Tax Evasion Hotdog clip from Pirate software

Posted (edited)

I would love to hear Linus's (also Luke's and Dan's) reaction to this Tax Evasion Hotdog clip of Pirate software.

Is this a valid Tax write off DLL?

Tbh I am more interested in your opinion about the way he presented to deal with twitch ads.

Would you be willing to do something similar for LMG twitch? (LMG team or Colton may already be doing something better, but I rarely use twitch or watch livestreams except Wan show vods, I was just intrigued.)

@LinusTech

I wanted this to be my first merch message but not there yet Bois..

Edit: mistyped

Edit 2:  I rarely use the forum so I am not sure if this comes under General Discussion or Off Topic. Mods pls help me here.

Edit 3: I was so drowsy when I made the post. Even though I edited it twice, I forgot to mention the twitch ads part, which was why I decided to make the post in the first place.. LMAO

Edited by DrDumplingMD
Mistyped, To Add more content

That's how taxes works. He would have to pay taxes on the initial revenue given to him from Twitch ($2300).

He would then have to pay taxes on what he gets back from twitch with subs ($1700).

Even assuming he "writes off" the initial amount as an "investment" in his "business". There would still be money to pay on it.

Buying tier1 subs for his viewers would not be considered a "business expense", since it is not required for the business to actually work. At best he could argue this counts as "marketing" for his channel. But he better pray he nevers gets investigated. Because it sure sounds like tax fraud.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

That's how taxes works. He would have to pay taxes on the initial revenue given to him from Twitch ($2300).

He would then have to pay taxes on what he gets back from twitch with subs ($1700).

Even assuming he "writes off" the initial amount as an "investment" in his "business". There would still be money to pay on it.

Buying tier1 subs for his viewers would not be considered a "business expense", since it is not required for the business to actually work. At best he could argue this counts as "marketing" for his channel. But he better pray he nevers gets investigated. Because it sure sounds like tax fraud.

I am sorry if I wasted your time, I was way too drowsy when I made the post. I was actually interested in the reducing ads part more than the tax part of the discussion.