Coffee Lake Motherboards Spotted From ASRock

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

That is not DFI's layout. It's the layout for BTX. Dell was the only one that went with it, while others were bickering on the stupidity of how everything is now installed upside down.

This is the BTX board layout:

d915gmh_big.jpg

Note where the rear I/O is in relation to the expansion and RAM slots.

32 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

This is the BTX board layout:

Spoiler

d915gmh_big.jpg

Note where the rear I/O is in relation to the expansion and RAM slots.

Note how the ram are place, and cpu socket is near the front. DFI didn't invent anything. They took the BTX design and keep the ATX form factor.

Reason is BTX cases don't exist or lack of it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Note how the ram are place, and cpu socket is near the front. DFI didn't invent anything. They took the BTX design and keep the ATX form factor.

Reason is BTX cases don't exist or lack of it.

614VmsFwoNL._SX355_.jpg

I mean, if we want to have an e-peen match, BTX just looks like a knock off of the AT formfactor:

pic_motherboard1.jpg

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I mean, if we want to have an e-peen match, BTX just looks like a knock off of the AT formfactor:

I'm just saying DFI didn't invent any new layout. You're the ONE here doing a e-peen match!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

I'm just saying DFI didn't invent any new layout. You're the ONE here doing a e-peen match!

I don't recall ever quoting you until after you tried to "correct" me.

I mean, I'll at least admit the wording made it sound I like said they invented the layout, but if you're that triggered enough to correct me...

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't recall ever quoting you until after you tried to "correct" me.

I mean, I'll at least admit the wording made it sound I like said they invented the layout, but if you're that triggered enough to correct me...

At least you have learned something.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

RAM interference probably. Especially today with high heat sinks (Trident Z/Dom Plats). Either way a big tower air cooler might have issues. 

Top mounted radiators might not have a fun time with tube runs out either side. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

RAM interference probably. Especially today with high heat sinks (Trident Z/Dom Plats). Either way a big tower air cooler might have issues. 

Top mounted radiators might not have a fun time with tube runs out either side. 

I just see it as they took the RAM and CPU area, the flipped it around 90 degrees. So you would've had large cooler clearance issues anyway.

The AIO issues I'll bite on though. But at that point, I don't think airflow across that area isn't really much of a factor anymore.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I just see it as they took the RAM and CPU area, the flipped it around 90 degrees. So you would've had large cooler clearance issues anyway.

The AIO issues I'll bite on though. But at that point, I don't think airflow across that area isn't really much of a factor anymore.

ya. Either way the cooler goes it'll be a bad time to try and fit. Either fins or fans are going to have to make way somehow. 

AIO or custom water, running tubes over those little heatsinks could heat tube and dump unwanted heat into coolant. Or big cables like 20/24 pin interfere with tube routing. 

c6401c97da35aab156525c6847c6333e.png

Not a bad idea for the board. But at the time it was probably beige box city. Where nobody cared about what goes above the board. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

13 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

ya. Either way the cooler goes it'll be a bad time to try and fit. Either fins or fans are going to have to make way somehow. 

AIO or custom water, running tubes over those little heatsinks could heat tube and dump unwanted heat into coolant. Or big cables like 20/24 pin interfere with tube routing.

Not a bad idea for the board. But at the time it was probably beige box city. Where nobody cared about what goes above the board. 

Well, not saying they should copy the layout exactly, but use the general idea. And I got bored so I went to see if anyone else tried horizontal RAM slots. I got a few hits

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11474/asrocks-x299eitxac-packs-core-x-into-miniitx

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC612D4I#Specifications

https://www.pcper.com/news/Motherboards/Biostar-Launches-AM1M-AM1-Platform-Motherboard-Series

The ASrock ones are interesting. It's a mini-ITX LGA 2011 socket with four RAM slots, but they used SO-DIMM.

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's a mini-ITX LGA 2011 socket with four RAM slots, but they SO-DIMM.

It SO-DIMM cute.

Fite me.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 9/6/2017 at 0:08 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Waiting to see if the Z370 OC Forumla  is yellow again. 

Sadly, no.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Keyword=Asrock+x299+oc+formula&Item=N82E16813157787

http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/X299 OC Formula/index.asp

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

2 hours ago, mr.squishy said:

I know. That's why I'm hoping they've changed. 

They probably haven't. 

Servers have used that dimm layout for eons. Its for cooling/airflow purposes.