COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
53 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

I already had three Moderna shots and I'd like to try the J&J booster, but not if it kills me.  The first booster for Moderna didn't go exactly that well.

I don't want to make a mistake that will be my last.

3 moderna? that is a lot. Just dont become needle happy now 😛 But having a bit variation could be nice, and how long since you took the last one.

Many right after each other isn't great, but you do you or if there is a special reason for any of it. Some of the boost would maybe not do much anyways, unless there is a reason for it. (in a risk group, vaccine vs new variant). Also there was some push back against the J&J and pfizer vaccines, while moderna being a bit strong impact. But oh well.

small links, on some topics

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-do-multiple-boosters-exhaust-our-immune-response/a-60447735

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02853-4

On 5/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, dalekphalm said:

Do you now have a 5G connection? Have you became a lizard? Do you now feel an unquenchable thirst for human babies?

Sore arm for a day, big letdown as usual. The reptilians probably assigned me to the placebo group. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

• 2 weeks later...

No mask mandate in QC anymore. 

Unless you work in a hospital. 😕

I had Covid just this April despite being double vaxxed (1x JNJ and 1x Pfizer) but nonetheless mild symptoms. I probably would've succumbed to pneumonia if I wasn't because I'm on an immunosuppressive drug.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:57 AM, Shimmy Gummi said:

When my kid turns 12, should he get the series again? Or just one "booster" of 30mcg?

Ask your kid's pediatrician for that

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I had Covid just this April despite being double vaxxed (1x JNJ and 1x Pfizer) but nonetheless mild symptoms. I probably would've succumbed to pneumonia if I wasn't because I'm on an immunosuppressive drug.

Ask your kid's pediatrician for that

They didn't have an answer lol

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

if there is no reason for it, and the path of the pandemic? if the pandemic is worse in your region or other vaccines that other EU countries have taken around that age. While you should ask personal doctor for that, but if there is less of a reason and that there might be other vaccines that could have a stronger effect (might be more risk, if younger).

most one could ask you to do, if you have done enough. is just to keep everyone healthy, "healthy food" (getting your daily needs) and some excerice to keep the body in good shape.

Edited by Quackers101

10 hours ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

upon looking it up there's only one dose for the Pfizer vaccine for both children and adults and it's 30 μg.

image.thumb.png.19e05c4b78c5a7ab8292145478891cb9.png

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

upon looking it up there's only one dose for the Pfizer vaccine for both children and adults and it's 30 μg.

image.thumb.png.19e05c4b78c5a7ab8292145478891cb9.png

It's 10mcg for 5-11.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-authorizes-pfizer-covid-booster-children-5-11-years-old-rcna28355

The booster shot is 10 micrograms, the same dosage as the primary series for the age group and a third of the dosage given to people ages 12 and up.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

So one year vaccine anniversary coming up, still waiting for those side effects amongst the millions. 

15 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

ouch, when saying what I said before. the monkey virus came.

Well lets take stock in what's going on here. We got Covid 19, the West is in a proxy war with Russia, the United States economy is sliding in to a recession. Now we got Monkey Pox. Next week NASA will find an Astroid heading towards the earth or something. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

And Bruce Willis isn't in a condition to save us. 

dr mike with dr paul from the FDA Vaccine Advisory Committee?

talking a bit about over medication and how companies kind of ruin it with vaccines for covid.

Mostly in the area of "boost now!" another booster! another booster! etc. still think we might want 3 vaccines, but to push it like they did in some areas around covid is toxic. profit over real vaccination. as with the drama around pfizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eD81eKLecg

8 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Mostly in the area of "boost now!" another booster! another booster! etc. still think we might want 3 vaccines, but to push it like they did in some areas around covid is toxic. profit over real vaccination. as with the drama around pfizer.

Here's the thing about boosters. As the virus continues to mutate, we need updated vaccines. The current booster jabs that we have are still based on the OG SARS-Cov-2 strain. While they still work on reducing hospitalizations and death, their efficacy are now declining because it bears a signature different to the circulating ones. This is not like the flu vaccine that can be updated annually without any trial because it has been given for decades already. One can hope that the Moderna bivalent booster (omicron + beta) to be release around Q4 2022 to Q1 20223.

8 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

talking a bit about over medication and how companies kind of ruin it with vaccines for covid.

Like how many doctors in far flung areas still give Ivermectin, Z-pack, and vitamin D for Covid.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, Quackers101 said:

With a 1-10% mortality? Nah I wouldn't be too worried. Besides, a vaccine is already in existence for decades.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

So one year vaccine anniversary coming up, still waiting for those side effects amongst the millions. 

"But but the mRNA vaccine will change my DNA!"

"They're gonna kill us with the AstraZeneca jab because it's a virus!"

"I heard there are people who died from CVST and pericarditis with the vaccine!"

"I would rather get the virus than the vaccine which is most likely to kill me"

The shit I have to deal with when interviewing patients. While we now have local transmission of Omicron sub-variants, there's still no evidence of community transmission just yet so our ICU and floor beds are still below full capacity.

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

As the virus continues to mutate, we need updated vaccines.

yes, and he didn't say against that. what he didn't like was the drama that companies and politicans create about getting a booster that is not for "updating your defence for new enemies". putting in the fear that you need boosters as fast as possible and keep the "immunity as high as possible" when they want to point towards vaccinating not every year but every few months. bringing fear, releasing vaccines earlier than it should, or whatever else. boosters can be fine, but feels pointless if its boosting for "nothing".

On 5/22/2022 at 9:11 AM, Quackers101 said:

yes, and he didn't say against that. what he didn't like was the drama that companies and politicans create about getting a booster that is not for "updating your defence for new enemies". putting in the fear that you need boosters as fast as possible and keep the "immunity as high as possible" when they want to point towards vaccinating not every year but every few months. bringing fear, releasing vaccines earlier than it should, or whatever else. boosters can be fine, but feels pointless if its boosting for "nothing".

I will note that while boosters based on the original strain are less effective against the new circulating variants, they're not totally ineffective either.

It's not pointless to get a booster - though if you're at low risk, the benefits are certainly limited (but still there).

Ideally, yes, we need variant specific boosters that will help with the current locally prevalent strains, but until those are available, getting the original vaccine as a booster will help.

Personally I've got the first booster. I am considering getting the second booster, and would definitely get any variant specific ones.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

depends if you consider short term or long term benefits or conditions

a bit recently published WHO on some of the topic. although might be a little view for profit as seen with the drama/leaks around pfizer.

https://www.who.int/news/item/17-05-2022-interim-statement-on-the-use-of-additional-booster-doses-of-emergency-use-listed-mrna-vaccines-against-covid-19

cdc ages, age 5 and up.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0519-covid-booster-acip.html

from china, accepted vaccine?

CONVIDECIA is based on a modified human adenovirus that expresses the spike S protein of SARS-CoV-2

https://www.who.int/news/item/19-05-2022-who-validates-11th-vaccine-for-covid-19

Edited by Quackers101

48 minutes ago, TexasBulldog74 said:

Can't believe people are still taking this useless "Vaccine"...

Why would you not be able to believe that?

Your derisive terminology is also confusing. For starters, they're vaccines, not "vaccines". Second, they're effective at reducing your risk of hospitalization and serious symptoms. No, they're not a "perfect" vaccine - but most vaccines aren't perfect.

The potential risk of the vaccine is incredibly small, and the potential gains? Well it could save your life. So yes, of course people are still taking the vaccine. Every person that takes it, helps reduce spread and seriousness of the infection.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Are we supposed to be scared of monkey pox, nuclear war with Russia or are we still on Covid? I need to know so I can place the proper emoji in my twitter bio and be accepted by society.

5 minutes ago, Ababba said:

Are we supposed to be scared of monkey pox, nuclear war with Russia or are we still on Covid? I need to know so I can place the proper emoji in my twitter bio and be accepted by society.

COVID is still here but winding down. Russia is still an issue but for the most part the conflict has stabilized, need to see if those other two countries join nato. Monkey Pox and the collapse of America’s economy are the current news cycle. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Why would you not be able to believe that?

Your derisive terminology is also confusing. For starters, they're vaccines, not "vaccines". Second, they're effective at reducing your risk of hospitalization and serious symptoms. No, they're not a "perfect" vaccine - but most vaccines aren't perfect.

The potential risk of the vaccine is incredibly small, and the potential gains? Well it could save your life. So yes, of course people are still taking the vaccine. Every person that takes it, helps reduce spread and seriousness of the infection.

"Most Vaccines aren't perfect"?  Really?  I have tons of vaccines for travel around the world for work and they actually work instead of slightly reducing symptoms at best.

45 minutes ago, TexasBulldog74 said:

"Most Vaccines aren't perfect"?  Really?  I have tons of vaccines for travel around the world for work and they actually work instead of slightly reducing symptoms at best.

I should clarify my statement. No vaccine is perfect.

The efficacy varies, depending on which specific vaccines we look at.

Some are highly effective at stopping infection and preventing transmission, some are less effective at that.

Do we need/should there be an even better COVID-19 vaccine? Sure of course. But until that exists, the current available vaccines are definitely better than nothing - especially given how safe they are.

5 hours ago, TexasBulldog74 said:

Indeed. None of those vaccines that you have are perfect either and even if they were you can't compare them to the COVID one, because they are for different diseases caused by different viruses. Their efficacy can be very high, for example due to a very slowly mutating virus or a for some reason strong lasting immune response, but they are not perfect. The well-established ones are also vaccines that have been refined and studied over long(er) periods of time for diseases that have been studied for equally long periods of time. The flu is a counter example of being well known  yet having low efficacy as it's caused by a quickly mutating virus. That's why there's a new shot every year that targets multiple variants and despite its low efficacy it is offered, because vaccines aren't a " they work or they don't" kind of thing. Any vaccine, including the ones you took for travel, will go through these same paces of figuring out how effective it is and how many shots provide optimal protection. Search this thread for polio and you'll see some of the history that has had. The vaccine that is now >=99% effective was "only" 80-90% effective when it was first deployed and could even give you polio at some point. Measles with its recent resurgence is another prime example of what can in principle happen when vaccines for highly infectious diseases are ignored by enough people for long enough.

The COVID-19 shots do more than slightly reduce symptoms and there is plenty of scientific evidence by now to back that up. Part of what makes the COVID-19 vaccine tricky is that it's a rapidly mutating and fast spreading virus and that it's a new one. Not having 100% efficacy isn't some kind of gotcha. Lessening symptoms is one of the points of a vaccine. Additionally you'll protect others around you and help slow the spread, which should slow the rate at which mutations pop up somewhat which in turn would reduce the need for frequent updates to the vaccines. There's also long-COVID that's not well understood yet, but against which vaccines seem to help as well.

People are free not to take the vaccine, but its effectiveness has been proven beyond doubt and for most it'll be as easy (or as hard I guess) as putting on a seat belt.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB