Microsoft HoloLens receives a blow as designer Mike Ey killed in hit-and-run crash

RH00D

Vehicular manslaughter is still tried as vehicular homicide, it is a sub category.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Rip in pepperonis, i hope this wont delay the hololens too much...

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

wow so sad!  And he was only 30!  But man, that designer sure looks like a genius.  Just look at those glasses!  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Why is it homicide and not manslaughter?

Because Drink Driving education is widespread enough to reasonably assume anyone who gets behind the wheel drunk is fully aware that they may kill somone, therefore showing intent

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

RIP, That sucks :(

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

looks like someone doesn't want VR to be a thing

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Because Drink Driving education is widespread enough to reasonably assume anyone who gets behind the wheel drunk is fully aware that they may kill somone, therefore showing intent

I believe manslaughter is accidental whereas homicide is intentional. I think its from the perspective that if you are willing to get drunk then drive a vehicle that is not an "accident". Everybody knows exactly how dangerous that is. But I'm also not a lawyer so take that with a grain of salt.

I just googled it. Differs from state to state

If death resulted from a drunk driving accident that you caused, needless to say, you can face prison time. Depending on the state in which you reside, and whether or not this is your first offense, some states may hand down a manslaughter charge while others will give you a second or third degree murder charge. In some states, or for a first offense, you might face a reckless endangerment, or vehicular homicide charge. You also face drunk driving or DUI charges as well as the manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter or murder charge.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This is horrible. This is why people who are drunk need to use Uber/Lyft/ a taxi (if available), or have a designated driver. You put your life and everyone else's in danger.

This is also why widespread adoption of self driving cars needs to happen ASAP.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Fuck the people who cause shit like this.

Sabotage

OH shut up.

RIP Mike..I hope that drunk guy gets punished severely for his stupid action. Show no mercy to those who drink and drive. 

Oh man... This sucks. My heart goes out to his loved ones and co-workers. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Seriously wtf that is the second major VR designer to die by being hit by a car wtf :S

Continuum.... time travellers killing greats minds from the future to prevent the future.... :wacko:

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Well... thats sad..

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Sad when stuff like this happens. Its one thing when a person's stupidity gets them killed, its another when their stupidity kills someone else.

You can smoke, drink, whatever. But the second you start forcing your shit on others/putting their lives at risk I have no sympathy.

Side note, why are there people here who do not have empathy? You don't need someone close to you die to rationalize how horrible this must be for someone. Empathy is a critical part of our being and ability to work together towards a common goal.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

[*]

Who the fuck gets drunk on a Saturday morning?

The sort of person that doesn't bother checking to see if the person they've just crashed into is still alive or not.

Oh and the sort of person that finds it acceptable to drive under the influence.

And there goes my faith in humanity, again.

Every topic I post in dies.

And with this my hopes for HoloLens die :( RIP Mike Ey your work looked promising and I really hope that those that are still alive can finish it to a good enough degree that I might regain hope for HoloLens.

[*]

Really unfortunate. Who the fuck gets drunk on a Saturday morning?

All night Friday party? You wake up all of a sudden still drunk and try to drive home.

More likely a late Friday night session.

and up to sat morning..talk about an alcoholic killing someone abstaining from alcohol..

RIP

Legit we find out it was a "drunk" person from like Apple or Samsung.

Poor guy, there should be something seriously done to stop this kinda crap. Its complete BS. If you have one drinking and driving offense they should make you check your breath with that system before you can start your car.

and up to sat morning..talk about an alcoholic killing someone abstaining from alcohol..

RIP

You really don't have to be an alcoholic to be at a party that lasts well into the morning... You do however have to be an idiot to get behind the wheel after drinking.