Apple now worth TWO TRILLION US$

TheReal1980

Apple has moved in the stock market lately. Because of the stock price moving like it has the company is now worth TWO TRILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS.

aapl_2t.jpg?lossy

Apple's stock price is continuing to surge, and has risen over one percent today to push the company past $2 trillion in market capitalization by surpassing the $467.77 mark and briefly topping $468. Apple is the first U.S. company to achieve that milestone.

Just over two months ago, Apple became the first U.S. company to reach a market capitalization of $1.5 trillion, and Amazon and Microsoft have since also passed that mark. Apple was also the first to hit the $1 trillion mark just over two years ago.

No matter what you think of Apple, the products they sell or how they act against other companies, they are rollin in it. With Apple going with "Apple Silicon" they most likely will earn even more per sold mac, phone, pad. Insane.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/08/19/apple-2-trillion/

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

That is Epi― oh wait...

1 hour ago, TheReal1980 said:

Apple has moved in the stock market lately. Because of the stock price moving like it has the company is now worth TWO TRILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS.

-snip-

No matter what you think of Apple, the products they sell or how they act against other companies, they are rollin in it. With Apple going with "Apple Silicon" they most likely will earn even more per sold mac, phone, pad. Insane.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/08/19/apple-2-trillion/

Strong branding will do that for you, saying that Microsoft and amazon aren't far behind at 1.5 and 1.6B. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

6 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

thanks to their ridiculously overpriced products and stupid fanbase

Normally I wouldn't endorse rhetoric like that, but given the last few threads where people have been defending some of their worse behaviors I'm sure it isn't entirely inaccurate.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wait until AS start to roll out, I think it will become a crazy ride up after that. Of course a lot of expectations are already accounted for in current market cap but I firmly believe this is just the beginning.

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Normally I wouldn't endorse rhetoric like that, but given the last few threads where people have been defending some of their worse behaviors I'm sure it isn't entirely inaccurate.

it's all the mandatory 30% XD

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

11 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

I respectfully disagree.

I do think their computing products have been disappointing, the rest of their products and services on a whole have been pretty strong. 

As for the stupid fan base, you have checked out this forum your posting in right, because every company seems to have the same stupid fan base, and they are getting more and more toxic as time goes on.

1 minute ago, Dean0919 said:

Apple comparing to other companies have ridiculously big & most popular fanbase. It's more like a cult. I can't think of any other company that has such die-hard fans...

Nintendo

1 minute ago, Dean0919 said:

Apple comparing to other companies have ridiculously big & most popular fanbase. It's more like a cult. I can't think of any other company that has such die-hard fans...

AMD had some really bad ones 6-7 years ago.  Oh my, some of them trying to defend the 8350 and 8370 was painful.  But they have largley all settled now.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

apple - let's increase the price 10x and let the features be mostly same

consumers - let's buy 10 of them!

this is so stupid

use android people!!

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

That Epi― oh wait...

hahaaha epic games be like whaaaaa

35 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

You may call them "overpriced", but the experience is actually excellent. Haven't had such good overall experience with any Android smartphone and I had plenty and a lot of them were flagships at the time. Their AirPods are also amazing despite relatively hefty price tag (and were one of rare few that don't use dumb silicone tips which I hate, which is why I got them and use them exclusively on Windows 10 systems which is a bit ironic). Then I said, why not try Aple Watch 5 too since I'm all into Apple now and they finally added always-on display which was the reason i never even considered earlier models. A lot of people piss on it because of specs on paper and a bit higher prices (I call those people "spec whores"), but I can best describe them as "complete experience". Most Androids are all hardware specs and absolutely shitty ass software support. And that's generally the issue I've had with everything that wasn't Apple. So it's kinda easy to understand people why they get converted to Apple despite some other flaws or limitations. You may call me a fanboy if you want, I don't care.

Just so people understand this. Apple was first worth 1 trillion in Aug 2018.

It just grew as much as it had from it's inception to 2018 in 2 years in market cap.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

The thing that makes people crazy for apple is their software. They do it right for the users with just a very few awkward pieces.

I think their hardware choices actually put people off, especially the computer stuff, some iPad hardware choices and even taking the earphone jacks out of the phones. 

I think it could be more then 2 trillion if they had the will to do it. 👾

I think about how many more trillions they'd be worth if they got serious about pleasing people with the computer hardware and grabbed up the lion share of the affordable computer market. Imagine if apple dominated the home user computer sales stuff instead of windows.

Heck I'd like to jump completely from windows to apple right now but when I look at their bad pc hardware choices and the prices that go with it. 🤢 

I think they need to work some apple magic in that area.

I do love my iPad though, if it was just thicker and had a usb port it would be perfect. 😄

2 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Just so people understand this. Apple was first worth 1 trillion in Aug 2018.

It just grew as much as it had from it's inception to 2018 in 2 years in market cap.

The part I find crazy is that a matured company with an extremely high valuation with a matured product line is doubling in value in only 2 years.

Overrated company. Mostly from iPhone sales and their cult fanbase. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Intergalacticbits said:

Heck I'd like to jump completely from windows to apple right now but when I look at their bad pc hardware choices and the prices that go with it. 🤢

I agree their computer hardware is pretty bad and it doesn’t serve all of the market. An example is that all their laptops are all converging on one design, which is a mistake.

There has always been a the notion of an Apple Tax, sometime it’s not true but more often then not currently it most certainly is a thing. They used to have competitive and capable laptops that were either identical in Price to a windows based machine or even cheaper. I remembering purchasing a MBP that costs less than a any windows comparable laptop. Unfortunately that was a long time ago.

46 minutes ago, mr moose said:

AMD had some really bad ones 6-7 years ago.  Oh my, some of them trying to defend the 8350 and 8370 was painful.  But they have largley all settled now.

i will always defend the fx 6300 Kappa

Just to put a worth of $2 trillion into perspective, here is what happens when I put that number into an excel generated graph next to 3 of the other tech giants. I zoomed out as far as I could to try and get the other bars to be more than 1 pixel, I was not able to, so this graph is being generous to the other 3 I included, it should look like way less than a pixel, but that is not a thing.

The human brain doesnt really compare these numbers very well, because of how they are written out, and because the numbers are so large, I thought I would help people visualize it.

<Graph was very wrong so I have removed it to not have misinformation on this forum>

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

5 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Just to put a worth of $2 trillion into perspective, here is what happens when I put that number into an excel generated graph next to 3 of the other tech giants. I zoomed out as far as I could to try and get the other bars to be more than 1 pixel, I was not able to.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.58663567b8de10312c7ea2768ef5a072.png

The other 3 are each over 1T, Apple just hit 2T, u wot m8

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

14 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Just to put a worth of $2 trillion into perspective, here is what happens when I put that number into an excel generated graph next to 3 of the other tech giants. I zoomed out as far as I could to try and get the other bars to be more than 1 pixel, I was not able to.

The human brain doesnt really compare these numbers very well, because of how they are written out, and because the numbers are so large, I thought I would help people visualize it.

image.thumb.png.58663567b8de10312c7ea2768ef5a072.png

The Graph is wrong.

Should look like this:

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

The other 3 are each over 1T, Apple just hit 2T, u wot m8

I messed that up lol, I was under the impression that the others had waaaaay lower numbers oops, will remove graph before I get 1 million notifications skewering me for misinformation. When I looked up the numbers for each, I saw all those zeros and went "1.6 billion"

Completely my bad.

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I do not like spreading misinformation.

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

120GB SSD

Just now, Ertman said:

Graph is wrong

Ya

Windows Gaming PC

120GB SSD

120GB SSD

1 hour ago, Dean0919 said:

Apple comparing to other companies have ridiculously big & most popular fanbase. It's more like a cult. 

Sony

Nike

EA (Bioware)

Disney (Star Wars)

Undertale

Square Enix (Final Fantasy)

Nintendo (Pokemon)

Linux 

GPL (RMS)

Epic (Fortnite)

Blizzard (Overwatch, WoW)

Valve Software 

AT&T (Warner Bros in general, particularly in regards to DC brands, but also brands like Rooster Teeth, Cartoon Network brands(Steven Universe and Adventure Time) and Adult Swim (Rick and Morty))

You can find "cult" brands everywhere, but the worst brands will still be the stuff that is considered subversive even though the parent company is basically full on Evil. When I worked for eBay, the meanest non-luxury brand was in fact Warner Bros, who will go after absolutely EVERYONE for even mentioning their brands. Where as Nintendo only went after flash cart copiers and pokemon counterfeits. Nintendo is absolutely hostile to it's fanbase on Youtube though. Disney (primarily Fox) and HBO will kill it's own fans online fandom just to protect the brands from fanfiction.