What are your most unpopular tech opinions?

roundtopsam

Microsoft mouses are better than Logitech's when it comes to similar price points.

1 hour ago, roundtopsam said:

I've seen this discussion floating around about music on Facebook, and it has me wondering if anyone on here is willing to air their grievances in the name of a solid discussion, and not just to crap on each other haha.  To get the ball rolling:

• RGB lighting frustrates me because there are too many color options.  Not unlike having a flash cart with every NES game, I simply can't commit.
  • I don't understand why anyone needs a 4K display

And begin!

blue is gud

well considering ive been rambling about it for almost half of the time and i have shitload of post i guess it's not really unpopular anymore

1 hour ago, Pandalf said:

Firefox is superior than Chrome on desktop.

Logitech G502 is extremely overrated.

You'r right about the second one.Who needs that mouse?(someone with cheetah muscles in their hands)

• There's nothing wrong with paying full or almost full price for Windows.
  • PCPP and store pages are overused against linking directly to manufacturers product page or just telling which part is in question.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• iMessage is the only reason to buy an iPhone
  • If you don't put an optical drive in your modern PC I think you're missing a crucial piece of hardware
  • Most people can't tell the difference between their high bitrate FLAC files and a Spotify stream
  • Beats by Dre is a bigger ripoff than most of Apple's products, and it makes complete sense that one bought the other.
  • Physical copies of software will never go away entirely
  • I wanted to buy a Wii U but never got around to it
  • Microsoft Stores absolutely trolling Apple Stores is the best thing to happen to retail since... ever

• Gaming isn't about photorealistic graphics or 1000000+ FPS.
  • PCMR needs to die.
  • Don't run as an admin.
  • UAC is a good thing.
  • Traditional viruses and such aren't really a thing anymore. So stop saying  "did you scan for viruses?" as the first thing when people are having problems.
  • Don't update drivers unless it does something you really need.
  • Don't update the firmware unless it does something you really need.
  • Don't update BIOS/UEFI unless... well you get the idea.
  • Apps like GFE, ASUS AI Suite, and other such programs don't help power users. They should be avoided.
  • Clicking on "next next next" mindlessly when install apps is dumb.
  • Lots of people think they know computers, but they really don't.
  • System monitoring apps should only be open if you need to confirm or test something. Anything beyond that and the app is just sucking resources.
  • If you're not going to use an app, tab, or whatever, close it.
  • If you're not using your RAM, you're wasting it (I only say this is unpopular because too many people get 32GB and will maybe once or twice in the system's life go over half that. Unless they have 100+ Chrome tabs open).
  • Most anti-virus programs don't actually help.

6 hours ago, roundtopsam said:

Microsoft Stores absolutely trolling Apple Stores is the best thing to happen to retail since... ever

Oh mah gawd yes.  First time I saw one I broke down laughing, such a blatant Rippoff was glorious!

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

That gamers should buy i5's instead of R5s

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

11 hours ago, LeinadTM said:

I personally would never even consider an AMD CPU for even a second. Possibly graphics, never CPU. Intel's where it's at, there's a reason they dominate the market. Having only seen reviews of their components, most of them not too good, I just don't trust AMD's reliability. Having never worked with their parts myself definitely limits my position to call it fact, though.

older AMD chips are not the best, but ryzen totally dominates, especially with intel's hurried announcement of i9 and kaby lake x as a response to Ryzen threadripper

1 minute ago, TheLagDidIt said:

older AMD chips are not the best, but ryzen totally dominates, especially with intel's hurried announcement of i9 and kaby lake x as a response to Ryzen threadripper

They've had them in development for a few months. A CPU takes a little bit more than a week or 2 to develop :P Plus AMD has done hurried announcements for yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss and Intel has done it one time in like 15 years and "Holy shit Intel is a nasty business that's lazy and never does anything" 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

They've had them in development for a few months. A CPU takes a little bit more than a week or 2 to develop :P Plus AMD has done hurried announcements for yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss and Intel has done it one time in like 15 years and "Holy shit Intel is a nasty business that's lazy and never does anything" 

intel is great, but with ryzen, it is providing 8 cores, 16 threads for around $300-400, which with intel, costs over $1000 and a cpu takes a lot more than 2 weeks to develop, making a working prototype takes longer than that

9 hours ago, roundtopsam said:
  • iMessage is the only reason to buy an iPhone
  • If you don't put an optical drive in your modern PC I think you're missing a crucial piece of hardware
  • Most people can't tell the difference between their high bitrate FLAC files and a Spotify stream
  • Beats by Dre is a bigger ripoff than most of Apple's products, and it makes complete sense that one bought the other.
  • Physical copies of software will never go away entirely
  • I wanted to buy a Wii U but never got around to it
  • Microsoft Stores absolutely trolling Apple Stores is the best thing to happen to retail since... ever

I owned a Wii U but returned it to the store because Mario Maker wasn't a thing yet...

Nintendo Switch is the best thing to happen to tech since the intel 8008

There is a reason to buy a Ryzen 7 1800X instead of a 1700...

derp

- I like Apple, a lot, although lately, I'm becoming a little less impressed with them.

- I will always pick more cores over faster cores since I do actual work with my PC, not just gaming

- I don't like colour, crazy designs, any lighting other than sparingly use white accents or anything "out there" on my PC or peripherals. To me, they're a tool and minimalism>anything

- I don't like gaming mice, they're usually too light or too 'gamery'

- I don't care about 4k or refresh rates above about 75Hz, I'm much more interested in OLED technology and maybe HDR, although I haven't had much hands-on time.

- VR is not for me and adds almost nothing to most experiences. The ones it does add to, I don't think it adds enough to justify the price

- I really like Edge, it's super fast and responsive (especially on my Atom powered Yoga Book), sadly web pages always crash after a few seconds spent on another tab

- Wires are for chumps, and I'll take wireless gear every time, I don't need that extra 4ms of input lag and I want it clean.

- I liked my FX-8320, it was a great little chip for 3d rendering on a budget, and OC'd nearly a full 1.0GHz over stock without overheating

- TN displays are hell on Earth and should not be used on any device less than 3 years old and valued more than $100

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

14 hours ago, roundtopsam said:

I've seen this discussion floating around about music on Facebook, and it has me wondering if anyone on here is willing to air their grievances in the name of a solid discussion, and not just to crap on each other haha.  To get the ball rolling:

• RGB lighting frustrates me because there are too many color options.  Not unlike having a flash cart with every NES game, I simply can't commit.

And begin!

rgb doesn't look nice sometimes.

romer g feels like cheap MX reds.

iOS is good.

hackintoshing is easy if you have supported hardware and know how to google,.

macOS is good.

a chromebook is what everybody needs.

beats sounds good

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 hours ago, Zaki_Owais said:

You'r right about the second one.Who needs that mouse?(someone with cheetah muscles in their hands)

huge upgrade from a tiny little mouse bought at dollarama.

$50 only, RGB i guess (for some people that matters, but not for me), it works well with claw grip, and sorta works with left handed usage (palm grip), and a good sensor for flicking my mouse over to my other screen and then back (because i dont know where the fuck is my mouse, and on macOS if you keep flicking the mouse gets bigger and bigger so you can find it)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

14 hours ago, roundtopsam said:

And begin!

4k display because i like having a shit ton of screen real estate (using like 3% of the screen space for something like a file explorer and being able to read the text inside it is amazing)

14 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

that apple is a good company xD 

bad business practices, but good for profits.

good/great software and hardware, but eeeeh hardware design lately.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

14 hours ago, Pandalf said:

Firefox is superior than Chrome on desktop.

Logitech G502 is extremely overrated.

I don't think that firefox is superior but i like ur opinion about the Logitech g502 i had one an i hated it, the Logitech g403 is way better.

15 hours ago, LeinadTM said:

Possibly my most unpopular tech opinion would be the code I stand by:

"F*ck Surfaces. Just f*ck 'em."

Still trying to remember the main reason I hate them so much, though. Something to do with Microsoft.

Well for one, they are damn impossible to service, ifixit didn't even manage to get the pro3 apart intact

No one needs a smartphone, any work which can be done on a smartphone can be done better and quicker on a tablet/laptop. All you need is something that works as a phone.

8 minutes ago, Wrb said:

No one needs a smartphone, any work which can be done on a smartphone can be done better and quicker on a tablet/laptop. All you need is something that works as a phone.

If u think about it its actually true but I don't want to log around a tablet/laptop all day so I prefer to have a nice smartphone anyway.

Linux > Windows > macOS

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.