LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

21 minutes ago, Donut Dan said:

once again, the folding site is certain that I don't exist

You're searching for teams, not users...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

You're searching for teams, not users...

I was just about to say this!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Indeed, that was clear for my 8400 GS after the first 192.0.2.1, but thanks for the additional information! :D

Note; on reading back that quote I noticed that while, yes, HD7730+ is GCN1, earlier discrete HD 7000 cards are TeraScale 3 and earlier APU-variants TeraScale 2 and should in the context of this thread, double precision math, therefore also work.

AMD's branding was rather confusing at that point, but this would be to say that we here get to summarize simply as "HD 5830+ and HD 6930+". Original post edited...

Had a WU that completed but did not upload. Finally got it uploaded:

https://i.gyazo.com/656cb842a0cfe34590278ead264b3fc3.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

19 minutes ago, Favebook said:

If you do not know what beta flag is or if you are running it, DW, you are not running it. It's an additional option in Expert options which Beta testers use.

They test WUs which pass Alpha phase, and then if it passes Beta standards, they pass it to Advanced after which it goes to public (no flag needed - this is what most users run).

thanks

Is this the twitter version of kicking a man when he's down, yes. Does that bother me, no.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Is this the twitter version of kicking a man when he's down, yes. Does that bother me, no.

definitely lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

definitely lol

Well I gotta have some fun between the massive stress of updates! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@Twitter and say if we get 100 billion F@H points in the month of April they have to add an edit button /s

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well I gotta have some fun between the massive stress of updates! 

I don't know how you do it...

I remember the last folding event you were all over lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

I don't know how you do it...

I remember the last folding event you were all over lol

The last folding event was nothing compared to this bad boi! 

The trick is dedication, caffeine, alcohol and finally, not sleeping unless it is 100% required! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Gamerx007 said:

Just asking and I know that badge assignment is a royal pain

are we going to be having our badges updated and I am just asking 

Not if you post in the wrong thread...

If anyone is eligible for a new F@H or BOINC badge please post in the badge request thread (requirements listed on first post)

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 3/28/2020 at 12:48 AM, ViscountStyx said:

GODAMNIT.

image.png.a34bd8d4c92086854b4663866f4b0ace.png

Smashed it yesterday.

image.png.ba7abe4ee03fc279e6dbba50144622c4.png

Nearly had 800k 😢

Shall see if I can hit 1 mil.

I don't know about all of you I am one of the unlucky ones

because I have to sleep in the same room as both my desktop and my laptop as they both are folding continuously

my bedroom has been anywhere from 80 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit

sleeping has been brutal

and the only cooling that I have is a fan in my window :( 

1 minute ago, Gamerx007 said:

I don't know about all of you I am one of the unlucky ones

because I have to sleep in the same room as both my desktop and my laptop as they both are folding continuously

my bedroom has been anywhere from 80 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit

sleeping has been brutal

and the only cooling that I have is a fan in my window :( 

I like the white noise my computer makes. Also have a window to open and it still freezes here at night. 

It's kinda frustrating when everything you have is folding 24/7 and you still go down on the team leaderboard because so many people with better hardware are also folding... 

Just now, Victor Golf said:

It's kinda frustrating when everything you have is folding 24/7 and you still go down on the team leaderboard because so many people with better hardware are also folding... 

Yeah i keep getting 0 points at update despite running my computer and 5 VMs with P100s. I have no idea whats going on but I'm getting very discouraged again

3 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

I like the white noise my computer makes. Also have a window to open and it still freezes here at night. 

same here except we have been been having 60o F  nights with lots of rain so much humidity 😅

and I almost for got sever thunderstorms 

@NarielleD. Thank you for the compliment.   the colour scheme  was inspired by bitwit's hotline PC that he built on his channel.  it took me over a year and a half to build just because i spent too much time deciding which parts to go for. the motherboard alone took me  5 months to decide on 🤣 

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

Just now, Gamerx007 said:

same here except we have been been having 60o F  nights with lots of rain so much humidity 😅

Well, I have two desktops running 24/7 in my bedroom... in the hotters sometimes I alternate powering down one of the two while spleeping but yeah... I love the white noise of the systems :)

19 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

Yeah i keep getting 0 points at update despite running my computer and 5 VMs with P100s. I have no idea whats going on but I'm getting very discouraged again

My problem is old hardware. GPU's are a 7950 and a 760. CPU is a 6600K.

15 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

It doesn't matter, just remember, if random people appear with a better hardware, YOU are the reason they to that, and all of that for good cause.. you're a hero, not all hero have a top-notch gear, sometime a hero just need old-crappy shit piece of hardware to inspire other 🤣🤣🤣

Cheer, and keep folding

p.s. when check sheet, just don't look the rank - before search you can move sheet a little bit to the right so your most left column is forum username

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stay Folding. Stay at home!

I have 2 more pcs that I could be running but I am out of outlets. As it is If I get two workloads on 2 of my rigs at once and the cards ramp up, the pcs crash cause of the draw. I may just shut my server down and move a rig over there.