My pc is dead

Go to solution Solved by GreenLeaf,

Never mind, problem solved.

The motherboard is dead.

The pcie slot died so i am getting a temporary upgrade to alder lake i5

(That i got from a friend, i need to return this system though.)

Until the parts for my new 4090 build will arrive 

I powerd on my pc yesterday and it froze on the gigabyte insist on ultra durable screen, the power button didn't work so i restarted the pc from the power supply.

After a few restarts it's came back to life.

It was alright untill today.

Whaen i started my computer it worked alright untill i started playind some Minecraft. Yhe performance was just unplayable.

I restarted the pc and it worked untill i started watching LTT, the screen froze, there was some audio output, the RGB on my keyboard was alright but the pc didn't want to work. What should i do?

By the way here's the spec's

I7 6700

Rtx 4060 from gigabyte (there were no 3060 anywhere when i bought it don't be mad)

16g of DDR something 2133 mhz

Some gigabyte mobo

256 gig's ssd (sata)

1 tb hard drive

600w 80 plus power supply from coller master

PLEASE HELP

7 minutes ago, GreenLeaf said:

I powerd on my pc yesterday and it froze on the gigabyte insist on ultra durable screen, the power button didn't work so i restarted the pc from the power supply.

After a few restarts it's came back to life.

It was alright untill today.

Whaen i started my computer it worked alright untill i started playind some Minecraft. Yhe performance was just unplayable.

I restarted the pc and it worked untill i started watching LTT, the screen froze, there was some audio output, the RGB on my keyboard was alright but the pc didn't want to work. What should i do?

By the way here's the spec's

I7 6700

Rtx 4060 from gigabyte (there were no 3060 anywhere when i bought it don't be mad)

16g of DDR something 2133 mhz

Some gigabyte mobo

256 gig's ssd (sata)

1 tb hard drive

600w 80 plus power supply from coller master

PLEASE HELP

First of all. Welcome to the forums!

Secondly, by buying a 4060 you accidently created a portal to another realm. We are all doomed.

Its most like the PSU. Try with another PSU

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

First of all. Welcome to the forums!

Secondly, by buying a 4060 you accidently created a portal to another realm. We are all doomed.

Its most like the PSU. Try with another PSU

Its supposed to be fine with a 4060

Its a really power efficient card 140w of power consumption 

7 minutes ago, GreenLeaf said:

Its supposed to be fine with a 4060

Its a really power efficient card 140w of power consumption 

Yes. If PC can start. Read it like it couldn't boot at all today. My bad, anyway. Did you remove drivers before upgrading GPU? If not download DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Download-Display-Driver-Uninstaller-DDU-18076

Install DDU and run it. When first starting the program you'll get prompted, choose, safe mode with network. PC will restart to safe mode. Choose Nvidia, clean and restart. Unless you had AMD before upgrading. If you had AMD. Choose AMD, clean and do not restart. Run DDU again with clean and restart for Nvidia after.

After PC will restart, install nvidia drivers again.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes. If PC can start. Read it like it couldn't boot at all today. My bad, anyway. Did you remove drivers before upgrading GPU? If not download DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Download-Display-Driver-Uninstaller-DDU-18076

Install DDU and run it. When fist starting the program you'll get prompted, choose, safe mode with network. PC will restart to safe mode. Choose Nvidia, clean and restart. Unless you had AMD before upgrading. If you had AMD. Choose AMD, clean and do not restart. Run DDU again with clean and restart for Nvidia after.

After PC will restart, install nvidia drivers again.

Yeah i did use ddu and i had a GTX 960 Before 

8 minutes ago, GreenLeaf said:

Yeah i did use ddu and i had a GTX 960 Before 

Alright, try again or test with another PSU. Could also be something else. Might want to remove the HDD to test if it does anything, especially if very old. At any point did it work normally after installing the new GPU? If no, maybe test with the old GPU.

FS in Denmark/EU:

removing the GPU and use onboard igpu to test that the rig is still working would be easiest to try . 

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright, try again or test with another PSU. Could also be something else. Might want to remove the HDD to test if it does anything, especially if very old. At any point did it work normally after installing the new GPU? If no, maybe test with the old GPU.

It worked perfectly fine after upgrading

5 minutes ago, Robchil said:

removing the GPU and use onboard igpu to test that the rig is still working would be easiest to try . 

Onboard igpu doesn't work for some reason 

9 minutes ago, GreenLeaf said:

it should work after a bios reset if it don't see a dedicated gpu.. 

it's possible to disable it if you don't use it. 

1 hour ago, GreenLeaf said:

It will only work if the gpu is removed and usually also needs a cmos reset.

16 hours ago, GreenLeaf said:

It worked perfectly fine after upgrading

Try with the other gpu, if its the same thing, its likely PSU

FS in Denmark/EU:

i think it was the ssd and maybe the mobo is dead

its a 10 years old pc with a 4060 and the psu is 600w

Never mind, problem solved.

The motherboard is dead.

The pcie slot died so i am getting a temporary upgrade to alder lake i5

(That i got from a friend, i need to return this system though.)

Until the parts for my new 4090 build will arrive 

Apparently my gpu was defective.

I am getting a temporary upgrade to a 3070 ti.