Epic Games Store has started adding Cloud Save support to games

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
58 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Imagine a retail store kicking you out because you want to spend too much money. XD

Mmmhm. Its nice that they have fraud protection that actually triggers when it detects potential fraud conditions but it never should have been a concern in the first place. The sheer fact that they decided to try and one-up Steam by launching a sale when the store was in no condition to handle it says a lot about how unprepared Epic is and continues to be when it comes to this field.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Or how about we hate them because they're single handedly ruining PC gaming by throwing around Chinese sweatshop money to buy up exclusives which before they existed was a thing that only happened on consoles.

Having forced segregation has never been a good thing and it never will be.

Not to mention the fact they've also started buying out crowdfunded titles that were promised on multiple platforms.

Let's not be melodramatic. They're not "ruining" PC gaming. Buying exclusivity will not "ruin" PC gaming. Inconvenience? Yes. Annoying? Definitely. Serious dick move? Of hell yes. Ruining? Not remotely.

21 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Mmmhm. Its nice that they have fraud protection that actually triggers when it detects potential fraud conditions but it never should have been a concern in the first place. The sheer fact that they decided to try and one-up Steam by launching a sale when the store was in no condition to handle it says a lot about how unprepared Epic is and continues to be when it comes to this field.

Let's not be melodramatic. They're not "ruining" PC gaming. Buying exclusivity will not "ruin" PC gaming. Inconvenience? Yes. Annoying? Definitely. Serious dick move? Of hell yes. Ruining? Not remotely.

It kinda does ruin it. We don't need stupid market fragmentation inside a single platform. Epic's own games, fine, whatever, Steam and EA do that too, but not for 3rd party studios.

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

Serious dick move? Of hell yes. Ruining? Not remotely.

so they're making it better how? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Advanced issues found

15 hours ago, MMKing said:

The reason we are hating on Epic Store is because everyone thought the main selling point of theplatform was going to be lower prices.

But why did everyone think that? What they said was essentially: "We're giving developers more money!"
They didn't say "We're trying to undercut Steam and everyone else".

......yay, I guess

Shopping cart when?

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

23 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

......yay, I guess

Shopping cart when?

waiting for a team of engineers to apply at epic and figure out how to bring a digital version of the shopping cart to the store. Might take a while to discover it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 7/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, TheNamelessOne said:

Guys let's hate on Epic for doing something right because it's what we PC gamers do, we hate everyone.

If it's a trend I could get behind you. But a broken clock... and all that.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

I. A shopping cart is also due to be added, but this is a "long term" (6+ months) feature goal. 

Jesus, you would think they could hire some programmers with all that Fortnite money, and get things like this implemented in like, a week?

WTF?

Yeah a shopping cart should've been a basic feature, but Epic uses that Fortnite money to bribe devs into using their store.

7 hours ago, maartendc said:

Jesus, you would think they could hire some programmers with all that Fortnite money, and get things like this implemented in like, a week?

WTF?

This is the strangest bit to me. I would totally understand if they were a notoriously frugal company that never invests in anything unnecessary. But Epic has been throwing around tens of millions of dollars like its nothing and they've been doing it nonstop for months. 

I don't know much about costs of hiring/contracting programmers, but I would have to imagine that for the cost of even one of the smaller indie exclusivity deals they would be able to pay for enough manhours to at least get all of the basic expected functionality implemented to the store, and eliminate a ton of their negative press. 

dear epic

when fortnite falls you will die. Be ready minecraft is winning.

sencerly

will1432

P.S. just die already!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!