake to get either of those

Yeah like one of my friends/coworkers lol

but I mean he’s not a crazy car guy sooooo that’s why those exist. For the non car people who just want to look like one lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1