LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

9 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

@SpottySome companies will refuse to repair/replace it for free. Warranty is usually only 1 year.  In Germany the vendor must repair/replace/refund it within first 6 months after purchase, after 6 months and within 24 months you have to make it plausible that you did nothing out of spec and the issue wasn't a user-caused fault (Gewährleistung, different from warranty).

European law mandates two year warranty period.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

wow - I'm in position  362 somehow. And that's with PC being idle last days most of the time because of no WUs.

Hopefully they get servers figured out soon. Would like to see what kind of position would I get when there's no WU shortage.

So much potential computation power is "wasted" right now because of the server issues :(

12 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Let's not forget consumer law in many countries either. It must be fit for purpose, for the duration of that period.

Free repair, or replacement if it cannot be repaired anymore; and the seller/manufacturer needs to show if accidental damage was the cause of the failure.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I'mm be honest, I ain't reading 20 pages or something, so did I miss anything?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Some Dead GPUs, and talking about those, and warranty/consumer law coverages.

Not much other than that, oh and the normal WU not uploading, being rejected, or no getting any :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

32 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

@GOTSpectrum looks like extreme overclocking caught up on at least some (if not all) of the missing points and WU's.

My recognized output for 28.03. went up from the 657.613 in your race statistic to 791.074 on extreme overclocking. I hope everything smoothes out from now on :)

The daily calculation on EOC is not the same as the daily in this event, since the time zones are diffent.

Just now, Valentyn said:

Some Dead GPUs, and talking about those, and warranty/consumer law coverages.

Not much other than that, oh and the normal WU not uploading, being rejected, or no getting any :P

Sounds like another day of kevdogs law!

Sand to silicon, sillicon to sand, I lay thee to rest, in the name of the folding gods...

Wait, do we need a mass grave yet?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

No, it's not European, it's EU law. Not every European country is in the EU and not every EU territory is in Europe!

The latter requires some explanation: some Dutch Caribbean islands are technically a Dutch municipality under direct control from the Dutch Gov't. Some others are semi-independent countries within the Kingdom (not unlike the UK Commonwealth setup, but not quite the same). The French have a similar situation with their overseas territories. And come to think of it, so does Spain with their enclaves in Morocco. I know, highly confusing for those who only learned about the Revolution, Civil War and WW-I&II stuff in their History classes 😜

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Just now, Struck said:

The daily calculation on EOC is not the same as the daily in this event, since the time zones are diffent.

I mean, that is true, there is also the fact that we needed 10 use the 0300GMT time yesterday, meaning the first was for 27 hours and this one technically only covers 21. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Struck said:

The calculation for yesterday changed today at extreme overclocking. Missing WU's are now shown and are counted for. Yes, time zones are different, but i included that :)

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

Is it bad I want this as a displate?

image.png.f0950b3fe5216e20c61b5cd5f09a7041.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, Renka said:

Hopefully they get servers figured out soon. Would like to see what kind of position would I get when there's no WU shortage.

So much potential computation power is "wasted" right now because of the server issues :(

Sure is: I could bring up at least 6 other machines for folding PDQ, with potentially 5 more if F@H can be run on 1st gen Raspberry Pi's (which I doubt, but if you know better let me know!) but for lack of WU to run on them I won't.

OTOH, no-one at F@H expected anything like this gi-normous influx of folders in such short time, or they would have taken action to get stuff ready. We'll have to wait, nothing more we can do I s'pose.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

14 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Not really.

We've hit 60k active folders, or 35% of all active folders. We've got more active folders than the next top 18 teams by active folders combined.

We're almost matching PCMR's daily output per 3 hour update.
Last month we were averaging 1.1Billion points per week, so far today we've done 1.3 Billion points in 6 hours.

Some people couldn't find their name in the stats doc, but they were Ctrl+F'ing the browser window not the spreadsheet. They were included so they're all good.

Oh and LTT's weekly points graph looks rather impressive.
image.png.d9e1beedf9a42af957fbfa615bcd7922.png

Edit: Oh, and Linus1 is sending work units again.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

No, it's not European, it's EU law. Not every European country is in the EU and not every EU territory is in Europe!

The latter requires some explanation: some Dutch Caribbean islands are technically a Dutch municipality under direct control from the Dutch Gov't. Some others are semi-independent countries within the Kingdom (not unlike the UK Commonwealth setup, but not quite the same). The French have a similar situation with their overseas territories. And come to think of it, so does Spain with their enclaves in Morocco. I know, highly confusing for those who only learned about the Revolution, Civil War and WW-I&II stuff in their History classes 😜

I am aware of this..  when speaking of 'european' law, I meant the laws for european countries who are part of the European Union. I am not aware of laws which are applicable to the continent europe? and just as a side note.. "European law" programs are offered, even here in NL. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Not really.

We've hit 60k active folders, or 35% of all active folders. We've got more active folders than the next top 18 teams by active folders combined.

We're almost matching PCMR's daily output per 3 hour update.
Last month we were averaging 1.1Billion points per week, so far today we've done 1.3 Billion points in 6 hours.

Some people couldn't find their name in the stats doc, but they were Ctrl+F'ing the browser window not the spreadsheet. They were included so they're all good.

Oh and LTT's weekly points graph looks rather impressive.
image.png.d9e1beedf9a42af957fbfa615bcd7922.png

Its funny cause that hump about... er... here ^^^^ is folding month, out best month ever to date.... Lol.... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Its funny cause that hump about... er... here ^^^^ is folding month, out best month ever to date.... Lol.... 

Yeah... We've shit all over that.
And this is with all the server/work unit issues.

Oh and btw lots of people have been reporting not getting credit due to it going to the Collection Server instead of the Work Server. Just something to keep in mind if people start asking you why their points aren't showing up.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Damn, just looking over the numbers, we cleared more point in the last week than we did it the whole of folding month, and the event hadn't really even started yet...

WOO!!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Spotty said:

Yeah... We've shit all over that.
And this is with all the server/work unit issues.

Oh and btw lots of people have been reporting not getting credit due to it going to the Collection Server instead of the Work Server. Just something to keep in mind if people start asking you why their points aren't showing up.

Yeah I've been following the Brice says a correction will happen at some point. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

50 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@Metallus97 made two guides about this for two different services, Check the folding section on the forum! 

Yes I know. Still, I am working on other offers form a different company.

55 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Warranty by law is not the same as the voluntary product warranty the manufacturer can provide. Same word, two different things. In English both is called warranty, we have a different term for the law-enforcable warranty here (Gewährleistung). The latter I described in the post you quoted, basically you repeated what I said...

Not points in day 2 due to having a 24+ hours WU and not being able to fold 24/day.

But today I will have points 😎

18 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Not a problem!

Let me know how you get on. 

so, seems like I've delivered 3 WUs through my GPU just fine over night, should I still reduce the clock speed?

Just now, Saimen said:

so, seems like I've delivered 3 WUs through my GPU just fine over night, should I still reduce the clock speed?

If all seems fine then go right ahead!

PS are you running the beta flag? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Warranty by law is not the same as the voluntary product warranty the manufacturer can provide. Same word, two different things. In English both is called warranty, we have a different term for the law-enforcable warranty here (Gewährleistung.)

but.. If that GPU broke within 24 months and was purchased under EU law, and the product breaks/faults without any obvious user damage, it will be replaced as is written under EU consumer law / rights.