4070 Super vs 4070 Ti Super vs 7900 GRE vs 7900XTX

Aereldor

Hi all. I have a 4k 120fps OLED tv that I got for super cheap due to a pricing error, and I'm looking to build a PC that's equal to the task. I plan on using upscaling to meet my resolution and fps target.

I have 3 deals I'm looking at right now.

4070 Super for $550

7900 GRE for $550

4070 Ti Super for $780

7900XTX for $850

Which of the 3 is the best deal? I'm most tempted to get the 4070 Super because saving $300 is well worth it to me. 

Weighing slightly in favour of NVidia because of better upscaling tech, but not too hard because XeSS looks and runs great on AMD GPUs

4070 Ti Super is ~20% faster than 4070 Super at 4K according to TPU, and from your prices it's 40% more expensive so imo it's not worth. Same for the 7900 XTX, about 44% faster but 54% more expensive. It isn't as egregious but questionable.

imo get the 4070 Super, you'd probably want to use some sort of upscaling to hit the 4k 120fps framerate. If you're into overclocking then the 7900 GRE can match the 4070 Ti Super in raster performance.

this is a pretty big price difference, but i would get the  7900GRE, best value gpu out of those all

7 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

4070 Ti Super is ~20% faster than 4070 Super at 4K according to TPU, and from your prices it's 40% more expensive so imo it's not worth. Same for the 7900 XTX, about 44% faster but 54% more expensive. It isn't as egregious but questionable.

imo get the 4070 Super, you'd probably want to use some sort of upscaling to hit the 4k 120fps framerate. If you're into overclocking then the 7900 GRE can match the 4070 Ti Super in raster performance.

It's going in a tiny Mini ITX case and the only place for me to put it is pretty flush on a wall shelf so overclocking might not be the best idea lol.

Reconsidering a little because prices have shifted- no more 4070 super for $550, it's up to $600 now. 

4070 Ti Super is $800

7900 XTX is still $850

How mini, and what kind of ventilation would be the questions to ask.

It could be something like a P200 air fully kitted with fans, or just some Chinese small ass case with one fan something Dan case and shitty in internal volume / space. A lot of difference, so to put it to context, what case?

Some ITX cases aren't actually bringing your GPU performance down. For sober fact, the P200a I just spoke about, had the BEST GPU temp performance back in its heyday on the TPU review.

46 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's going in a tiny Mini ITX case and the only place for me to put it is pretty flush on a wall shelf so overclocking might not be the best idea lol.

Overclocking the memory specifically in case of 7900 GRE as that is the most limiting factor on this card.

image.thumb.png.802d5064b0a900fa283b22ac6d5dee98.png

Where is the 4070 Super for 550?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

8 hours ago, WereCat said:

Overclocking the memory specifically in case of 7900 GRE as that is the most limiting factor on this card.

Holy shit that's absolutely mad. I had no idea there was THAT MUCH of a difference! It's insane that a $550 GPU outperforms an $800 one with a simple overclock.

8 hours ago, Motifator said:

How mini, and what kind of ventilation would be the questions to ask.

It could be something like a P200 air fully kitted with fans, or just some Chinese small ass case with one fan something Dan case and shitty in internal volume / space. A lot of difference, so to put it to context, what case?

Some ITX cases aren't actually bringing your GPU performance down. For sober fact, the P200a I just spoke about, had the BEST GPU temp performance back in its heyday on the TPU review.

It's a Fractal Ridge! It's going to be sitting against the wall but I believe the side that has the GPU I can face away from the wall. 

I've been looking into overclocking and - 

8 hours ago, WereCat said:

After learning this, it seems an overclocked 7900 XTX puts up an admirable fight against the RTX 4090. Currently you can get one for under $900. Wouldn't this make it kind of obscene value? 

3 hours ago, Aereldor said:

It's a Fractal Ridge! It's going to be sitting against the wall but I believe the side that has the GPU I can face away from the wall. 

I've been looking into overclocking and - 

After learning this, it seems an overclocked 7900 XTX puts up an admirable fight against the RTX 4090. Currently you can get one for under $900. Wouldn't this make it kind of obscene value? 

7900 XTX for $850 is a good value vs RTX 4080 Super but it IS $300 more than the 7900 GRE so it's up to you to decide if you want to spend that much money.

Gre with a oc slaps 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper