Apple now worth TWO TRILLION US$

TheReal1980
2 hours ago, mr moose said:

AMD had some really bad ones 6-7 years ago.  Oh my, some of them trying to defend the 8350 and 8370 was painful.  But they have largley all settled now.

They still exist for Radeon, which boggles my mind.

48 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Sony

Nike

EA (Bioware)

Disney (Star Wars)

Undertale

Square Enix (Final Fantasy)

Nintendo (Pokemon)

Linux 

GPL (RMS)

Epic (Fortnite)

Blizzard (Overwatch, WoW)

Valve Software 

AMD

Nvidia

Intel

Microsoft

Google

Sony

Disney

Marvel

DC comics

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Toyota

Honda

GM

Ford

Tesla

Walmart

McDonald’s

... the list can go on forever

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They still exist for Radeon, which boggles my mind.

I think the point that rabid fan bases exist everywhere for just about any brand and it’s a bit naive and shows bias if we say that it’s ONLY fans of companyX.

Lets not forget that we are talking about their stock price.

While I agree on Apple knowing how to please their costumers, their stock value is about pleasing investors.

Right now they will probably benefit from stay-at-home people, like other tech companies do, but their value might benefit from investors not knowing where else to invest. Covid is putting companies into difficulties and that uncertainty drives money into safe investments, like an already big tech company which should be "to big to fail".

Apple might become a parking lot for excess money aswell as a security/backup for investors who still want to invest risky (start-ups or even struggling companies, in a hope they survive and go big) and split the investment to protect against a complete loss.

Apple's stock might have gotten so big that it is gaining more value because of its already high value.

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

Sony

Nike

EA (Bioware)

Disney (Star Wars)

Undertale

Square Enix (Final Fantasy)

Nintendo (Pokemon)

Linux 

GPL (RMS)

Epic (Fortnite)

Blizzard (Overwatch, WoW)

Valve Software 

AT&T (Warner Bros in general, particularly in regards to DC brands, but also brands like Rooster Teeth, Cartoon Network brands(Steven Universe and Adventure Time) and Adult Swim (Rick and Morty))

You can find "cult" brands everywhere, but the worst brands will still be the stuff that is considered subversive even though the parent company is basically full on Evil. When I worked for eBay, the meanest non-luxury brand was in fact Warner Bros, who will go after absolutely EVERYONE for even mentioning their brands. Where as Nintendo only went after flash cart copiers and pokemon counterfeits. Nintendo is absolutely hostile to it's fanbase on Youtube though. Disney (primarily Fox) and HBO will kill it's own fans online fandom just to protect the brands from fanfiction.

Staunch FOSS advocates make even the most diehard Apple fan seem reasonable. They're so absolutist about ideology that they ignore practical freedom. A Chinese iPhone user probably has more real-world freedom than they do.

If Richard Stallman were in Belarus right now, he wouldn't be out marching on the streets, because that might involve using "evil" proprietary social networks to coordinate... instead, he'd be urging the regime to switch to FOSS software.

And as someone mentioned, let's not forget some Tesla fans. There are plenty of reasonable Tesla owners, but then there are the ones who are convinced Elon Musk is here to save humanity. I'd love a Model Y; I also know Tesla has its flaws.

2 hours ago, WikiForce said:

Apple ecosystem has so many limitations, no doubt they make decent quality products but they have a monopoly and i just can't stand their pricing at all and it's obvious they sell their products at huge markup because nobody turns from 1tn to 2tn dollar company in a span of few months.

People say that. Constantly. And I'm here using 3 Apple products and not really feel bound to any of it. Even when I had absolute freedom on Android, I always ended up just dumping all the addons and bloat and just use stock launcher and apps (I actually like Xiaomi's MIUI and Huawei's EMUI so transition to iOS was quite natural for me). I even use their AirPods exclusively on Windows systems. Technically, only Apple Watch is something I'd have no use for if I'd get rid of iPhone for another Android again. I'd still use AirPods on Window systems. And I'm in no way tied to iPhone. I can sell it tomorrow and go with Android again without any strings attached. Coz everything I use on phones is not tied to any large vendor. I can migrate between both and use thee 3rd party systems like nothing happened. Like Protonmail for e-mail. and HereWeGo for navigation. I do use iCloud Calendar at the moment, but I can just as well ditch it and use ProtonCalendar when it'll be fully out.

So, yeah, me not depending on Google makes me software/service agnostic. And it's pretty cool. Android or iOS, I literally don't care. It's just that iOS is just better for me and the whole updating thing is just sublime where with Android it's absolute shit.

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

Normally I wouldn't endorse rhetoric like that, but given the last few threads where people have been defending some of their worse behaviors I'm sure it isn't entirely inaccurate.

Even as an iPhone user, I cringe at the borderline zealotry of the highly vocal minority. While I like my device and I feel the set of benefits/compromises better favors my use case, it is far from perfect, and there are plenty of quirks about it that make me go “wtf were they thinking.” Putting on media outside the iTunes store deserves a giant WTF by itself. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 hours ago, Ertman said:

I respectfully disagree.

I do think their computing products have been disappointing, the rest of their products and services on a whole have been pretty strong. 

As for the stupid fan base, you have checked out this forum your posting in right, because every company seems to have the same stupid fan base, and they are getting more and more toxic as time goes on.

Sure every company has their own stupid fanbase but I don't know of any other company that gets defended for their awful business practices or celebrated for how much money they can milk out of their consumers.

It’s probably a bubble because everyone is inside due to COVID. 

20 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Sure every company has their own stupid fanbase but I don't know of any other company that gets defended for their awful business practices or celebrated for how much money they can milk out of their consumers.

There is a long list of businesses (some are as bad or worse) included in this very thread that I am sure you have heard of.

3 hours ago, Ertman said:

AMD

Nvidia

Intel

Microsoft

Google

Sony

Disney

Marvel

DC comics

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Toyota

Honda

GM

Ford

Tesla

Walmart

McDonald’s

... the list can go on forever

I think the point that rabid fan bases exist everywhere for just about any brand and it’s a bit naive and shows bias if we say that it’s ONLY fans of companyX.

there are walmart and mcdonalds fanboys?

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

there are walmart and mcdonalds fanboys?

sadly yes but the ones i know are fangirls or if thats offensive fanwomen or if that one is fanpeople lol

5 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

I can't think of any other company that has such die-hard fans...

Starbucks

Uggs

And hell, Ford.

6 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Strong branding will do that for you, saying that Microsoft and amazon aren't far behind at 1.5 and 1.6B. 

honestly surprised google isnt up there as well

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Obviously some of this success is based off of the recently announced switch to Apple Silicon. I have a feeling that Apple really wants the Mac to succeed. They have been giving it more attention than ever in terms of regular hardware improvements. 

The shift to Apple Silicon will bring massive savings in the production cost of Macs (10th Gen Intel Processors cost about $300+. Apple Silicon? A fraction of that). I believe Apple will want to pass down those savings to the consumer in order to increase market share of the Mac.

People like me won't be looking forward to owning an ARM based Mac bc of its software limitations (like not being able to play World of Warships on an Apple Silicon Mac), but regular Joes will see great improvements with Apple Silicon Macs.  

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 hours ago, Ertman said:

But particularly on these forums the Apple fans are clearly worse.  Any thread about anything slightly phone related and they want to turn it into a iphone good android bad discussion.  I made the mistake of saying no phones were of the same quality as they used to be, I got bombarded with posts telling me how I hate apple because the iphones are all exceptional.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

Normally I wouldn't endorse rhetoric like that, but given the last few threads where people have been defending some of their worse behaviors I'm sure it isn't entirely inaccurate.

Just watching Louis Rossman videos should be enough to convince you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

apple is a showcase of how powerful a historic name and marketing can be.

it's truly amazing to me.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Just watching Louis Rossman videos should be enough to convince you.

watching his latest series in the hearing regarding right to repair has been an eye opener.  I have yet to hear or see a rebuttal to any of the submissions from the apple camp that makes any sense.  Not even the people they hired are able to answer a question without muttering some random unrelated gibberish about safety and consumer experience.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When I see the word "Apple" in the title and the 3rd comment is...

9 hours ago, WikiForce said:

thanks to their ridiculously overpriced products and stupid fanbase

I can just feel the mods thinking...
Ah shit here we go again MEME COMPILATION - YouTube

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, mr moose said:

watching his latest series in the hearing regarding right to repair has been an eye opener.  I have yet to hear or see a rebuttal to any of the submissions from the apple camp that makes any sense.  Not even the people they hired are able to answer a question without muttering some random unrelated gibberish about safety and consumer experience.

You'd think it would have more traction, considering it appeals (or would seem to) to both conservatives and liberals (I would think.). I know it appeals to the conservatives I occasionally speak to.

I love his rants. Especially his better bike riding rants.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

40 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

You'd think it would have more traction, considering it appeals (or would seem to) to both conservatives and liberals (I would think.). I know it appeals to the conservatives I occasionally speak to.

I love his rants. Especially his better bike riding rants.

When someone does evil to combat evil, they've lost the high ground.

Louis Rossman bought counterfeit batteries to fix Apple machines. End point. Now everything he says or has ever said will be scrutinized as though he's a liar and everything he ever said was a lie. 

Conservatives and Liberals consider different things moral high grounds, and really a counterfeiter is pretty much up there with cannibalism when it comes to "crimes people commit and nobody believes happen."

5 minutes ago, Kisai said:

When someone does evil to combat evil, they've lost the high ground.

Louis Rossman bought counterfeit batteries to fix Apple machines. End point. Now everything he says or has ever said will be scrutinized as though he's a liar and everything he ever said was a lie. 

Conservatives and Liberals consider different things moral high grounds, and really a counterfeiter is pretty much up there with cannibalism when it comes to "crimes people commit and nobody believes happen."

Just because louis was wrong doesn't mean apple was right.

Also if you want to equate a repair shop importing 20 batteries to apple outright ripping off consumers then  you have lost more than the moral high ground in any discussion. 

4 hours ago, themaniac said:

honestly surprised google isnt up there as well

Nah Google doesn't have a ton of shares and they're not sold often

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?