What are your most unpopular tech opinions?

roundtopsam

"Microsoft Edge is the best browser in the world."

[/s] No. I like Chrome. :P

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

19 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

"Microsoft Edge is the best browser in the world."

[/s] No. I like Chrome. :P

Edge is actually a quite good browser... :3

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

i5's and i7's are still good for some games. Especially for Arma 3 which is hugely dependent on Single core performance.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Coin mining is cancer and AMD cards aren't even that top end to justify gauging.

RBG complainers are more annoying than those who go with the tacky rainbow default effect instead of a solid theme.

212 Evo is an okay cooler, but needs to stop being blindly recommend like the second coming of Jesus.

NZXT S340 is an overhyped case.

Asrock > Asus

Fite me bro

18 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:
  • Gaming isn't about photorealistic graphics or 1000000+ FPS.

Agreed.

• PCMR needs to die.

Agreed, but also calling people console peasants needs to die. We are all gamers.

Inspiration got few more:

• iMac and Macbook are PC's. There's no such thing as PC vs Mac.
  • Corsair is overrated.
  • CCleaner has advertising. Its less-aggressive than some competitors, but its there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• UAC is a good thing.

The Union Aerospace Corporation would completely agree with you. Also, the demonic invasion was totally worth the risk.

Additionally, I will indulge myself with some airing of grievances I guess.

Echoing the G502 complaints, but not quite. I despise over-engineered mice and peripherals in general. All those angles and exposed hardware may look amazing in your Deus Ex world, but having to actually rest your hands on them and use them on a daily basis is a different story altogether (I'm looking at you M65/G502/Spatha etc etc).

I went G403 instead, my favorite mouse since the MX518 (No, I don't think the 518 was the messiah of mice, I just have relatively big hands and the 518 was a perfect fit ergonomically).

Also, more gaming tech/development related. I despise the route many developers are going down regarding uncompressed texture assets and such. In a single generation, GPUs have gone from ~4GB tops to 6-8GB VRAM. That's cool, but that's no excuse for developers to pack uncompressed assets into their games just to call them "HD Texture packs" and the like.

Case in point.

• Doom 2016 Nightmare settings. Would I notice? Do I need the extra stuff that needs 5+GB of VRAM? Personally, not quite.
  • Fallout 4 texture pack - 50+GB of absolute pointlessness

I get that the eagle-eyed connoisseurs might be able to discern the difference between 2 zoomed in static frames back to back, but when I'm ripping an Imp's head open while already admiring a beautifully crafted Hell that I couldn't for the life of me comment on as "needing a bit of a touch up", the VRAM tax starts seeming quite pointless.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

Let's start with the worst

-ASUS motherboards are seriously overrated (probably gonna get burned at the stake for this lol)

-4K is useless, 900P MASTERRACE!4!44! (havent had the money for proper 1080p yet)

-anything above 60fps is meh though I'm beginning to shrug this off coz I just realised my monitor can do 75hz and its awesome

-Intel are assholes (though they have good stuff) not really sure huw unpopular this is but there you go

-4K texture mods for games......just why?

-I love iPhones

-most eSports are cringy af

-Origin is nice

-RGB. Give me all the RGB

-I acutally understand console gamers (not that I1d ever bring myself to such barbaric measures)

-Linux and everything to do with it should burn in hell along with it's creator

-Mechanical keyboards......ugh overpriced loud ass keyboards

-FLAC Files are fucking cancer(sorry OP :D)

-Game benchmarks with Ultra settings.....WHY? ultra vs high settings make no fucking differnce 99% of the time

I'm sure I'll have some more ideas later.

Oh and come at me bruh

Edit: Wifi>>>Ethernet

overclocking is pretty pointless 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

3 minutes ago, noobadin said:

Says the guy with a cpu made with overclocking in mind :D you are going to upset some people sir xD 

Hmmm, some of mine that might be unpopular.

So, what if it gets high FPS, it looks like jutter crap.  Give me smooth frame times instead.

Consoles are fun to play on.  So, the PCMR crap can go shove up a dark hole.

23 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The AMD FX series was actually quite competent if you wanted a budget rendering rig.

Awesome BOINC cruncher too under Linux.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

32 minutes ago, noobadin said:

I got an extra 105 points on the hardest free benchmark on the market.... that was quite worth it.

derp

-I'm not going to hate on intel for releasing x299 (not yet at least)

-iOS is superior to android hands down

-I don't mind most privacy issues most people mention like personalized adds and companies getting personal information.

-People who are concerned about data privacy are the ones posting party pics on Facebook etc. and it's all their own fault

On 6/6/2017 at 11:25 AM, LeinadTM said:

I personally would never even consider an AMD CPU for even a second. Possibly graphics, never CPU. Intel's where it's at, there's a reason they dominate the market. Having only seen reviews of their components, most of them not too good, I just don't trust AMD's reliability. Having never worked with their parts myself definitely limits my position to call it fact, though.

that was how i felt about AMD but ive done 2 ryzen builds which are great, gave me faith in amd

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

9 minutes ago, Vacras said:

-iOS is superior to android hands down. 

I think it depends on how you use it.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

2 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

I think it depends on how you use it.

Talking about the average user (including me)

5 minutes ago, Vacras said:

Talking about the average user (including me)

Still depends on how they use it and what they need it for. And how you use it does not apply to anyone, even average users because the average smartphone user is more likely to use Samsung now (sauce: http://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/vendor).

11 hours ago, Linksys120n said:

I owned a Wii U but returned it to the store because Mario Maker wasn't a thing yet...

Nintendo Switch is the best thing to happen to tech since the intel 8008

There is a reason to buy a Ryzen 7 1800X instead of a 1700...

What's the reason?

Just now, Anjelllo said:

What's the reason?

I'm running at 3.9 Gigahertz stable without breaking a sweat... could probably hit 4.0 if I pushed it.

derp

I'll never buy a curved screen smartphone (namely the Edge line) because I don't like the presentation of the screen.  I also have mostly monocular vision and must be missing something about the appeal of the edges.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, silentprototipe said:

Buying a GT 730 and gaming on it, trust me its great if you can get it used 

Uhh no, I used to have one and it could only get 60 fps in csgo at low settings 720p. This thing is only useful on very old systems or as a display adapter on cpus without integrated graphics. Seriously, unless you can get it for 5$ it's not worth imo.

2 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

I'm running at 3.9 Gigahertz stable without breaking a sweat... could probably hit 4.0 if I pushed it.

1700's can hit those speeds......

Thunderbolt is useless

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 6/6/2017 at 10:07 AM, Pandalf said:

Firefox is superior than Chrome on desktop. Everything.

FTFY.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.