Epic Games Store has started adding Cloud Save support to games

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

In a shocking turn of events EPIC has added cloud save to 2 of their games that's listed in their library. 

Cloud saves have been planned for the Epic Store for a while. The functionality was originally scheduled to arrive by mid-June, but was pushed back to July on the EGS development roadmap back in May. The toggle to enable cloud saves is available from the settings menu in the EGS launcher, rather than from within the games themselves, and defaults to being enabled.

In the future Epic Games plans to add support for wishlists, user reviews, official mod support and achievements. A shopping cart is also due to be added, but this is a "long term" (6+ months) feature goal. 

Epic Games' publicly available Epic Games Store roadmap is available to view : https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap 

Source https://www.pcgamer.com/the-epic-store-is-beginning-to-support-cloud-saves/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is nice, but nothing more. No one really seems to like the Epic Games Store, which is probably the only reason adding cloud saves to a DRM store is even worth mentioning.

6 minutes ago, TheNamelessOne said:

Guys let's hate on Epic for doing something right because it's what we PC gamers do, we hate everyone.

Good to know.

So now they can leak even more data? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

30 minutes ago, TheNamelessOne said:

Guys let's hate on Epic for doing something right because it's what we PC gamers do, we hate everyone.

To be fair, I could have been using cloud saves for awhile now on many of the EGS timed exclusive titles had they not been EGS timed exclusive titles.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

They can add all that shit, but for as long as they'll be doing that exclusivity bullshit, they are on my no shopping list. And if this exclusivity is the only way to get people to even shop in their store, then maybe they should reconsider their business practices and priorities.

1 hour ago, TheNamelessOne said:

Nah let's hate on them for taking so long to come to the party with such a basic feature when they have millions to throw around. They need to make the store so much better and yet they take this long to add such a simple feature because they are too busy milking fortnite and throwing money at game developers for exclusives. 

I avoid Epic Games at all costs, but damn this is pretty funny. Thought cloud saves were standard for the last few years, but they're just getting to it. Guess they're too busy buying game companies and ruining playerbases.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

6 hours ago, TheNamelessOne said:

Only when they stop trying to bring console style exclusivity to the PC marketplace will we stop hating on epic and their anti competitive practices.

they don't have a shopping cart???

55 minutes ago, floofer said:

yeah, you have to use your hands instead

✨FNIGE✨

1 hour ago, floofer said:

Yeah, if you need to buy 10 games you need to buy it one by one and have like 10 transaction history in your CC/DC and if you did the transactions too fast Epic will temporarily ban you from purchasing anything. Happened on previous Epic sales which is hilarious. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

yeah, you have to use your hands instead

I use my hands on the keyboard and mouse haha :^-)~~

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Yeah, if you need to buy 10 games you need to buy it one by one and have like 10 transaction history in your CC/DC and if you did the transactions too fast Epic will temporarily ban you from purchasing anything. Happened on previous Epic sales which is hilarious. 

Thats to bad for a store trying to compete with steam tbh. 

40 minutes ago, floofer said:

I use my hands on the keyboard and mouse haha :^-)~~

your weird, your supposed to use shopping carts when you go to stores

✨FNIGE✨

Just now, SlimyPython said:

your weird, your supposed to use shopping carts when you go to stores

Its an on the line store, there's no real trolley ??️?

1 minute ago, floofer said:

Its an on the line store, there's no real trolley ??️?

you slam the trolley onto the keyboard in hopes to get something before your computers keyboard fucks up

✨FNIGE✨

On 7/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

A shopping cart is also due to be added, but this is a "long term" (6+ months) feature goal. 

Jesus Christ. 

Good on them for adding one requested feature, I suppose, but how on Earth were cloud saves considered higher priority than a damn shopping cart? How does a minor quality of life feature come before the basic functionality of an online store? 

when can I have download speed limit,  literally everyone else has it

Good job Epic, now you actually have something that every other store has. Good for you.

Great job

The reason we are hating on Epic Store is because everyone thought the main selling point of the platform was going to be lower prices. That gamers could choose to shop there, and instead of all the features of steam, they could save a few dollars. Then the features would roll out gradually as the store matured. Cheaper games was the selling point.

What we got was a store throwing money in every direction to get some exclusive deals. Then we got the spyware, and denial of such allegations. But Chinese citizens and companies are explicitly required to help the Chinese Communist Party in whatever way possible. So when they say they are not helping the government, they are either lying to their customers which have no repercussions. Or they are lying to the government, which has very real and very serious repercussions.

And about those lower prices? Not seen much of that. In fact, i just checked. And because steam automatically converts to my currency, and do some rounding. Steam is currently cheaper for me.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

4 hours ago, MMKing said:

Great job

The reason we are hating on Epic Store is because everyone thought the main selling point of the platform was going to be lower prices. That gamers could choose to shop there, and instead of all the features of steam, they could save a few dollars. Then the features would roll out gradually as the store matured. Cheaper games was the selling point.

What we got was a store throwing money in every direction to get some exclusive deals. Then we got the spyware, and denial of such allegations. But Chinese citizens and companies are explicitly required to help the Chinese Communist Party in whatever way possible. So when they say they are not helping the government, they are either lying to their customers which have no repercussions. Or they are lying to the government, which has very real and very serious repercussions.

And about those lower prices? Not seen much of that. In fact, i just checked. And because steam automatically converts to my currency, and do some rounding. Steam is currently cheaper for me.

Epic is neither a Chinese citizen nor a Chinese company. They are not owned by Chinese citizens nor Chinese companies. Tencent has a minority stake in Epic, they do not own the company outright. The majority stake is still held by Epic themselves. IF Tencent is allowed access to all of Epic's data then, yes, that goes to the Chinese government. However, there really is no proof one way or the other that Tencent is allowed to access all of Epic's user data (outside of Epic's claim that they don't and well...). Though, given how shitty Epic's security practices seem to be not sure if they need internal access anyway, just wait for stuff to leak and they'll have all the data they need.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:34 AM, xAcid9 said:

Imagine a retail store kicking you out because you want to spend too much money. XD

On 7/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, TheNamelessOne said:

Or how about we hate them because they're single handedly ruining PC gaming by throwing around Chinese sweatshop money to buy up exclusives which before they existed was a thing that only happened on consoles.

Having forced segregation has never been a good thing and it never will be.

Not to mention the fact they've also started buying out crowdfunded titles that were promised on multiple platforms.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)