LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

I have 2 more pcs that I could be running but I am out of outlets. As it is If I get two workloads on 2 of my rigs at once and the cards ramp up, the pcs crash cause of the draw. I may just shut my server down and move a rig over there.

2 minutes ago, bafo_ah said:

It doesn't matter, just remember, if random people appear with a better hardware, YOU are the reason they to that, and all of that for good cause.. you're a hero, not all hero have a top-notch gear, sometime a hero just need old-crappy shit piece of hardware to inspire other 🤣🤣🤣

Cheer, and keep folding

p.s. when check sheet, just don't look the rank - before search you can move sheet a little bit to the right so your most left column is forum username

Indeed! Here I`m folding with and old A8-5600k, a Phenom II X4 965 with and 1030 GT, an old i5 2310 and E2160 for the lols :)

1 minute ago, LFreeman said:

I have 2 more pcs that I could be running but I am out of outlets. As it is If I get two workloads on 2 of my rigs at once and the cards ramp up, the pcs crash cause of the draw. I may just shut my server down and move a rig over there.

the best part at the EU 240V or even 400V instead of 110V that means half the Ampere on the powerlines and less energy waste 😉

4 minutes ago, bafo_ah said:

It doesn't matter, just remember, if random people appear with a better hardware, YOU are the reason they to that, and all of that for good cause.. you're a hero, not all hero have a top-notch gear, sometime a hero just need old-crappy shit piece of hardware to inspire other 🤣🤣🤣

Cheer, and keep folding

p.s. when check sheet, just don't look the rank - before search you can move sheet a little bit to the right so your most left column is forum username

Yeah I know it doesn't matter. Just gives me another reason to save for upgrades. Big upgrade coming for me when next gen GPU's and next gen zen hits.

1 minute ago, Victor Golf said:

Yeah I know it doesn't matter. Just gives me another reason to save for upgrades. Big upgrade coming for me when next gen GPU's and next gen zen hits.

Oh yeah me too... waiting for a 4800x and a 3800Ti /3900 Would be gr8 if AMD can deliver the Nvidia killer but I dont think that they can reach the top of the line... but it would be awesome 

3 minutes ago, Duffbro said:

the best part at the EU 240V or even 400V instead of 110V that means half the Ampere on the powerlines and less energy waste 😉

Yeah yeah. I am half tempted to run to the hardware store and buy the stuff to run another circuit. I have 4 more spots in my breaker box...

3 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

Yeah yeah. I am half tempted to run to the hardware store and buy the stuff to run another circuit. I have 4 more spots in my breaker box...

I have plenty of space....EdCn85IxFcM3zuLrdjjxtTseKNktzQjibSG0Ficodw1DGCvXs5PXiCBRF-11aR4OXTfchdWOfeeV8Nxtf86-Dv0zNWC-cWjvhLfGd0vt0zO_M0vcrQOS44-7Zt3sFWaTpW0ie3pMpHYF23xhDXW58G7vUfJVBHGwPPJpsOuaTzRzXEEGCCXyCfDliqShapC0omR24tk-R2IRaHC0sgvZjx7uZ2owNfkr8vlrir-eC1yhTSDwMKLT6WTbUATTTZ5wpXrzoKqk_0vVh_oODcsSQ0KtGrzUdLcUtHAe3Zqvqmy55k7mg95sQWadb4Zojl-IKmdPBlPr_2dGIJMDQwPMkMHaMd1m3zb6vdsom8qFPSHudCD2JlXOAS4cinuiKhxSYa3Z1cd3sWuowvGp53Gj7cAqNKcpeGRq4qAfz4LWR32FZZpAcZeVRGuVwFZFk-gm5_nDOk-SwmVFUrGfF4jcGumEq_BTPzp88J0MQwZs0i9o1QlNGnm_yKhRnDdxcBzdDUFWUmAno2jvIQ_0gio5UxkH9KJQaJ5XkbVT_-_qeuiQ7P6R_imHsJ7yYf0B5xc4fWmO276F7lS6-_AIPcg753y4H89sh_vaSqQY3vD0v-yOvoijpQ6HCGDQZsks4mv5WibOMgDPEGikQ3lLtrmwOOWAmLfWpHuQGXazs8s3U0eOnrjhDgBEKyvZ6d1MwbA=w973-h1297-no

3 minutes ago, Supporterino said:

hi guys,

it seems like stats on the f@h site are broken again. But I can't find myself on https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/individual_list.php it always it can't find me. Is there any trick to get your user information there ? My foldingname is Supporterino.

Thanks in advance

Are you just starting?

First lets double-check your configuration

Spoiler

fahconf.png.a64df9e3cea508c1bb5ec3dde537a4d2.png

You must make sure you joining LTT team team number 223518 (this is important)

Then, passion is the key🤣  (EOC update their list every 3 hours)

Here FAQ from EOC

Q: Why don't we have user (individual) stats for our team?
A: Individual stats are added when the team's rank reaches at least 800. It is possible for individuals to be added sooner based on their team's production and movement. Most active teams have their members auto-added around a team rank of 1,200 - 2,000. If you *really* want yours added sooner, contact me directly and I can change it manually.

Q: I'm on Team 0 and I don't have user (individual) stats?
A: Because of the large number of people on that pseudo-team, I only process people on Team 0 with a team rank of 2,000 or better.

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stay Folding. Stay at home!

4 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

I have the same problem. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to add new circuits at the moment.  However, my loads were definitely too high for one. So I rearranged some of the loads this morning to balance things out.  Unfortunately this means running an extension cord across the room to get to the other circuit. 240V would have definelty solved the issue. But oh well, I only need this solution to work for a couple weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Duffbro said:

I have plenty of space....

10 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

I wonder if it would be worth it to run a 20 amp circuit. Also really curious if you can actually run 240V in north america since that's what comes into the house.

Only problem I have is waiting for WUs to get distributed cos man their servers are beyond crippled right now lol.  Have been for weeks even before this LTT event.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

13 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

I wonder if it would be worth it to run a 20 amp circuit. Also really curious if you can actually run 240V in north america since that's what comes into the house.

You can. That's what my wall mounted air conditioners use.  It just uses a different type of breaker (the wider ones that look like they have two handles linked together) and is wired a little differently.  It also uses a different shaped plug to keep you from plugging 120V devices into 240V. 

Both 120V and 240V can be 20A circuits. Personally I wish more houses in the US used 20A circuits. It's basically the standard in commercial but only 15A in residential.

Edit:  The 15A 240V plug with 20A 240V socket

IMG_20200329_121430.thumb.jpg.f6eda3c18a53f2844c4270e55466ed62.jpg

56 minutes ago, Gamerx007 said:

I don't know about all of you I am one of the unlucky ones

because I have to sleep in the same room as both my desktop and my laptop as they both are folding continuously

my bedroom has been anywhere from 80 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit

sleeping has been brutal

and the only cooling that I have is a fan in my window :( 

We're still waiting for spring weather here (still around 5C) which is my luck, because with my 400W 'heater' it's comfortable in my bedroom/workroom if I don't turn on any actual heater. Whcih is good because I don't have much of a heater anyway.

Honestly though, if it was really hot here I wouldn't fold all day, maybe not even at all. 

4 minutes ago, Zoravar said:

You can. That's what my wall mounted air conditioners use.  It just uses a different type of breaker (the wider ones that look like they have two handles linked together) and is wired a little differently.  It also uses a different shaped plug to keep you from plugging 120V devices into 240V. 

Both 120V and 240V can be 20A circuits. Personally I wish more houses in the US used 20A circuits. It's basically the standard in commercial but only 15A in residential.

If I ever get to build my dream home, Everything is gonna be 20 amp.

5 minutes ago, Zoravar said:

Also being in NA you gotta make sure your equipment is able to run at both. My monitors can't

8 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Only problem I have is waiting for WUs to get distributed cos man their servers are beyond crippled right now lol.  Have been for weeks even before this LTT event.

Have been getting GPU WUs quite literally back to back for the past two days now. Wonder what the difference is (the GPU's a GTX 970 in my case).

Ok, this may not be the proper place for this, but, this did happen during folding. 
How the F did my CPU hit 7ghz?! 
Ryzen 2700x on AIO 120mm cooler master. 

7497E24C-B564-457A-9282-28BEDD131FBB.jpeg

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

Just wonky sensor readings for some reason.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, MedicTim78 said:

How the F did my CPU hit 7ghz?! Ryzen 2700x on AIO 120mm cooler master.

Don't know why it's displayed but can assure you that it didn't. LOL.

Would you think  this a precursor to a failure or just Nothing to worry about?

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

15 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

Yes Phase1 to Phase2 240v would work ! it makes no difference for electronics if it is Phase1 to N 240v or Phase1 to Phase2 240v

3 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

Also being in NA you gotta make sure your equipment is able to run at both. My monitors can't

That's very true. Fortunately my two dell monitors can, so my setup is ready for 240V.  Unfortunately, I don't see 240V becoming common any time soon. But 20A certainly could be and I would like it to.

Personally I'd feel it nothing to worry about; just a case of whatever software you are using to monitor not ye being 2700X-aware.

1 minute ago, MedicTim78 said:

Would you think  this a precursor to a failure or just Nothing to worry about?

This thread's too busy to respond without quoting: personally I'd feel it nothing to worry about; just a case of whatever software you are using to monitor not ye being 2700X-aware.