LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

@GOTSpectrum

I've reactivated this account after not really visiting this forum for a few years, since then my my goto online name changed and I'd like to change my forum name. This would probably fuck with your data sheet, so is it best to wait until the event ends, or can I go ahead after giving you a heads up? I'd be changine it to "Knuschberkeks", same as my folding name.

Also: sounds like you could use some sleep. Look after yourself man, the event can't take priority over your health!

12 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

If I ever get to build my dream home, Everything is gonna be 20 amp.

I "overbuilt" the power on my home but no regrets 20 years later. The backyard alone ended up getting lighting, an outdoor kitchen, hottub, and a band stage with all of the needed power to support a concert. Best decision.

2 minutes ago, Saimen said:

@GOTSpectrum

I've reactivated this account after not really visiting this forum for a few years, since then my my goto online name changed and I'd like to change my forum name. This would probably fuck with your data sheet, so is it best to wait until the event ends, or can I go ahead after giving you a heads up? I'd be changine it to "Knuschberkeks", same as my folding name.

Also: sounds like you could use some sleep. Look after yourself man, the event can't take priority over your health!

Please for the love of god change nothing! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Yujah said:

This thread's too busy to respond without quoting:

Definitely. We should probably try to keep support type questions in their own threads, and leave this for more general discussion. But we're probably too far down the rabbit hole at this point 😂

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Please for the love of god change nothing! 

understood. will wait until after the event.

1 hour ago, Victor Golf said:

It's kinda frustrating when everything you have is folding 24/7 and you still go down on the team leaderboard because so many people with better hardware are also folding... 

Hey... last time I was folding (~15 years ago] I was in a single room bachelor box sweating my ass off with a 7-8 PCs and it took years to reach to ~3M points... now I made it to 10M milestone in less than a week... and I am very much ok with that... 😂

...I am sure you will speed up eventually... maybe it takes 15 years, maybe it takes 15 days... but you can do it 😘

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

well I am cooking XD 

the temp sensors are the inside case temp and the outside intake 

image.thumb.png.81df145a4ba7c6cad4c7d73ccdd2b961.png

image.thumb.png.53392a02d4c66b7e0def4fbb360063dd.png

22 minutes ago, Zoravar said:

You can. That's what my wall mounted air conditioners use.  It just uses a different type of breaker (the wider ones that look like they have two handles linked together) and is wired a little differently.  It also uses a different shaped plug to keep you from plugging 120V devices into 240V. 

Both 120V and 240V can be 20A circuits. Personally I wish more houses in the US used 20A circuits. It's basically the standard in commercial but only 15A in residential.

Edit:  The 15A 240V plug with 20A 240V socket

Every time I see a socket from across the pond I laugh my ass off at how they look.  It's like a constant scream xD.

Don't most not have the earth like that plug over there?  I'd imagine they're wobbly as hell in the socket.

Just now, TheDude92 said:

I kept telling myself to go in and get a 5700 XT....

For the sake of the high PPD numbers I forgive you... even while being an AMD fan :P 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Metallus97 said:

For the sake of the high PPD numbers I forgive you... even while being an AMD fan :P 

To make you feel better I do have a 3950X 😀

A Mazda on its roof goes WOOZ WOOZ.

2 minutes ago, TheDude92 said:

To make you feel better I do have a 3950X 😀

❤️ how much does it pull? I got a 3900X on Linux and it does round about 500k PPD.

5 minutes ago, ViscountStyx said:

Every time I see a socket from across the pond I laugh my ass off at how they look.  It's like a constant scream xD.

Don't most not have the earth like that plug over there?  I'd imagine they're wobbly as hell in the socket.

xD Yeah, the round peg is the earth.  A number of devices do have it, but not everything.  The ones that don't are supposed to be double insulated, so a seperate ground isn't supposed to be as necessary.  But I still prefer it when they are solidly grounded.

I definelty think the UK socket is a better socket.

13 minutes ago, AppleRebel said:

Try using openhardware monitor. https://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

it was updated recently and it's showing my Rysen hardware including motherboard properly.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6d1dea9596ccff65a8e1a0a17bdefcc5.pngimage.png.00cee61a20552f1a6d08f1e12e026690.png

Thanks for that one! I was searching something better for my A8-5600k what never worked too well with Aida64 :)

Just now, Zoravar said:

xD Yeah, the round peg is the earth.  A number of devices do have it, but not everything.  The ones that don't are supposed to be double insulated, so a seperate ground isn't supposed to be as necessary.  But I still prefer it when they are solidly grounded.

I definelty think the UK socket is a better socket.

If anything, the UK had developed, without a question of doubt, THE most painful plug to step on.  And it always defaults to being "pins up" when it's on the ground.

Every stood on Lego?  Multiply it 1000x.  Pain.

27 minutes ago, Yujah said:

Have been getting GPU WUs quite literally back to back for the past two days now. Wonder what the difference is (the GPU's a GTX 970 in my case).

Mine gets stuck for hours on end after every WU I complete, 1070.  No matter what I do, restarting the PC or restarting F@H.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

❤️ how much does it pull? I got a 3900X on Linux and it does round about 500k PPD.

It's been contributing more than my RX 470 tbh. Around 600k PPD. Usually a little more.

2 minutes ago, ViscountStyx said:

If anything, the UK had developed, without a question of doubt, THE most painful plug to step on.  And it always defaults to being "pins up" when it's on the ground.

My foot hurts thinking about it.

9 minutes ago, ViscountStyx said:

Oh god... I did that the other day....

Please, I beg all the gods of the heavens that that never happens again

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, TheDude92 said:

It's been contributing more than my RX 470 tbh. Around 600k PPD. Usually a little more.

yeha its pretty insane how fast CPUs have gotten. I want some numbers on a 3990x 😮 but I guess you have to split that up because I dont think there will be WUs that support 128t

5 minutes ago, ViscountStyx said:

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Oh god... I did that the other day....

Please, I bag all the gods of the heavens that that never happens again

I have small kids. I have learned that house shoes are a must.

17 minutes ago, TheDude92 said:

image.png.a21870064ea3f72f36f2acc34d5026ff.png

I kept telling myself to go in and get a 5700 XT....

It's alright - I bought 2 5700XTs to balance out your 2080Ti. Now if only UPS would deliver on weekends ...

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

yeha its pretty insane how fast CPUs have gotten. I want some numbers on a 3990x 😮 but I guess you have to split that up because I dont think there will be WUs that support 128t

I was actually reading up on other posts elsewhere about it. If you set multiple CPU slots for it you will pull in more PPD