COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

We have 3 instruction days left...

2 after tomorrow so...

image.thumb.png.a7c156cd18ec0408b8e1cea341aceedf.png

oh well its fine just a bit werid.....

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

13 hours ago, Ababba said:

Are we supposed to be scared of monkey pox

Not really cuz...

• A tried and tested smallpox vaccine exists.
  • For those people who have mRNA demons in their head (in reality people shouldn't), the smallpox vaccines that are protective against monkeypox use the live attenuated virus (ACAM2000 and MVA-BN)
  • Covid-19 is still way more transmissible (I got mild covid last April despite getting a booster dose last December 2021).

nuclear war with Russia

Not really because firing nuclear weapons would just cause retaliation over and over again, hence leading to the cessation of humanity here in planet Earth. Then aliens from outer space would realize on how stupid the past denizens of planet Earth are.

are we still on Covid

Definitely. While the current vaccines based on the ancestral SARS-Cov-2 are still protective against severe disease and hospitalization, we need better vaccines that are updated to the circulating viral mutation. Moderna is on track for the bivalent booster (Beta + Omicron) but we can expect the new vaccine to be released at around Q4 2022 or Q1 2023. But vaccines aren't the only armamentarium that we use for Covid. We now have prophylactic antibodies (AstraZeneca's Evusheld) for people who had a severe reaction to any covid vaccines or those immunocompromised people who can't develop antibodies despite multiple vaccinations. We now have drugs that can be given at the early course of the disease to prevent serious complications and hasten recovery. (Merck's Molnupiravir and Pfizer's Paxlovid).

As for us, we do not see a huge influx of Covid hospitalizations and ICU admissions here in the hospital I am rotating at the moment. This is not like last year's delta variant where doctors are wearing adult diapers because they can't afford to take bathroom breaks due to the huge influx of Covid admissions and a lot of patients are dying, majority of which are unvaccinated people. I can't say the same for other countries like China though.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, TexasBulldog74 said:

"Most Vaccines aren't perfect"?  Really?  I have tons of vaccines for travel around the world for work and they actually work instead of slightly reducing symptoms at best.

Because those viruses do not mutate as often as Covid or influenza. If you have three doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine (0-1-6 months) as an adult, you're protected for decades. Yellow fever vaccines provide a near lifetime protection. Childhood MMR vaccines provide a lifetime protection because the Measles virus doesn't mutate as often.

With the case of the flu shot, the problem is that most pharma companies still rely on the outdated use of chicken eggs which can take many months. mRNA and recombinant protein vaccines from Moderna and Novavax are currently on trial promises faster manufacturing closer to the flu season, and the US NIAID is currently working on a universal flu vaccine which targets parts of the influenza virus that rarely mutates.

8 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

A tried and tested smallpox vaccine exists.

But last I heard here in the US the CDC only had like 15 million doses. There are 330 million or so people in this country. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

But last I heard here in the US the CDC only had like 15 million doses. There are 330 million or so people in this country. 

Not everyone needs to be vaccinated at the moment. It has been confirmed by NYT that the US has stockpiled 100 million doses of the smallpox vaccine. And the CDC and NIAID can easily mass produce more doses if they want to.

I understand the minor concern for Monkey Pox but this is a thread about covid-19 and its impact, let's not start to pile on unnecessary diseases in this topic to start up a vaccine argument.

Other Unnecessary comments about wokism is neither desirable. 

Keep in mind the rules of this forum and the topic specific rules put into place for this thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just got my second Pfizer 5G booster. I feel nothing this time compared last year.

Anyone realise that covid restrictions in India just died off a month ago?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:36 PM, Donut417 said:

the collapse of America’s economy

America's economy is collapsing? How so?

install gentoo

1 hour ago, .wncry said:

America's economy is collapsing? How so?

Record inflation. Housing crisis. Rising gas prices. Student Debt crisis ($1.9 Trillion in debt). The market has been very volatile. Basically if your not part of the top percentage of Americans your fucked. If we are lucky we will go in to a recession. If your not lucky, we could go in to stagflation which means recession with ever rising prices. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Well, after all this time I finally got it, was showing symptoms mid-way through the day and had a strong reaction on a rapid test yesterday.  My last booster was 7 months ago, so probably still had some benefit but wish I had a more recent one.

102F/38.8C fever for several hours, body aches, blew a bunch of yellow junk out of my nose. Finally slept, woke up to 99.6F/37.5C, but has since crept up to 100.2F/37.8C. Not much fun, and I need to quarantine and re-test in 4 days. Covid is no good, but at least I’m vaccinated…

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

53 minutes ago, tikker said:

-snip-

Excellent responses - it's crucially important to combat vaccine and other medical misinformation, and the post you are responding to is full of them. Props for including all the excellent sources as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thread cleaned.

• No conspiracy theories (hoax, bioweapon, etc...), there are PLENTY of facts published by reputable scientist and science teams,

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No conspiracy theories (hoax, bioweapon, etc...), there are PLENTY of facts published by reputable scientist and science teams,

why deleting the stuff that wasn't or was it more about the topic itself?

Edited by Quackers101

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

why deleting the stuff that wasn't or was it more about the topic itself?

There were some comments that were removed that were responding to the inaccurate & conspiracy theory claims. Those posts themselves might not have been an issue, but do contain quotes from and were responding to other deleted posts. Since they were addressing the points raised in the other posts, they also lose a lot of context without the other deleted posts. Generally speaking if somebody is posting misinformation/conspiracy theories it's best to remove the entire discussion, including responses trying to 'correct' them. If the people whose posts responding to the deleted comments want their post restored please contact me via PM and I'll see what we can work out.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@Spotty@tikker’s post should be edited and brought back as a compliant topic comment, cause:

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Excellent responses - it's crucially important to combat vaccine and other medical misinformation, and the post you are responding to is full of them. Props for including all the excellent sources as well.

Fifth day in, symptoms nearly gone, temp early normal, I can smell things a bit again because my head has decongested a bit, but I still get winded going to the kitchen to grab more water.

Really everyone, take care of yourselves, this virus is no joke and realistically I have very mild symptoms. I had my booster in November and wish so badly that I could have gotten one a month ago at the 6 month mark.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

So Ontario hospitals won't be required by law to have masks. 

Please come to Québec asap. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Anyone remember the Miami spring breakers of 2020? I now have something to tell my nephew once he grows up should he decides to violate quarantine guidelines for the next pandemic 10-15 years from now.

I tested negative on a home test yesterday, but I am still a bit lethargic and I have a bit of drainage. I haven't had a fever in about 5 days, so while I will still be wearing a mask to work for a little while as a precaution, I shouldn't be contagious anymore.

I took antihistamines the entire time, to keep myself from having lots of drainage that would get down into my lungs, and I believe that was a big help. That and staying hydrated were my two focal points.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Good messaging for parents who are concerned about the vaccines.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Good messaging for parents who are concerned about the vaccines.

not too sure about that.

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not too sure about that.

What are you not too sure about? Please be specific?

I don't see anything in the messaging that is factually incorrect, and the primary message is to speak to your doctor if you're unsure about getting a specific vaccine.