Microsoft HoloLens receives a blow as designer Mike Ey killed in hit-and-run crash

RH00D

I hope Washington state has strict drunk driving laws. It is never acceptable.

Microsoft-HoloLens-RGB_0.png

The Microsoft HoloLens project took a blow recently when project designer Mike Ey, 30, was killed in a hit-and-run incident in Redmond.

Ey, reportedly a cautious driver who completely abstained from alcohol, was making his way home early on Saturday morning. Coming from behind was Robert Malsch, doing over 100 hundred miles an hour and under the influence of alcohol.

After several near misses, Malsch ploughed his car into the back of Ey's vehicle, killing the young designer in the process.

Malsch then proceeded to flee the scene, before being caught later by a police dog. On Monday a King County judge ordered that he be held on $100,000 bail. He faces vehicular homicide and felony hit-and-run charges.

Mike Ey

04baa14.jpg

RIP.

Source: http://winbeta.org/news/microsoft-hololens-receives-blow-designer-mike-ey-killed-hit-and-run-crash

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Wow

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Sabotage 

[*]

Really unfortunate. Who the fuck gets drunk on a Saturday morning?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

[*]

Alcoholics

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

That's terrible.

I hope his family is doing well and he may rest in peace.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just as horrific as the co-founder of oculus dying, it's terrible to see people with such great minds and revolutionary ideas just be gone in an instant due to somebody elses lack of self control. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

[*]

Me that's who lol  I don't care what time it is or what day it is if I'm not drinking it's because the local stores all ran out.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Seriously wtf that is the second major VR designer to die by being hit by a car wtf :S

that sucks so much ass, RIP, i hope that asshole gets jailed the rest of his sorry life

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Fucking hell.. RIP! 

Dont fucking drink and drive! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

EDIT: That is sad indeed, I thought the one who did was also drunk

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

This is not sad, if you drink and drive its your fault. Guess HoloLens will be delayed then

Well it is sad, because the guy who died isn't the one who was driving drunk.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

This is not sad, if you drink and drive its your fault. Guess HoloLens will be delayed then

You do realise the guy who was killed WASN'T drink driving and was killed by a drink driver?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The HoloLens designer was not drinking and driving. It says he completely abstained from alcohol. It was Robert Malsch who was drinking and driving and hit Mike Ey in his vehicle at around 100 MPH (160 KM/h).

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well that driver was a massive asswipe

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The HoloLens designer was not drinking and driving. It says he completely abstained from alcohol. It was Robert Malsch who was drinking and driving and hit Mike Ey in his vehicle at around 100 MPH (160 KM/h).

You do realise the guy who was killed WASN'T drink driving and was killed by a drink driver?

Or did you not take two seconds before spouting whatever shit falls from your arse?

Well it is sad, because the guy who died isn't the one who was driving drunk.

Whoops, I totally misread this, oke this is even more sad than

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Why is it homicide and not manslaughter?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why is it homicide and not manslaughter?

I believe manslaughter is accidental whereas homicide is intentional. I think its from the perspective that if you are willing to get drunk then drive a vehicle that is not an "accident". Everybody knows exactly how dangerous that is. But I'm also not a lawyer so take that with a grain of salt.