Tech you wouldn't reccomend to anyone

techswede

I said if you don't have that issue that is fine, and I accepted it could be something in their pocket that did it. Do you just get pissy without fully reading? My main issue is the price and paying for something you can get legally for free aka Linux. You caneven get similar, if not better, hw for less. To me, it is buying a social status.

Apple's prices are far too disoerate to comment on in such blanket terms. For example the Mac Pros are FAR cheaper than you could build with equivalent hardware. Their phones are about the same price as every other flagship after a long time at being (by a decent amount) the cheapest of their immediate competition of HTC and Samsung. The only thing that's particularly expensive is the Mac Book and given its tablet-like performance it doesn't seem any different to me than that ridiculously expensive Chromebook that Google produced a few months ago.

As for Linux, I do hope you complain every time someone installs Windows too, otherwise it seems a bit hypocritical.

I didn't bring Windows into this because of one reason. I was trying to make it on something far more similar. Windows is different. I'm not saying there aren't over priced android phones. And, no I can build a PC of the same quality for less. What you are failing to realize is that Steve Jobs took Apple to a level where it was all about marketing not the quality. Woz, on the other hand, wanted everything to be cheaper with the OS distros free. I wouldn't be bitching if it went Woz's way over Jobs's. I did bring Windows builds into this too. I said Alienware...Alienware puts Windows on. My problem isn't just Apple. It's social economics to why I'm bitching.

Go on PC part picker, make a build with a 6-core Xeon and two FirePro W9000s. You clearly don't know what you're talking about -- just one of those FirePros costs to buy about the same as the entire Mac Pro that contains two of them.

I'm not failing to realise anything. I'm just hearing yet another wilfully uneducated person on this forum railing about Apple. Yawn.

Windows is much more expensive than Mac OS X. But "windows is different." The difference is you're a fanboy, nothing more.

Go on PC part picker, make a build with a 6-core Xeon and two FirePro W9000s. You clearly don't know what you're talking about -- just one of those FirePros costs to buy about the same as the entire Mac Pro that contains two of them.

I'm not failing to realise anything. I'm just hearing yet another wilfully uneducated person on this forum railing about Apple. Yawn.

Windows is much more expensive than Mac OS X. But "windows is different." The difference is you're a fanboy, nothing more.

I wouldn't waste my breath (or in this case, actuations). Fanboys/idiots are fanboys/idiots no matter how much you try to educate them with the use of logic.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why would I want Firepros when the R9s are better?  Also, I can mod a trash can from walmart and save some money for the case.

You obviously don't understand the difference between a FirePro and an R9 series card...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I wouldn't waste my breath (or in this case, actuations). Fanboys/idiots are fanboys/idiots no matter how much you try to educate them with the use of logic.

That's a good point. Cherry only rate their keys for so many strokes. I should spend them on something more worthwhile.

The Razer BlackWidow Tournament

razer-blackwidow-tournament-edition-gall

Why? Three reasons. The first reason is simply to do with the build materials. The matte plastic feels rather cheap, scratches/cracks easily and it creaks. The second reason is due to the use of a MiniUSB cable for the connection. A fixed cable or a full size USB connector would have been fine for the form factor, but Razer decided to go with MiniUSB. The connector in the keyboard is particularly flimsy, and it took less than 15 insertions/removals to break the connector in mine. The third and final reason is because there are far better options. Cooler Master's TKLs, Noppoo's Choc Mini, Ducky's Shine Mini, KBC's Pok3r. Hell, even the $50 Monoprice MX Blue keyboard is better.

Difference is the kernel dipshit.   :D  I can get windows for 10 bucks off reddit.  However, I can get Linux for free.  Free > paying.

You can get a Mac for $10, too, if you ask no questions as to how the bloke in the trenchcoat and the hockey mask can sell it so cheaply. Literally the same as buying an OS off of reddit...

The Razer BlackWidow Tournament

Why? Three reasons. The first reason is simply to do with the build materials. The matte plastic feels rather cheap, scratches/cracks easily and it creaks. The second reason is due to the use of a MiniUSB cable for the connection. A fixed cable or a full size USB connector would have been fine for the form factor, but Razer decided to go with MiniUSB. The connector in the keyboard is particularly flimsy, and it took less than 15 insertions/removals to break the connector in mine. The third and final reason is because there are far better options. Cooler Master's TKLs, Noppoo's Choc Mini, Ducky's Shine Mini, KBC's Pok3r. Hell, even the $50 Monoprice MX Blue keyboard is better.

I'm in two minds about the new Razer Black Widows. Firstly I got one back in 2011 along with a Mamba (which ergonomically was a nice mouse, but in terms of build quality and longevity was fucking shocking) and my Black Widow is still holding up brilliantly. It feels nice (though a lot of people hate the shiny plastic and I see where they're coming from), it's very rigid and, of course, the original Cherry MX Blue switches.

But when they changed the Kailh switches the whole build quality diminished and it stopped being the really quite brilliant product it had been -- but it did also become one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards on the market so I find myself still recommending Razer here... which is odd, because they are hardly ever competitively priced. It's literally under £60, which is really aggressively priced.

As I'm staring at an eye year old Macbook Pro from early 2007 rocking a 2.2ghz C2D and 4gb of Ram that runs perfectly fast on everything but Yosemite.

Yosemite saved my MacBook Pro 2014 (maverick was the most awful OS X I've used used for stability due to terrible Optimus gpu drives) so mileage must vary

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Only one you shouldn't be sarcastic about is corsair. Atleast their peripherals, of course all IMO.

I would never recommend CSGO to anyone.

Why not CS?

Why not CS?

Because it's mediocre. At best.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The base Mac Pros use D300s, or W7000s, not W9000s. If you built the base model Mac Pros you could save a couple hundred dollars, when you reach the fully loaded Mac Pro at $10k or equip the D700s (W9000s), then you save money going with the prebuilt Mac Pro.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Because it's mediocre. At best.

CS requires A LOT of teamwork and skill to master. Only few people have mastered the game, and it's takes an incredible amount of skill to do that. It's tactical, team-based, and actually is competitive and you have to have skill to get anywhere. If you are talking about graphics, then it's SOURCE. What do you expect? I know they aren't great, but you should try to see the game for what it really is.

CS requires A LOT of teamwork and skill to master. Only few people have mastered the game, and it's takes an incredible amount of skill to do that. It's tactical, team-based, and actually is competitive and you have to have skill to get anywhere. If you are talking about graphics, then it's SOURCE. What do you expect? I know they aren't great, but you should try to see the game for what it really is.

See this is the problem with your argument.

Because it requires skill doesn't make a game good.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Product: Yi Zhan X4 Quadcopter

http://www.amazon.com/Yi-Zhan-Degree-Eversion-Quadcopter/dp/B00O9SP0O0

Why:

Bad packaging, to start. Cheap remote, it plastic. Takes a long time to charge the darn thing, and when you do, it says it stays charged for 15 mins but it's more like 7-10 mins. After 5 minutes of using the remote, there is already something rattling inside the controller likely from the extremely cheap build quality. I take it outside to fly it, and it started to rise really high. Suddenly, it flew to the right (keep in mind this is 100 feet high). I tried to control it but it wasn't working, and it was making weird turns and the remote was making beeping noises. Then it fell in trees and I never found it, which I can't say I'm too sad about. Although I would have liked to have kept that 50$ that I spent on it @ a fair, but I didn't know much about Quadcopters and their quality so there you go :)

As Linus said in his R7 240 (or was it 250?) video,

"A stupid product. No one buy it."

I agree, Linus :P

See this is the problem with your argument.

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to respond to this comment xD

Because it requires skill doesn't make a game good.

Then what makes a game good? Graphics, storyline, etc? I'm just saying, I think that that's one of the factors that makes a game good/enjoyable. I do t want to argue though, I know those games aren't for everyone :)

Toshiba (just about everything)

And for some reason my mother still thinks they are an acceptable laptop brand.  Even after the fact she had one that melted the motherboard, and then the replacement melted the motherboard, ruined the hard drive, as well as the video card.

My ex had a toshiba laptop that was decent... for about 6 months until the endless hardware problems started.

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

Razer Kraken Pros.

I like Razer, I love my naga hex and Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2014 but the kraken pros.. 2 months the wire stripped itself because it was some cheap stretchy rubber.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The base Mac Pros use D300s, or W7000s, not W9000s. If you built the base model Mac Pros you could save a couple hundred dollars, when you reach the fully loaded Mac Pro at $10k or equip the D700s (W9000s), then you save money going with the prebuilt Mac Pro.

That's my point -- you cannot just say that Apple are expensive or Apple are cheap. It varies lots.

People here have this misconception that anything with an Apple badge is automatically extortionately expensive and it isn't that simple. When I bought my iPhone 6 it was the cheapest flagship available. The most expensive Mac Pro is actually a really good deal. So some of their products are really expensive for what they are, but it's not a blanket statement you can make accurately.

Then what makes a game good? Graphics, storyline, etc? I'm just saying, I think that that's one of the factors that makes a game good/enjoyable. I do t want to argue though, I know those games aren't for everyone :)

I am aware.

I do tend to like those kind of games.

For me one of the things that makes me not like it is Valve's flavor of the source engine.

I REALLY don't like it.

L4D/CS/Etc. The flavor of the engine Valve used in those games, I can't stand them.

But see I came from Tribes, to CS.

So that may make a difference.

I am aware.

I do tend to like those kind of games.

For me one of the things that makes me not like it is Valve's flavor of the source engine.

I REALLY don't like it.

L4D/CS/Etc. The flavor of the engine Valve used in those games, I can't stand them.

But see I came from Tribes, to CS.

So that may make a difference.

I can see that lol

Apple Products

• The people that flock to it tend to be pretentious hipsters or people who don't know any better
  • Their shit is way over priced
  • They come out with new shit every 2 months and their cord system is retarded.
  • When the screens of their phones crack, which is mad easy to do, it's like the Haitian earth quake happened on their phone

Beats

• Over priced to shit
  • Mainly a fashion accessory

Razer

• Crap/10

Games Because Why the Fuck Not

• CS:GO: Cancer/10
  • LoL/Dota2: Cancer/10
  • ArmA: Totes well optimized /sarcasm
  • Tomb Raider: Game trailers =/= Gameplay or story by a long shot
  • Xcom Enemy Unkown: Niggas don't know what LOS means in any sense of the term
  • Insurgency: Source Engine/10
  • TF2/Gmod: Autism the game

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Games Because Why the Fuck Not

• CS:GO: Cancer/10
  • ArmA: Totes well optimized /sarcasm
  • Insurgency: Source Engine/10

I agree

Good game, poorly optimized

Allahu Akbar Simulator

Phantom 410

cheap shiny garbage plastic.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

anything that is 10 and over years old because they are way outdated

I'll throw out my Sansui stereo system and turn table then because it's way outdated and doesn't even come close to comparing to modern hardware... /s

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

SteelSeries headsets.

care to elaborate? I like mine (The rules stated to state the reason but hey)