How did I do?

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
13 minutes ago, HayLo995 said:

I do not see why a 4TB would be a bad idea if there is one out there for around $220 USD with similar R/W speeds to the two I have found I would happily buy that instead I have unfortunately not found this yet.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y9GhP6/corsair-mp600-core-xt-4-tb-m2-2280-pcie-40-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-cssd-f4000gbmp600cxt

Slightly over 220 but wel its 1.5tb extra over just the 2 drives.

Again you could buy even a decent sata ssd and not notice a difference.

Hello! Thank you for reading my post.

I am currently looking for 2 gen 4 SSD I have done some level of research and I came across the (Acer Predator GM7000 512GB) as my boot drive and the (Lexar NM800 PRO 2TB) as my storage drive for games, etcetera. My budget falls at about $185 USD +- about $30 USD. My current options come in at 209.88 +tax, I would prefer to find options closer to my budget with similar or better power. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is my current spec: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TCyFL9.

Thank you!

Gotta ask, why 2 drives? I'd just get one big drive. With that budget I'd probably get a cheaper 4tb drives as the speed doesn't matter for almost all workloads.

53 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Gotta ask, why 2 drives? I'd just get one big drive. With that budget I'd probably get a cheaper 4tb drives as the speed doesn't matter for almost all workloads.

I do not see why a 4TB would be a bad idea if there is one out there for around $220 USD with similar R/W speeds to the two I have found I would happily buy that instead I have unfortunately not found this yet.

13 minutes ago, HayLo995 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y9GhP6/corsair-mp600-core-xt-4-tb-m2-2280-pcie-40-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-cssd-f4000gbmp600cxt

Slightly over 220 but wel its 1.5tb extra over just the 2 drives.

Again you could buy even a decent sata ssd and not notice a difference.

26 minutes ago, HayLo995 said:

Do you need the extra rw speeds? Most workloads won't benfirt from a faster drive, so I woudln't pay extra for things like a gen 4 drive.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you need the extra rw speeds? Most workloads won't benfirt from a faster drive, so I woudln't pay extra for things like a gen 4 drive.

I don't. I am probably just uninformed and have fallen into the trap of the consumer of big numbers means better. Without regard for overshooting what better means.