Microsoft HoloLens receives a blow as designer Mike Ey killed in hit-and-run crash

RH00D

Damn, is anyone who is working on something AR/VR related stuff going to die?

First one of the guys at Oculus gets run over like 2 years ago and now this?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That's a real shame, may he be in a better place now, regards to the family

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

You think it's a coincidence this happens just after the Vive got shown at GDC? This was clearly a calculated attack from a militant follower of Lord Gaben.

Damn this sucks. Sorry to the family. To the arse that was DUI and anyone who ever considers it, you are the kind of people that deserve to die, not those whose life you take.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

RIP.......

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

You want a better world?  Anyone that kills in a fashion like this is killed too.  Sorry but just because it is an addiction doesn't mean we should be soft on crime.  The world is over populated anyway and allowing people like this to keep on living only adds more risk to society so start giving harsher sentences and kill them.  The same should be done to pedos too.

RIP Mike

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

inb4 assassination plot theories by steam or oculus 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I wonder what kinds of car they were driving. Do car companies design for frontal impacts better than rear impacts?

If so, then I guess that'd explain why he died, and the driver survived, as unfortunate as it is.

This isn't fair, same goes for any hit and run incident.

Hit and run, as a crime should be punished severely