Coffee Lake Motherboards Spotted From ASRock

So the latest generation of Intel's processors called Covfefe, oh excuse me Coffee Lake, will be coming out and we have some pictures of the new motherboards needed to run them. Unfortunately no new info apart from these pictures and a rumor that the Coffee Lake platform might be coming out October 5th.

Photos of a series ASRock Z370 motherboards for Intel Coffee Lake processors have leaked on-line. Coffee lake is the 8th gen Desktop processor series that will support up-to 6 core processors.

Over at VideoCardz the photos of six no less than Z370 motherboards have been published. The lineup from ASRock includes Taichi, Extreme4 and Killer SLI/ac. The more budget-oriented Pro4 comes in ATX and MicroATX form factor. The last motherboard is the first Mini-ITX Z370 motherboard.

It is indicated that October 5th the platform would become available. 

Pictures:

The Z370M-ITX/ac

ifIDtkl.jpg

The Z370M Pro4

lpPR5ke.jpg

The Z370 Taichi

Ui9s9Yv.jpg

The Z370 Pro4

3fgx8lp.jpg

The Z370 Extreme 4

K0pfTNb.jpg

The Z370 Killer SLI

bICoyg9.jpg

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asrock-z370-motherboards-for-intel-coffee-lake-cpus-surface.html

and https://videocardz.com/72416/exclusive-asrock-z370-motherboards

OH DAMN THEY LOOK LIKE MOTHERBOARDS! SWEEEEET!

/s

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So the Extreme 4 has a box art of a failed satellite plummeting towards Earth?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I really like the Extreme 4. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Waiting to see if the Z370 OC Forumla  is yellow again. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Z370? Really? Could both Intel stop being wankers and name their chipsets that close to AMD? It wasn't exactly brilliant when AMD went with x370 either, but now it's just total confusion.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Asrock really deserves more attention. Their boards just keep getting better

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Z370? Really? Could both Intel stop being wankers and name their chipsets that close to AMD? It wasn't exactly brilliant when AMD went with x370 either, but now it's just total confusion.

Well AMD is to blame here, since AMD are the ones that stole Intel's naming scheme.

1 minute ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Well AMD is to blame here, since AMD are the ones that stole Intel's naming scheme.

Our almighty savior, AMD, is never at fault. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How will people get confused with X and Z ? Didn't you learn the alphabet ? A whole Y is missing >.>

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

59 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Waiting to see if the Z370 OC Forumla  is yellow again. 

Apparently, the trend is "all motherboards be gray, because RGB LEDs make all the color you need" (which of course doesn't). Time will tell.

i dont want to buy no zee/zed shit, its the last letter of the alphabet, just pathetic.

on the other hand x sounds tottaly cool and sexy with ex/eex, like the lo-key powerhouse it is

7 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Not on the X chipsets. Intel jumped from X99 to X299, which makes no sense. I mean since Intel makes a new chipset every time they rebrand the same CPU, they probably went through 3 numbers after AMD made their number. 

After all, Intel went from z97 to z370 in 3½ years.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Apparently, the trend is "all motherboards be gray, because RGB LEDs make all the color you need" (which of course doesn't). Time will tell.

Grey is my favorite color but the Yellow and Giga Orange boards from the past are way cooler than RGB. Having board components actually colored is baller, a tiny lightbulb isn't.

11 minutes ago, Notional said:

Not on the X chipsets. Intel jumped from X99 to X299, which makes no sense. I mean since Intel makes a new chipset every time they rebrand the same CPU, they probably went through 3 numbers after AMD made their number. 

After all, Intel went from z97 to z370 in 3½ years.

X299 makes sense if they wanted to make SKx/KBx sound comparable to KBs as both would be on the 200 series chipset. 

So you're saying that Z170, Z270, and Z370 aren't natural progressions of Z97? Of course they were going to go down that route and AMD knew that. AMD clearly chose their naming scheme to be similar to Intel's. 

And even still, even if A320/B350/X370 was chosen three years ago, boards weren't made until less than a year ago and Ryzen didn't launch until 8 months ago, so AMD could easily have changed the nomenclature seeing that Intel had already released _270 in order to avoid confusion. They chose not to because they thought it would be advantageous to stick with a system that people are familiar with. Of course, Intel could have responded and changed the nomenclature for X299/_350/_370 (or preemptively changed x299/_250/_270), but they already have an established naming scheme and believe that it would hurt them more than it would benefit them (either by admitting defeat and giving in to AMD or by having to get everyone used to a whole new naming system). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

No.

Thread title fixed to follow the posting guidelines;

The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

X299 makes sense if they wanted to make SKx/KBx sound comparable to KBs as both would be on the 200 series chipset. 

So you're saying that Z170, Z270, and Z370 aren't natural progressions of Z97? Of course they were going to go down that route and AMD knew that. 

True, but x299 has hardly even made it to market before consumer iteration is at 300 series.

No, I'm saying the opposite. What I am criticizing, is the sheer number of iterations. 4 in 3½ years is insane. Can you honestly claim such a number is warranted? It's just a sleazy way for Intel to suck more money out of people by selling them a new chipset along with every tiny, tiny iteration of CPU's.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's to coincide with the consumer chipset number.

I get that. But x58 and x79 did not. They could have called it x399 for future proofing too. Their constant iteration of consumer chipsets is just bonkers. 4 iterations in 3½ years are too much. There's no warrant for that number of iterations.

9 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And even still, even if A320/B350/X370 was chosen three years ago, boards weren't made until less than a year ago and Ryzen didn't launch until 8 months ago, so AMD could easily have changed the nomenclature seeing that Intel had already released _270 in order to avoid confusion.

AMD launched their Ryzen CPU's and chipset december 2016. Intel launched their z270 chipset january 2017. So AMD's naming scheme was 2 numbers ahead of Intel at the time. Intel will probably be at 500 series chipsets by the time AMD launches a new one.

15 minutes ago, Notional said:

True, but x299 has hardly even made it to market before consumer iteration is at 300 series.

I didn't say they want it to coincide with the consumer platform, but rather to show that X299 has is in the same performance bracket as z270 (both are sk/kb). If the consumer platform is on Z370 and the enthusiast platform is on x199, then that sounds like HEDT is very far behind, whereas x299 sounds better. 

No, I'm saying the opposite. What I am criticizing, is the sheer number of iterations. 4 in 3½ years is insane. Can you honestly claim such a number is warranted? It's just a sleazy way for Intel to suck more money out of people by selling them a new chipset along with every tiny, tiny iteration of CPU's.

Most people don't upgrade that frequently though. I can't imagine Intel makes much extra money by releasing a new chipset for every generation. 

So yes, it's a lot and annoying that they are always launching a new platform, but that also likely drives hype and keeps the motherboard market from stagnating. If a new platform is going to come out than there is a higher likelihood of new designs and features being added.

10 minutes ago, Notional said:

AMD launched their Ryzen CPU's and chipset december 2016. Intel launched their z270 chipset january 2017. So AMD's naming scheme was 2 numbers ahead of Intel at the time. Intel will probably be at 500 series chipsets by the time AMD launches a new one.

R7 was launched at the end of February (2/22/17). And the AM4 chipsets weren't announced until january: https://www.google.com/amp/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-am4-x370-motherboards-ces/amp/

What version number Intel is on is irrelevant. AMD knew Intel would continue to iterate by 100 each generation, and so they knew they were stealing the naming scheme. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Actually, they didn't.  AMD announced it in December, but didn't launch until end of February/beginning of March.

When did Intel announce their z270 chipset? Before or after AMD?

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I didn't say they want it to coincide with the consumer platform, but rather to show that X299 has is in the same performance bracket as z270 (both are sk/kb). If the consumer platform is on Z370 and the enthusiast platform is on x199, then that sounds like HEDT is very far behind, whereas x299 sounds better. 

Most people don't upgrade that frequently though. I can't imagine Intel makes much extra money by releasing a new chipset for every generation. 

So yes, it's a lot and annoying that they are always launching a new platform, but that also likely drives hype and keeps the motherboard market from stagnating. If a new platform is going to come out than there is a higher likelihood of new designs and features being added.

R7 was launched at the end of February (2/22/17).

Probably, but I don't agree with the argumentation of it. Noone thinks a z270 based machine is more powerful than an x99 based machine.

And honestly, they shouldn't have to upgrade that often on the CPU side. But still. If you for some reason want to upgrade your CPU, you have to buy a new motherboard too for no reason whatsoever. That is problematic I think.

Oh, there are no down sides for Intel to spam out new chipsets constantly. None whatsoever. Plenty of marketing, new boards, new hype, more income, higher prices, etc. No, the downside is entirely for the consumer.

Indeed it was. But chipset was announced december 2016. The same time as Intel announced the z270, which means AMD only knew of the z170 chipset when deciding on a number. At the end of the day, AMD could have chosen something else, but they already had a 900 series chipset for the old FX processors, so a new line was needed. Calling it 100 was not possible due to Intel's current z170 lineup. So they chose 2 iterations further up. Not their fault Intel decided to catch up in less than a year.