LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 hour ago, ShortRouter said:

No warranty will cover 24/7 usage at full load. No consumer graphics card is certified for that.

In The EU it will totally be covered for the full 2 legally required years.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Due to the fact that in my tired state I will struggle to remember the clocks have changed the event has now moved to BST, so we will be running on GMT+1

Hope this is okay with everyone!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Big thanks to everyone organizing the event and helping with the tech support and answering questions!

Is there a way to cap the maximum time delay to check for WUs? I'm finding it kinda annoying to wake up and find that my best GPU has been sitting idle for six hours, and is going to be waiting another 2 hours before it checks again for work.

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

are you running the beta flag? 

I don't know, how do I find out?

Just now, Mike The Fool said:

Big thanks to everyone organizing the event and helping with the tech support and answering questions!

Is there a way to cap the maximum time delay to check for WUs? I'm finding it kinda annoying to wake up and find that my best GPU has been sitting idle for six hours, and is going to be waiting another 2 hours before it checks again for work.

I've got 4 systems that I have to remote into every couple of hours to check if they're working or not. If they've got a high next attempt time I find pausing, waiting 10 seconds and starting again seems to reset it 

8 hours ago, rkv_2401 said:

Ah, I remember when I had a laptop in 2008 with a Core 2 Duo and an nVidia 8400M GS. That was one of the first low-end graphic cards I've used that could run videos at 1080p without stuttering. I mean, technically, the 7100GS should have been able to? But the machine I put it in had a 1.6Ghz Sempron, so it was glitchy at best.

I'm going to run Rosetta@home on my Surface, and leave this machine for folding. ✌️

If my 8400 GS got the responde of "not supported" I suppose what a 7100 GS should get the same... well, not everything can fold! At least my test in that E2160 seems to work as a CPU folding machine, but still deciding if its worth the power.

2 minutes ago, Mike The Fool said:

Nope, that is by design to protect the servers fyi. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Shigeru said:

If my 8400 GS got the responde of "not supported" I suppose what a 7100 GS should get the same... well, not everything can fold! At least my test in that E2160 seems to work as a CPU folding machine, but still deciding if its worth the power.

GTX 500 series is the current oldest supported card I believe for team green.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, walderston said:

upto 6 years in England and its pretty easy to claim. 

Many manufacturers will argue about what the Expected lifespan of a product is due to the wording of the law being shitty

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Best part of all this i love is:

LTT posts a video on 3/22  Users active folding for LTT @ 18k 

by 3/28 Active LTT Users skyrocketed to 60K 

What a way to bring the international community together.

Main Rig -- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus Tuf Gaming X570-plus (Wifi) | 4 x 8gb DDR4 G Skill Trident Z 3600Mhz | Nvidia 2060 Super | Thermaltake Lvl 20 HT | Firecuda 520 500 gb m.2 | Thermaltake 1050 Platinum | Dual Asus VG279Q Monitors

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

GTX 500 series is the current oldest supported card I believe for team green.

That makes sense, thanks! (so I dont worry about testing my old 9600 GSO with that) and in the AMD real I suppose what my old HD 5750 must be in the same situation.. so I only have my poor GeForce GT 1030 for GPU folding XD

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Due to the fact that in my tired state I will struggle to remember the clocks have changed the event has now moved to BST, so we will be running on GMT+1

Hope this is okay with everyone!

I'm surprised you know what day it is,let alone time?  Newbie to the forum ( been long time lurker) and think its fantastic how people have come together for this and with so much negativity around the world most of the time, this warms my soul. A big thanks to everyone!

Just now, Shigeru said:

That makes sense, thanks! (so I dont worry about testing my old 9600 GSO with that) and in the AMD real I suppose what my old HD 5750 must be in the same situation.. so I only have my poor GeForce GT 1030 for GPU folding XD

I know the HD 7950 is supported from personal experience, but can't comment on anything older than that

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Many manufacturers will argue about what the Expected lifespan of a product is due to the wording of the law being shitty

Apple (don't hate me) doesn't. Recently had a 5yr 8 month MacBook Pro (again don't hate me) replaced due to a faulty battery. It was easy to confrim it was a defect due to the cycle counts and battery health etc. They just replaced the machine instead of changing the battery. 

Aorus X570 Xtreme | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme  | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14

1 minute ago, MVKirner said:

I'm surprised you know what day it is,let alone time?  Newbie to the forum ( been long time lurker) and think its fantastic how people have come together for this and with so much negativity around the world most of the time, this warms my soul. A big thanks to everyone!

Thank you are the kind works, half the time I don't know what day it is LMFAO, luckily the sheet is designed to be operated by an idiot/Very tired Spec. Bunch of safeguards build in to let me know when I do something stupid. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

In The EU it will totally be covered for the full 2 legally required years.

Again, it's not that simple. As I said, here is the law: first 6 months the seller has to prove you did something wrong to decline, 6 moths after purchase YOU have to prove you did nothing wrong. I live in the EU and I studied the law. I also have first-hand experience with shops declining warranty and the struggle to get them to fix / replace / refund as stated in the law, including threatening court action.

Just now, walderston said:

Apple (don't hate me) doesn't. Recently had a 5yr 8 month MacBook Pro (again don't hate me) replaced due to a faulty battery. It was easy to confrim it was a defect due to the cycle counts and battery health etc. They just replaced the machine instead of changing the battery. 

Apple are much kinder in the UK(and europe as a whole) than the US as the EUs white paper on the laws regarding right-to-repair are already bad enough for them, if they start being dicky here like in the US the EU will clamp down and they will be fucked. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I know the HD 7950 is supported from personal experience, but can't comment on anything older than that

Speaking of that the HD 7560D included in my A8-5600K can`t work, tries but the WUs fails, already refresh the drivers and everything and no avail, so I just leave that slot paused.

10 minutes ago, walderston said:

Was your laptop part of one of the replace programs Apple warranted? Been a few series which get replaced for free.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Apple are much kinder in the UK(and europe as a whole) than the US as the EUs white paper on the laws regarding right-to-repair are already bad enough for them, if they start being dicky here like in the US the EU will clamp down and they will be fucked. 

That is one of the things I am jealous about the EU. Here in the states, the gov't will let a company F you over hard.  In the EU they're like " no way pal, Do I need to come down there and sort things out for you?" 

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Nope, that is by design to protect the servers fyi. 

Fair enough. It'd be nice to be able to cap it at like, half an hour, but I could see how letting users change the setting would lead to major issues.

16 minutes ago, AVE-Services said:

I've got 4 systems that I have to remote into every couple of hours to check if they're working or not. If they've got a high next attempt time I find pausing, waiting 10 seconds and starting again seems to reset it 

Yeah, I do this manually when I'm up and around, just haven't yet mastered the ability to interact with my computer from the dream realm 😀

Anyone else using a 5700XT? Not sure if this is normal, but it will ramp up for about 30 seconds and then will ramp down for about 60 seconds.

My Folding Stats

My BOINC Stats

VelosterN:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 32GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 6750 XT OC

Corsair Crystal Series 680x RGB - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB NVMe - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe - Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5" SSD X2

EVGA P2 80+ Platinum 850Watt PSU - BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Corsair K70 LUX - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Sennheiser HD599 - Blue Yeti Mic

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

BettyBoop:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 16GB - Asus ROG Strix Gaming 5500 XT - Fractal Design Core 500

Samsung 860 Pro 512GB Sata - EVGA 550GM 80+ Gold 550Watt SFX PSU - be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2

HTPC:

Intel i7 6700K - Asus Maximus Hero VIII - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 16GB - MSI RX480 Gaming-X 8GB - Cooler Master 932 HAF

Seagate 250GB HDD - EVGA G2 80+ Gold 650Watt PSU - Corsair H100i

Windows 10 Professional Version 21H2

1 minute ago, HaRdLy007 said:

Anyone else using a 5700XT? Not sure if this is normal, but it will ramp up for about 30 seconds and then will ramp down for about 60 seconds.

Fans or gpu usage?