Tech you wouldn't reccomend to anyone

techswede

mixed brand powerline networking of any sort. Always use the same brand for all nodes.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Don't buy any AMD products, no AMD GPUs or CPUs. They overheat and the software is bad. Nvidia is better

Corsair products are cheapo and suck so don't buy those.

Coolermaster is bad too, they have cheap plastic cases.

Gigabyte has rip off motherboards that break in a month.

Razer is about the only good brand.

/s

Aerocool fans are really the worst, seriously. I had all 4 break on me.

Only one you shouldn't be sarcastic about is corsair. Atleast their peripherals, of course all IMO.

I would never recommend CSGO to anyone.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not really tech but csgo LOL or anything free to play

ASRock motherboards. They're cheap for a reason!

I've had 10 motherboards fail within half a year for more or less the same reasons. All the boards were RMA'd and replaced and still managed to fail 4-5 months after installing. All other components worked just fine and eventually the motherboard was take out of the equation alltogether and replaced with Asus, Gigabyte or MSI.

Acer laptops. Again: they promise great performance for low prices. While the spec/price ratio may be amazing, their lifespan for a sub-poweruser is less than a year. I've personally had 3 of them, different models from different generations. Most common problem was the chipset unsoldering itself, bad thermals, USB ports shorting out, broken card readers out of the box (RMA'd within an hour of purchase), different specs than advertised (last one I had my hands on was supposed to have an 820M. It had the nVidia sticker on it, the box said it had the 820M, but all it had was an iGPU). Never again.

Anything made by Hama, Gembird, Jizz (I shit you not, there's a brand called Jizz), 4world, RPC, Serioux, Tracer, Modecom, Canyon, Acme (hehe, Acme), Newman, Natec, Dragon War, E-blue, Somic that is more than $5, since it WILL break within a few months.

Gray area purchase:

Microsoft peripherals. While they're quite excellent in quality, I find their prices are far too high for what they do. $20 for a basic mouse? $25-30 for a basic keyboard? Hell naw! Not for what I need. I did buy a mouse/kb kit for my parents over 5 years ago and they're still going strong, but for a user that wants something more, you're better off buying something else.

Don't get me wrong, they're amazingly robust for general usage, they last AGES if used properly but the price/feature ratio is dumb.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Soundcards, AMD CPUs, anything Apple, anything Razer

Novation Launchpad (midi controller) 

constantly disconnects, buttons are too stiff.. 

Ableton Live 9

Have to reset the sound quality EVERY TIME I OPEN IT.. the settings values never change, but when i go to make some music it crackles up EVERY TIME even on "studio quality" in my audio drivers, as well as ableton settings.. it does this until i get so pissed off that i dont even want to use my midi controller.. waste of 400$ on a controller until i find a fing daw that works..

Don't buy any AMD products, no AMD GPUs or CPUs. They overheat and the software is bad. Nvidia is better

Corsair products are cheapo and suck so don't buy those.

Coolermaster is bad too, they have cheap plastic cases.

Gigabyte has rip off motherboards that break in a month.

Razer is about the only good brand.

/s

Aerocool fans are really the worst, seriously. I had all 4 break on me.

Anything made by Apple. 

Apple laptops. They go straight to lag piles after an OS update

(I saw the /s in the first quote but I'm ignoring it)

AMD isn't that bad (even their CPUs (though Intel is better)

Apple again isn't bad, yes they should really lead the way in manufacturing stuff in North America (US and Canada). At least elements of its OS is Open Source, don't think you can say that about Windows.

Only if Linux would get some loving  :(

I'd say be wary about Lenovo laptops as they're loaded with a lot of crapware and the displays sort of suck.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Hmmmm, my ASRock X58 Extreme is chugging along with no problems and it's 5/6 years old now. Guess I got lucky! Soon to be replaced with a Gigabyte board (buying the processor to stick in it later this week) but it has served me very well.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

I've had 10 motherboards fail within half a year for more or less the same reasons. All the boards were RMA'd and replaced and still managed to fail 4-5 months after installing.

10?!? 10?!?!

After two in a row die the brand that produced such a shitty product becomes dead to me.

OT:

Anything Apple

Corsair's products (excluding peripherals)

Gigabyte's products

Razer

Fan controllers

Seagate Hard Drives

Samsung Hard Drives

Corsair's products (excluding peripherals)

*Looks at 300R* It's okay, little case, you've been good to me all these years. :(

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

People are being way to general in this thread. OP is clearly looking for specific products rather then a brand.

This is a thread where you can share your most laughably bad tech purchase that you really did not enjoy.

All this thread is going to end up being is a list containing every tech company known to man cause of some random bad experience someone had.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Seagate, Razer, Apple, and Kingston SSDs :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

People are being way to general in this thread. OP is clearly looking for specific products rather then a brand.

All this thread is going to end up being is a list containing every tech company known to man cause of some random bad experience someone had.

Yeah this hasn't gone well.

This was more about specific products that are really bad for what they are. Not just a random hate fest..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This was more about specific products that are really bad for what they are. Not just a random hate fest..

Shame cause it had potential to be a fun thread full of "what in the hell is that thing/why on earth would they do that?!" but ya...just became like any number of "dont by from this brand even though 95% of people have no issue with this brands products" threads.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Well that's how it goes. If I get two DOA products or products that die quickly (one after the other that is) then that brand is dead to me... As for other brands like Corsair and razer, I'll start recommending overpriced products now just to please you.

Well that's how it goes. If I get two DOA products or products that die quickly (one after the other that is) then that brand is dead to me... As for other brands like Corsair and razer, I'll start recommending overpriced products now just to please you.

tumblr_inline_njwt11yIqk1rcatwu.gif

System Specs

10?!? 10?!?!

After two in a row die the brand that produced such a shitty product becomes dead to me.

They weren't on my personal rigs. I'd never buy it for myself or anyone else unless they specifically tell me to buy it even though I keep warning them that they're crap

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

For the beats, I agree, but for the MeMo pads I have to firmly disagree. After finding out that Asus was responsible for the first Nexus 7 (also second, but this was before then) I purchased one for myself and it chugged on like a baus, snappy, plenty of storage left over despite 6-8 preinstalled apps. Since then I've purchased two more (all three different models, two 7", one 8") and they have all met or exceeded expectations. Maybe I just happened to get 3 good eggs, but I have a very, very positive impression of the MeMo pad line.

Edit: Upon rereading my post I realized I forgot to clarify something. The last two tablets I purchased were given as gifts to family members, who still use them to this day, they have been very pleased, and I was happy I could satisfy without breaking the bank.

Don't get me wrong either, love Asus products in general but this 8" MeMo has been a huge disappointment, and to be fair the problem I had seems to be with the specific board revision I have. Still I actively don't recommend the MeMo line, I actually had better user experience and less bugs with my 80$ Chinese cellphone...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Newegg RMA's.

Worst return service ever!!!

I'm pretty sure this isn't a product, but I see your point

I think the Bias war is real