How to get a girlfriend????

VirusDumb
Go to solution Solved by dizmo,

Haha, I'd never have thought of dating a girl that was younger than me when I was in my teens, but each to their own I suppose.

I'm going to assume that the way you worded your post is more of a result of a lack of English; you don't make someone your girlfriend.

If her friend was crushing on your brother, I'm sure she didn't need much persuasion to hang out with him ;)

Anyway, I'll give you a few tips:

• Be yourself. If she doesn't like you for you, move on.
  • Go up to her and say hi. Ask her how she's doing, or comment on something you know she likes.
  • Let her talk. Most people like to talk about themselves, more than listen. Just keep asking questions about what she's talking about, and the conversation will progress naturally.
  • Don't be overbearing. Don't spend too much time around her, don't bombard her with questions. Just let her know you're there. Sometimes just smiling at someone will work a lot better than words.
  • Be confident. Confidence is one of the most attractive traits.
  • Find out what she's into, and see if you share any common interests. Build upon that.
  • Don't ask for her number right away (or I guess social media if that's how you kids are communicating these days). If anything, wait for her to give it to you.
  • Actually get to know her. It sounds like you might like her based on her looks, or how you see her act; without knowing her on a deeper level, it's merely infatuation. You might not like who she actually is.
  • She might not like you back, and that's ok. There's tons of girls out there.
  • Really, and most importantly it all starts with one action. I think James May put it best.

Good luck!

Also, I 25% apologize to those that hate multiquotes. But only 25%. The feature is there for a reason, nerds.

21 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

I really hope that this is a joke..

Haha, why? People tend to ask questions where they feel most comfortable, and this is likely a safe place for him.

You make it seem like people on a forum are incapable of having a life.

21 hours ago, Zeddex said:

No offense, but this is probably the worst place you could ask for dating advice. This is a tech forum, not an advice column.

Hey, at least he managed to post it in the Off Topic section.

20 hours ago, Arika S said:

Have you ever spoken to this girl before?

If not, start there, but do NOT start with "be my girlfriend". If her friend and your brother are already hanging out, see if you can plan an event with all 4 of you.

Hahah, what, you mean it's not like picking out a pet? ?

18 hours ago, Levent said:

I am also waiting for that cheat code.

The code is: don't get caught.

18 hours ago, GenericFanboy said:

On a serious note, if you're asking questions like this i think you're not ready for a relationship nor do you know much about it. If anything it shows you're a bit young. Probably a better idea to just focus on learning. Relationships come out of nowhere. its best to just let it happen instead of chasing after it

How do you figure that?

Relationships don't necessarily come out of nowhere.

Some you have to pursue, or nothing will happen at all.

18 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

One word:

Don't... 

Someone sounds salty.

17 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

-snip-

My current girlfriend I met in a mmo. To be honest the first time i met her was when i was coming to say hello to my guild master and watch him grind and she was in his grind party and she killed me so i thought she was a jerk. But later as i got to know her and as i got more into the game i learned that she was just being playful and getting pked in the game isn't really a big deal and shes a really nice person. I also found out we share a lot of interests like pokemon and she played runescape in the past also. After talking like pretty much every day for a while I asked her if she can be my girlfriend and at first she wasn't sure if she was emotionally ready for a boyfriend so I said ok we can be just friends. But after that the way we talked with each other clearly changed and we were basically talking like boyfriend and girlfriend so after a few days i asked again and she said yes.

So this isn't something that you can force unless you are hot or something and i'm not really sure if you want that even if you were since once she sees a hotter guy she might dump you. Also it seems that you dont know her very well either so first get to know her beforehand. But don't worry if I can get a girlfriend you definitely can. Also i think you should leave your and her friend out of it since you probably don't want to break their heart.

I understand how you feel I had crushes before also but I don't think a crush is a solid thing to build a relationship off of.

That's actually pretty cute.

16 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

really not a great place to ask but here i go:

show interest in her interests

dont idolize her - boys usually start mumbling and stuttering around their crush in the younger years, try not to.

pick a local event in your town/area and just ask her if she wants to go their with you - preferably not to private of an event as that can get akward for a first "date" and but make sure you 2 are somewhat alone when you ask her, so she doesnt feel weird in front of her firends and you get les nervous.

thats all i got. 

and dont go in there thinking about her being your gf. just show actual interest in her and let the relationship grow slowly.

You say that, but look at all the genuinely decent advice he's gotten! Including yours.

...we'll just ignore all the BS in between and hope he does as well.

16 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I get nervous around pretty girls and can someone tell me a dating tip forums

"Loveguru date tips.com" or something like that. Till then it's a meme topic

Most do. You've just gotta be around them more, you'll get more used to it.
The most important thing to remember: the prettier the girl, the more chance there is of her being self conscious.

Very few people like themselves.

12 hours ago, wasab said:

Surround yourself with pretty girls and build up confidence. Try befriending as many of them as you can. 

Legit works. Not too many though, and not too often.

After I graduated, I bumped into a few girls I'd gone to school with, and they all said "you know, I really wanted to come up and say hi in the hall...but you always had girls around you."

It was news to me. I was always awkward as fuck.

12 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Just get really rich and there's aprox a 50/50 chance she'll suddenly find you super attractive and really want to be with you.

Mmmm, no son. You should know the ratio.

It's 33%.

• Rich
  • Attractive
  • Big dick

If you don't have one of those three, you're kinda up shit creek.

12 hours ago, redbread123 said:

Roofies, (for legal reasons that's a joke)

That's...not even a funny joke. Anyone that has to use those is beyond pathetic.

12 hours ago, Silentprototipe said:

Lol take a look at this nerd asking us for advice. We are the absolute worst demographic for that xD

Genuinely it just happens naturally, Nothing you can do to speed that up. Just wait and the time will come 

Haha, speak for yourself, my friend, speak for yourself ;)
It can be made to happen. In my younger years that was half the fun.

12 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Really not gonna mention anything to do with that username of yours? Some girls love a guy willing to do that

You millennials...

12 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Worked for me!

Are you sure she doesn't just love the money ;)

12 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Profit you say?

See below.

11 hours ago, tankyx said:

Poor choice of wording. You cannot make much profit when dating someone ?

Nah, profit doesn't always have to be monetary. You can a lot from a relationship; health, happiness, completeness..

6 hours ago, manchild said:

in my experience its simply about being at the right place right time. most important thing is she doesnt already have a bf, though at ur age im pretty sure she doesnt, then just be in her social circle and things will happen. if u have to try to get her, then u've already been rejected, chasing is a meme, people decide if they like u rather quickly (something im guilty of). just socialize more, dont be a loner, at ur age its easy to find a good gf since most females are single. just hang out with her social circle then ask her out, dont "try to impress her" it wont change her mind.

Well. I mean. Even if they do, being friends doesn't hurt. Nothing lasts forever, and sometimes they'll see on their own that you're a better choice anyway.

You know. Not saying I've been the other man. Or anything.

?

5 hours ago, Deaderpool said:

image.png.b6aade005ce3a2fa22af77cb4358c601.png

As much as I love C&H, you've gotta use the good lines...

Spoiler

image.png.f6aa4ceb6b4d68ba497898f838cca44d.png

3 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

Don't be the stereotypical nice guy but don't a complete douche bag either.  Don't be afraid of rejection, and learn to be confident.  Workout, groom yourself, don't spend all day looking at p0rn, don't look at them as objects look at them like humans. Keep in mind they eat and shit just like we do.  Taking a shower and not smelling like raw ass also helps. 

im sure @dizmo has more he can add to this. 

Haha, I find it ....flattering/amusing that you think I'd be able to add to this conversation ?

3 hours ago, scuff gang said:

your asking how to get a girlfriend on a tech forum you are a troll

Nahhh just someone who wants some information from people he (for whatever misguided reason) trusts!

5 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

My advice, become this guys name in RL and the girls will come pouring in.  swear.

"Hey girl, if you become my loyalty girlfriend then I will manhandling you so good that your soul will left your body behind. Even God will not going to ask how you die."

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

"Hey girl, if you become my loyalty girlfriend then I will manhandling you so good that your soul will left your body behind. Even God will not going to ask how you die."

If you ever start a cult, this should be the title of your "bible" - Can I be a disciple?  (sorry for going off topic ? )

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

34 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Just get really rich and there's aprox a 50/50 chance she'll suddenly find you super attractive and really want to be with you.

Worked for me!

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

9 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Hi I'm a teen looking for a girlfriend , I have a crush on a girl who is 2 years younger than me. But I don't know how I can make her my girlfriend.

I even made her friend who was crushing on my bro hang out with him.

So how do I get her

go on reddit or something so we can you get memed

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

• Be nice to everybody
  • Talk to her
  • Spend time with her
  • ???
  • Profit

There is no secret. Be someone that people enjoy your company. Humor, Charisma, Intelligence is what you want to work on.

Also when I say nice, it does not mean that you become the pet of everybody. Dont be an ass, dont do too much for people.

1 minute ago, tankyx said:
  • Be nice to everybody
  • Talk to her
  • Spend time with her
  • ???
  • Profit

There is no secret. Be someone that people enjoy your company. Humor, Charisma, Intelligence is what you want to work on.

Also when I say nice, it does not mean that you become the pet of everybody. Dont be an ass, dont do too much for people.

Profit you say?

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

6 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Reveal hidden contents

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality :(

caught in a landslide, TO ESCAPE FROM REALITY!

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Profit you say?

38 minutes ago, Silentprototipe said:

Lol take a look at this nerd asking us for advice. We are the absolute worst demographic for that xD

Genuinely it just happens naturally, Nothing you can do to speed that up. Just wait and the time will come 

Fr, a lot of us are computer nerds, I enjoy reading and learning about manufacturing of technology more than watching a movie so we're not really the kind of people to ask lol.

Just now, tankyx said:

unless you are dating a sugar mama

9 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Worked for me!

Yes my audio setup is almost 200k dollars, I'm dedicated, what can I say?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Welcome to the life of an audiophile, never happy with what you have.

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

unless you are dating a sugar mama

sugar daddy too 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 hours ago, wasab said:

Well, we got online dating apps already. 

Of course we have, but somebody wants to do their thing old fashion ways.

4 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

How to get a girlfriend????

1) Get plastic surgeries to make yourself looks sexy and attractive

2) Be rich

You dont have to be sexy and attractive if you are filthy rich

14 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I even made her friend who was crushing on my bro hang out with him.

Did you ever consider the double date?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

in my experience its simply about being at the right place right time. most important thing is she doesnt already have a bf, though at ur age im pretty sure she doesnt, then just be in her social circle and things will happen. if u have to try to get her, then u've already been rejected, chasing is a meme, people decide if they like u rather quickly (something im guilty of). just socialize more, dont be a loner, at ur age its easy to find a good gf since most females are single. just hang out with her social circle then ask her out, dont "try to impress her" it wont change her mind.

14 hours ago, Tegos said:

- Be nice, but don't be "fake nice". Like, don't be nice to her just because you're attracted to her;

- Be yourself. Don't try to act "cool" to impress her or something;

- Be ready to take no for an answer (this one's important);

- Always keep in mind that she doesn't owe you anything just because you like her;

Other than that, there's not much else anyone could help you with.

True, true. Would also like to add that it takes time. Like, lots of time. And that you have to be an actual friend who cares about her.

I didn't get my second girlfriend until several years after 2011. And it's not like I was trying that hard to look for one.

Another thing I learned too is that it's okay being single. It has its own set of perks.

Edited by Jurunce

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Don't be the stereotypical nice guy but don't a complete douche bag either.  Don't be afraid of rejection, and learn to be confident.  Workout, groom yourself, don't spend all day looking at p0rn, don't look at them as objects look at them like humans. Keep in mind they eat and shit just like we do.  Taking a shower and not smelling like raw ass also helps. 

im sure @dizmo has more he can add to this.