Konami charges extra for additional save game

This is normally a "feature" of always online games, where your save is in the cloud and accessible from anywhere. Is that the case for this game ? If not, scummy move from Konami, as usual.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

im gonna be totally honest.  i dont see the problem.  most single player games in history only have 1-3 save slots. if you want to start over, you delete it, and start over.  and looking at multiplayer games, paying 10 bucks for a new character slot isnt overly egregious, its pretty much standard.

if the game didnt give you the option to buy a new save slot, nobody would give a shit about having to delete the character to start over.

That's kind of the issue, its already cancerous with those free to play online games and now its also hitting the buy to play market.

This already happens in Asia like china and korea, and let me tell you, i tried it once and its a cash grab every step you play. Literally smashed into your face and stuffed down your throat. Even World of Warcraft in asia charges you by the "HOUR" not monthly, that's how bad these sort of practices are. 

Its one thing to pick and pay what you like, this is just dirty and downright horrendous for the gaming industry. 

I don't even play games much anymore and still get turned off by these types of news. 

I think it is absolutely ridiculous some people brush this off by saying you don't need more than 1 game save. I mean who cares if you need more than one save. If I am playing 60 bucks for a game I should be able to save as many times as i want and not have to pay for the ability to save more than once. Next thing you know they start charging extra for features in games like subtitles. 

Can't wait to see the next episode of "fuck Konami news".

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

26 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

That's kind of the issue, its already cancerous with those free to play online games and now its also hitting the buy to play market.

This already happens in Asia like china and korea, and let me tell you, i tried it once and its a cash grab every step you play. Literally smashed into your face and stuffed down your throat. Even World of Warcraft in asia charges you by the "HOUR" not monthly, that's how bad these sort of practices are. 

Its one thing to pick and pay what you like, this is just dirty and downright horrendous for the gaming industry. 

I don't even play games much anymore and still get turned off by these types of news. 

im well aware of how korean mmos are, i play BDO lol  

i dont see this as cancerous.  like i said, in many single player games, you would have to delete your save to start over anyways. nobody has ever had a problem with that before. if they take out the option to buy a new save, then the issue completely goes away. this gives you an option that you normally would not have.

just think pokemon, you only get one save file. you want to start over, delete your save. would you pay 10 bucks to get an additional save in pokemon? fuck yeah you would. you'd pay 20, get 2 additional saves, and have a save for each starter.

this is an additional option that you normally would not have had. the only problem is that you have to pay for it. dont like it? dont pay for it and just delete your save like you normally would.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

st think pokemon, you only get one save file. you want to start over, delete your save. would you pay 10 bucks to get an additional save in pokemon? fuck yeah you would. you'd pay 20, get 2 additional saves, and have a save for each starter.

Or buy 3 copies.

$180.

Yeah a total of $80 is catastrophically worse. /s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Nice! Soon we will be able to get the main menu through a loot box reward :D 

Soon we will be able to get to the loot box reward menu through a DLC to unlock the main menu with a loot box. 

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

im gonna be totally honest.  i dont see the problem.  most single player games in history only have 1-3 save slots. if you want to start over, you delete it, and start over.  and looking at multiplayer games, paying 10 bucks for a new character slot isnt overly egregious, its pretty much standard.

if the game didnt give you the option to buy a new save slot, nobody would give a shit about having to delete the character to start over.

Not the games I played, even PS1 memory cards supported way more than 3. Most of my single player games on both PC and PS1/2/3/4 I fill up the maximum allowed save slots as I go, just something I do.

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

Well there's your problem, you are one of the source pushing these companies to get away with these practices.

3 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Well there's your problem, you are one of the source pushing these companies to get away with these practices.

It deeply saddens me to see people excusing these practices. I'd sit here and debunk why it's stupid to be okay with this, but if you have a brain it should be obvious so I won't bother. Instead I'll just shake my head in disappointment and move on.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

most single player games in history only have 1-3 save slots.

That's not actually true.  I mean, I'm certian that you can demonstrate EXAMPLES of single player games with 3 or less save slots, sure, but that's for sure not the majority.

Konam has done this same thing since MGS4,  in the MG online game if you wanted to have more than 1 character, you had to purchase extra save slots.

In MGS5, they did the same for extra bases, you are given one base to build, and if you want another base to increase your resources you had to buy new spots for those bases.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I almost don't have words for this.  This is actually worse than what EA did with battlefront imo.  That affected in game items but this affects the actual "structure" (sorry idek what to call it) of the game itself.  Next there'll be a $5 addon to let you choose a custom installation location. -_-

Don't give them ideas xD 

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

That's not actually true.  I mean, I'm certian that you can demonstrate EXAMPLES of single player games with 3 or less save slots, sure, but that's for sure not the majority.

And the pokemon example started off originally as a hardware limitation of the gameboy

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

that fair, and ill change that in my post. its definitely not most.  but there are a good portion that are like that.

and while the situation is certainly not ideal, its nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.  its not loot boxes/gambling, its not p2w.

as somebody who comes from primarily playing mmo's  and despises these kinds of practices in them,  this is a commonplace, and is not nearly as egregious as other practices. 

i just firmly believe that if you make as big of a deal out small things as you would actually serious things, then it kinda hurts your argument and people stop giving a shit.

@leadeater started out that way yes, but it hasnt been a real hardware limitation since 2006 when the DS came out.  thats now 12 years of only one save slot when it doesnt NEED to be. its officially been not a hardware limitation longer than it was one.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

22 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

@leadeater started out that way yes, but it hasnt been a real hardware limitation since 2006 when the DS came out.  thats now 12 years of only one save slot when it doesnt NEED to be. its officially been not a hardware limitation longer than it was one.

Had it not been a limitation to begin with do you think only one save slot would have been implemented? Would you say it's more likely the continuation of only a single save slot is the preservation of the game character?

Only one save slot is rare not common and almost always started out as a limitation not a game design choice.

24 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

i just firmly believe that if you make as big of a deal out small things as you would actually serious things, then it kinda hurts your argument and people stop giving a shit.

Not being a MMO player and someone who almost exclusively plays single player games this is a HUGE deal to me, I can barely think of anything worse other than the game itself being bad.

I want to say some angry comment, but what's $10 anyway? If Nintendo let me do another save on Pokemon for $10 I'd bite since 1 fast food run is far more expensive. Then we have WoW that charges $10 for stuff like name change which in a way can feel kind of like a new save. 

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not being a MMO player and someone who almost exclusively plays single player games this is a HUGE deal to me, I can barely think of anything worse other than the game itself being bad.

could be worse, could have the game designed around needing to purchase lootboxes in order to progress the story due to a difficulty curve (Shadow of War). it could the developers blatently lying about how much content was in the game, including core features that sold the game but never made it in(No Mans Sky), the degradation of quality post release(Andromeda, Watch Dogs), game ports that never get fixed(arkham knight), microtransations and dlc out the ass(train simulator, the sims, payday).

all of these are worse than a bad game, and in every single one of these events, people blew the fuck up, then forgot about it a week later. to what end? pick your battles, and pick ones that actually matter.

|Specs in profile|

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

pick ones that actually matter.

Well this one does to me ;)

FYI most of my games have more than 30 saves with the highest one being 300 saves.

Edit:

Plus all the examples you just mentioned all come under "a bad game".

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Well this one does to me ;)

thats fair :)

im just expressing my personal opinion.  and i do understand yours, i just have a different perspective. 

im glad we can have open and honest discussions about this kinda stuff though!

Edit:

Edit:

Plus all the examples you just mentioned all come under "a bad game".

but none of them were bad games because of the reasons i listed, they were bad for other reasons. in fact, several of them i would consider good games(although people do disagree with me on that).

|Specs in profile|

Note: I've been enjoying MG:Survive quite a bit since it has released. #Biased

Honestly, I can't think of any reason why this would be an issue since Steam Family allows you to share games (not saves) with others. I only see this as an issue for A) those who play multiple character archetypes (if there are any), B) those who want to dedicate a slot to a co-op experience, and C) a financial match that should be extinguished before it leads to a brush fire. 

I really wish laws didn't protect IPs that were being pummeled into the dirt. I'm glad Kojima founded another studio and really hope that he can create something along the lines of Metal Gear Solid's stealth and action. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers