How to get a girlfriend????

VirusDumb
Go to solution Solved by dizmo,

Haha, I'd never have thought of dating a girl that was younger than me when I was in my teens, but each to their own I suppose.

I'm going to assume that the way you worded your post is more of a result of a lack of English; you don't make someone your girlfriend.

If her friend was crushing on your brother, I'm sure she didn't need much persuasion to hang out with him ;)

Anyway, I'll give you a few tips:

• Be yourself. If she doesn't like you for you, move on.
  • Go up to her and say hi. Ask her how she's doing, or comment on something you know she likes.
  • Let her talk. Most people like to talk about themselves, more than listen. Just keep asking questions about what she's talking about, and the conversation will progress naturally.
  • Don't be overbearing. Don't spend too much time around her, don't bombard her with questions. Just let her know you're there. Sometimes just smiling at someone will work a lot better than words.
  • Be confident. Confidence is one of the most attractive traits.
  • Find out what she's into, and see if you share any common interests. Build upon that.
  • Don't ask for her number right away (or I guess social media if that's how you kids are communicating these days). If anything, wait for her to give it to you.
  • Actually get to know her. It sounds like you might like her based on her looks, or how you see her act; without knowing her on a deeper level, it's merely infatuation. You might not like who she actually is.
  • She might not like you back, and that's ok. There's tons of girls out there.
  • Really, and most importantly it all starts with one action. I think James May put it best.

Good luck!

Also, I 25% apologize to those that hate multiquotes. But only 25%. The feature is there for a reason, nerds.

21 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

I really hope that this is a joke..

Haha, why? People tend to ask questions where they feel most comfortable, and this is likely a safe place for him.

You make it seem like people on a forum are incapable of having a life.

21 hours ago, Zeddex said:

No offense, but this is probably the worst place you could ask for dating advice. This is a tech forum, not an advice column.

Hey, at least he managed to post it in the Off Topic section.

20 hours ago, Arika S said:

Have you ever spoken to this girl before?

If not, start there, but do NOT start with "be my girlfriend". If her friend and your brother are already hanging out, see if you can plan an event with all 4 of you.

Hahah, what, you mean it's not like picking out a pet? ?

18 hours ago, Levent said:

I am also waiting for that cheat code.

The code is: don't get caught.

18 hours ago, GenericFanboy said:

On a serious note, if you're asking questions like this i think you're not ready for a relationship nor do you know much about it. If anything it shows you're a bit young. Probably a better idea to just focus on learning. Relationships come out of nowhere. its best to just let it happen instead of chasing after it

How do you figure that?

Relationships don't necessarily come out of nowhere.

Some you have to pursue, or nothing will happen at all.

18 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

One word:

Don't... 

Someone sounds salty.

17 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

-snip-

My current girlfriend I met in a mmo. To be honest the first time i met her was when i was coming to say hello to my guild master and watch him grind and she was in his grind party and she killed me so i thought she was a jerk. But later as i got to know her and as i got more into the game i learned that she was just being playful and getting pked in the game isn't really a big deal and shes a really nice person. I also found out we share a lot of interests like pokemon and she played runescape in the past also. After talking like pretty much every day for a while I asked her if she can be my girlfriend and at first she wasn't sure if she was emotionally ready for a boyfriend so I said ok we can be just friends. But after that the way we talked with each other clearly changed and we were basically talking like boyfriend and girlfriend so after a few days i asked again and she said yes.

So this isn't something that you can force unless you are hot or something and i'm not really sure if you want that even if you were since once she sees a hotter guy she might dump you. Also it seems that you dont know her very well either so first get to know her beforehand. But don't worry if I can get a girlfriend you definitely can. Also i think you should leave your and her friend out of it since you probably don't want to break their heart.

I understand how you feel I had crushes before also but I don't think a crush is a solid thing to build a relationship off of.

That's actually pretty cute.

16 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

really not a great place to ask but here i go:

show interest in her interests

dont idolize her - boys usually start mumbling and stuttering around their crush in the younger years, try not to.

pick a local event in your town/area and just ask her if she wants to go their with you - preferably not to private of an event as that can get akward for a first "date" and but make sure you 2 are somewhat alone when you ask her, so she doesnt feel weird in front of her firends and you get les nervous.

thats all i got. 

and dont go in there thinking about her being your gf. just show actual interest in her and let the relationship grow slowly.

You say that, but look at all the genuinely decent advice he's gotten! Including yours.

...we'll just ignore all the BS in between and hope he does as well.

16 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I get nervous around pretty girls and can someone tell me a dating tip forums

"Loveguru date tips.com" or something like that. Till then it's a meme topic

Most do. You've just gotta be around them more, you'll get more used to it.
The most important thing to remember: the prettier the girl, the more chance there is of her being self conscious.

Very few people like themselves.

12 hours ago, wasab said:

Surround yourself with pretty girls and build up confidence. Try befriending as many of them as you can. 

Legit works. Not too many though, and not too often.

After I graduated, I bumped into a few girls I'd gone to school with, and they all said "you know, I really wanted to come up and say hi in the hall...but you always had girls around you."

It was news to me. I was always awkward as fuck.

12 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Just get really rich and there's aprox a 50/50 chance she'll suddenly find you super attractive and really want to be with you.

Mmmm, no son. You should know the ratio.

It's 33%.

• Rich
  • Attractive
  • Big dick

If you don't have one of those three, you're kinda up shit creek.

12 hours ago, redbread123 said:

Roofies, (for legal reasons that's a joke)

That's...not even a funny joke. Anyone that has to use those is beyond pathetic.

12 hours ago, Silentprototipe said:

Lol take a look at this nerd asking us for advice. We are the absolute worst demographic for that xD

Genuinely it just happens naturally, Nothing you can do to speed that up. Just wait and the time will come 

Haha, speak for yourself, my friend, speak for yourself ;)
It can be made to happen. In my younger years that was half the fun.

12 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Really not gonna mention anything to do with that username of yours? Some girls love a guy willing to do that

You millennials...

12 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Worked for me!

Are you sure she doesn't just love the money ;)

12 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Profit you say?

See below.

11 hours ago, tankyx said:

Poor choice of wording. You cannot make much profit when dating someone ?

Nah, profit doesn't always have to be monetary. You can a lot from a relationship; health, happiness, completeness..

6 hours ago, manchild said:

in my experience its simply about being at the right place right time. most important thing is she doesnt already have a bf, though at ur age im pretty sure she doesnt, then just be in her social circle and things will happen. if u have to try to get her, then u've already been rejected, chasing is a meme, people decide if they like u rather quickly (something im guilty of). just socialize more, dont be a loner, at ur age its easy to find a good gf since most females are single. just hang out with her social circle then ask her out, dont "try to impress her" it wont change her mind.

Well. I mean. Even if they do, being friends doesn't hurt. Nothing lasts forever, and sometimes they'll see on their own that you're a better choice anyway.

You know. Not saying I've been the other man. Or anything.

?

5 hours ago, Deaderpool said:

image.png.b6aade005ce3a2fa22af77cb4358c601.png

As much as I love C&H, you've gotta use the good lines...

Spoiler

image.png.f6aa4ceb6b4d68ba497898f838cca44d.png

3 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Don't be the stereotypical nice guy but don't a complete douche bag either.  Don't be afraid of rejection, and learn to be confident.  Workout, groom yourself, don't spend all day looking at p0rn, don't look at them as objects look at them like humans. Keep in mind they eat and shit just like we do.  Taking a shower and not smelling like raw ass also helps. 

im sure @dizmo has more he can add to this. 

Haha, I find it ....flattering/amusing that you think I'd be able to add to this conversation ?

3 hours ago, scuff gang said:

your asking how to get a girlfriend on a tech forum you are a troll

Nahhh just someone who wants some information from people he (for whatever misguided reason) trusts!

Hi I'm a teen looking for a girlfriend , I have a crush on a girl who is 2 years younger than me. But I don't know how I can make her my girlfriend.

I even made her friend who was crushing on my bro hang out with him.

So how do I get her

Say sike right now

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

I really hope that this is a joke..

No bro it's not

18 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Hi I'm a teen looking for a girlfriend , I have a crush on a girl who is 2 years younger than me. But I don't know how I can make her my girlfriend.

I even made her friend who was crushing on my bro hang out with him.

So how do I get her

well if stardew valley thought me anything. give them gem stones :) 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

No offense, but this is probably the worst place you could ask for dating advice. This is a tech forum, not an advice column.

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

Maybe talk to her.

1 minute ago, Zeddex said:

Yes. Asking internet for dating advise is just digging a hole for yourself.

Magical Pineapples

9 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

give them gem stones

i  married Abigial that way ❤️ , i havent played in a while though ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Like somebody commented on one of these posts before "considering these are the LTT forums, its more likely you would come out of here with a boyfriend" 

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Do a really nice dance, just like the birds do!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, D.U.F.F. said:

online_dating_2246505.jpg.602cd6a41e1e7bcc31241c476a1b6c43.jpg

i was gonna mention this aswell :D

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

be nice and show interest.

most people treat girls they like as if they were friends but then they don't see you as more as a friend.

so don't treat her like a friend

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Have you ever spoken to this girl before?

If not, start there, but do NOT start with "be my girlfriend". If her friend and your brother are already hanging out, see if you can plan an event with all 4 of you.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

just walk up to her and say hi

works everytime

1 hour ago, D.U.F.F. said:

online_dating_2246505.jpg.602cd6a41e1e7bcc31241c476a1b6c43.jpg

Well, we got online dating apps already. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

lol

Spoiler

1. Mold her
Use a soft clay to mold the girl of your dreams — the possibilities are endless!

2. Paint her with latex
Push the base of the clay girl onto a piece of cardboard so she’s nice and steady.

First cover the clay in Vaseline so you can slip the clay out later. Use liquid latex (the kind at art stores meant for making casts, not the sex-shop body-painting kind) to paint layer after layer onto the clay, as well as about two inches in radius onto the box around the girl. Latex takes a long time to dry, so it’s best to paint lots of thin layers. Use a hair dryer to speed up the process. Make sure each layer is dry before applying the next. Use about four to seven layers. You might have to let it dry overnight in order to do the last few layers.

3. Wait
The latex takes about a week before it is dry enough to use without breaking apart. (Borrow a girl from a friend if you’re getting anxious! Just make sure to use a condom on it and/or boil it afterwards.) After she’s done drying, squeeze the clay out slowly.

4. Fill ‘er up
Now it’s time for the silicone. The most easily available silicone is the kind found in tubes at hardware stores, used for caulking windows and such things. It’s very important that you get 100 percent silicone with no chemical additives, so doublecheck the container. Many hardware stores will only have white and clear silicone, but if you look around, you can find it in a wide variety of colors.

To apply the silicone you’ll need a caulking gun – a metal device that squeezes the silicone out of the tube. Every woman should have a caulking gun. Most hardware stores should have these as well, and they’re not too expensive.

Cut a hole in a cardboard box slightly bigger than the width of your girl, and tape the latex so that it hangs into the inside of the box. This is where that extra two inches of latex come in handy.

Put in the silicone slowly, squeezing it down through the bottom of the latex to make sure there are no air bubbles.

5. Enjoy
You’ll have to wait 24 hours for the silicone to dry, and then you can peel off the latex and enjoy. You can use the latex mold over and over again. Now there’s a stocking stuffer!

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

how I can make her my girlfriend

You can't make her your girlfriend, that's entirely her decision. The entire premise of your thinking is just fucked up, if you ask things like that; you do not own another person, you have no right to demand them to be yours, and one of the worst things you could do is deceive her into getting it on with you -- if your relationship is based on a lie, it will break down sooner or later in a catastrophic manner.

With all the above in mind, all you can do is hang around with her, be her friend and at some point just ask her out. If she says no, she says no and you'll just have to swallow that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.