Konami charges extra for additional save game

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

C) a financial match that should be extinguished before it leads to a brush fire. 

lol, I laugh at that while secretly having paid for in game currency in some games before >.<

26 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I want to say some angry comment, but what's $10 anyway? If Nintendo let me do another save on Pokemon for $10 I'd bite since 1 fast food run is far more expensive. Then we have WoW that charges $10 for stuff like name change which in a way can feel kind of like a new save. 

I think with MGS:Survive being a $60 game you should get at least 2-3 save slots instead of being limited,this is worse than EA as Leadeater said.  Some Steam reviews say Survive is a grindy game,an extra save could be important to have for some players.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

lol, I laugh at that while secretly having paid for in game currency in some games before >.<

I have as well, but I would love for Game Freak to give me a damn 2nd slot for $5 instead of having to buy a 2nd cartridge (I end up buying all three or two versions). Same with some of the Dragon Quest games. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

im not sure what this game is really about, like are there different playstyles that require more slots?

you dont really need more saveslots in pokemon when its all about collecting and trading them.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

I think with MGS:Survive being a $60 game you should get at least 2-3 save slots instead of being limited,this is worse than EA as Leadeater said.

I still nominate EA's Battlefront II for being worse than this. Seriously, did anyone buy the game just to play as a Storm Trooper for 100 hours before getting a hero? 

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Some Steam reviews say Survive is a grindy game,an extra save could be important to have for some players.

I feel like reviewers are embracing their inner "instant gratification" engine (known by the developers as the Pussy-ass Bitch 2.0.18). Games, MUCH shorter games, used to require 100s of hours of game-time just leveling up before being able to progress, i.e. Final Fantasy 3 or Dragon Quest, while today's games can be walked through like nothing, i.e. Fallout 3 on "hard". 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

What's next, paying extra for the game to work at all? Oh, wait..

At least this means the return of FucKonami news to the Jimquisition

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

29 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I think with MGS:Survive being a $60 game you should get at least 2-3 save slots instead of being limited,this is worse than EA as Leadeater said.  Some Steam reviews say Survive is a grindy game,an extra save could be important to have for some players.

I'm also a WoW player and if you wanna skip the grindy bit to hit new content, a character boost is $60 -- more than the base game. Still feel people are making a bigger deal over $10 than necessary.

To everyone being all hurr durr super mad, think of the last $10 you dropped on something that you consumed in a day now think of it from the perspective of that same $10 being used towards something with a higher shelf life. Not condoning this at all, but this level of mad is Twitter tier.

26 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'm also a WoW player and if you wanna skip the grindy bit to hit new content, a character boost is $60 -- more than the base game. Still feel people are making a bigger deal over $10 than necessary.

To everyone being all hurr durr super mad, think of the last $10 you dropped on something that you consumed in a day now think of it from the perspective of that same $10 being used towards something with a higher shelf life. Not condoning this at all, but this level of mad is Twitter tier.

It's not actually about it being $10, it's about having to pay for something so utterly arbitrary that unlike an MMO does not require any extra server resources or storage to hold that save game information. It's also about making sure the next 1000 games do not have such crap either otherwise 10 x 1000 = a big ass number. 

13 minutes ago, leadeater said:

It's not actually about it being $10, it's about having to pay for something so utterly arbitrary that unlike an MMO does not require any extra server resources or storage to hold that save game information. It's also about making sure the next 1000 games do not have such crap either otherwise 10 x 1000 = a big ass number. 

Truuuuue. Suppose it's my perspective with the games I play and for not really being much of a Konami fan to see a loss.

Wolfenstein3D had 9 save slots. By the time I got a 486, most games had unlimited saves (many simply didn't have "slots" any more, you'd just pick a file name through the windows file explorer dialogue, e.g. Civilization II).

I can't decide whether this kind of technological regression is sad or hilarious.

Guys.... Don't you understand? The game is called survive. You're supposed to survive without saving the game. 

/s

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The only games where I would consider a single save file to be acceptable are on games like Undertale where it's literally a central point of the gameplay.

People are using Pokemon as an example, but that was the biggest things that pissed me off about the pokemon games. The inability to go back and play through the story without losing all your progress.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon, Breath of the Wild, these three games we're all amazing but lost me once I finished a playthrough since I couldn't go back and play them again without deleting anything.

If you're worried about user retention (which you *should* be if you're building a game for MTX) then having one save file is an asinine idea. You have two, and then you charge money to grow out from there...

That would also be a jackass move, but at least it would be a jackass move that makes sense for user retention.

This comes as no surprise. I mean Fuck Konami News is a weekly show for a reason.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

13 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Come on we all know what's going to eventually happen with Konami: They'll just integrate a slot machine system into their games as DLC

Instead of the loot box it will be the pachinko machine DLC.

At this rate it seems like they're trying to out-EA, EA.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 years from now: 

chapter 1: 15$

chapter 1-2 cutting scene : 5$

chapter 2: 20$ (if you purchase chapter 1 and chapter 2, you can get it for 18.99)

chapter 2-3 cut scene: 5$

chapter 3: 20$ 

chapter 3 - 4 cut scene : 10$ (cos this cut scene is longer)

final chapter : 30$ 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

In defense of Konami, video games are more expensive to produce than ever and they have to make their money back somehow. It's just a shame that they use the cheesy micro-transaction model. Perhaps charging $150~$200 (it's very easy to spend that sum on F2P games or games with micro-transactions over the course of several years) for a game instead would be a hard sell. 

So yeah, that seems to be the trend. You pay little or nothing upfront and dump loads of cash later. 

54 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

10 years from now: 

chapter 1: 15$

chapter 1-2 cutting scene : 5$

chapter 2: 20$ (if you purchase chapter 1 and chapter 2, you can get it for 18.99)

chapter 2-3 cut scene: 5$

chapter 3: 20$ 

chapter 3 - 4 cut scene : 10$ (cos this cut scene is longer)

final chapter : 30$ 

episodic games already exist.

Just now, apm said:

episodic games already exist.

yeah... i know... but just saying.. they gonna make us pay for the cut scenes as well.... 

or pay for different character unlocks...

GTA VII . michael: 30USD

trevor 30USD

franklin 30 USD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

13 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

If that were the case, I wonder what somebody with a used copy of the game would have to do to play since the key has already been used.

Maybe there's an option to revoke the game key associated with the original account. Although there might be an issue with that if that's the case:

Let's say you bought a physical copy off me. I've already used the game key and tied it to my account. I should be allowed to revoke access and allow you to use that key. But that effectively stops konami from a legitimate sale. You could then sell the disk to someone else, revoke your account so and so forth.

Other way: The CD has a key for one account to access the game. If you sell that disk to someone else, they have to buy a new game key. Even if all the game data was on the disk, you'd still have to buy a key to access it. Similar with GTA V, you can "acquire" the game files, buy a key and then it's ready to go. In this case the game files are on the disk.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

13 hours ago, Tsuki said:

im well aware of how korean mmos are, i play BDO lol  

i dont see this as cancerous.  like i said, in many single player games, you would have to delete your save to start over anyways. nobody has ever had a problem with that before. if they take out the option to buy a new save, then the issue completely goes away. this gives you an option that you normally would not have.

just think pokemon, you only get one save file. you want to start over, delete your save. would you pay 10 bucks to get an additional save in pokemon? fuck yeah you would. you'd pay 20, get 2 additional saves, and have a save for each starter.

this is an additional option that you normally would not have had. the only problem is that you have to pay for it. dont like it? dont pay for it and just delete your save like you normally would.

I really don't know what kind of Single Player games you like to play, but I extensively play single player games, and this is almost NEVER a limitation.

In fact, I can only think of a few examples, out of literally over a 100 single player steam games, that has any sort of restriction or limitation on Saving. And in those very few extreme minority examples, it's usually a core gameplay mechanic (Eg: FTL).

Hell, even Survivor type games like Don't Starve allow multiple game slots, to allow you to play different playthrough's.

I understand your point, but for many people this is a big deal.

10 hours ago, leadeater said:

Not being a MMO player and someone who almost exclusively plays single player games this is a HUGE deal to me, I can barely think of anything worse other than the game itself being bad.

Imagine if you had to pay for extra save slots in something like Skyrim xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

In defense of Konami, video games are more expensive to produce than ever and they have to make their money back somehow.

That seems to be quite debatable. There are plenty of examples out there of games that are capable of being successful without using shameful practices or even charging the standard full price for a game. One example is Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which has proven that a $30 game can have a campaign as lengthy and of the same high standards as we have come to expect from the big budget games. The problem seems to be that publishers want games to be more and more profitable every year or rather, they want to make more money for doing less every year.

These might interest you.

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

I think that might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in terms of paywalling features in games.

15 hours ago, Tsuki said:

im gonna be totally honest.  i dont see the problem.  most many single player games only have 1-3 save slots. if you want to start over, you delete it, and start over.  and looking at multiplayer games, paying 10 bucks for a new character slot isnt overly egregious, its pretty much standard.

if the game didnt give you the option to buy a new save slot, nobody would give a shit about having to delete the character to start over.

edit: edited cuz ashleyashes makes a fair point

Why does that limit even exist anymore though?
This isn't the days where we only had 1MB of save memory, and one save is 256KB. We have HDDs that can literally hold 20,000 game saves. I'd wager that 99% of game save files are under 50MB. - Heck my largest Skyrim and Fallout 4 save files are under 20MB.
Im pretty sure on PC with this game you could find the save file, and move it to another folder, and be able to start a new character. So I have to ask: Why are they making you pay for this?