Walmart in your fridge...

Jtalk4456

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/7/18656172/walmart-inhome-fridge-delivery-service

TL:DR Walmart is offering a grocery delivery service that will enter your house and put the food in your fridge.

Starting this fall in the US, Walmart customers in select cities can choose to have their groceries delivered directly into their refrigerators when away from home. The InHome service will use Walmart vehicles and its own workers equipped with proprietary wearable cameras. Using undisclosed “smart entry technology,” Walmart employees will be able to enter homes to make deliveries, while customers will be able to control access and watch the deliveries remotely.

Sounds perfect. No security issues could possibly arise from this...

The InHome services will launch this fall and be available to over 1 million customers in three cities: Kansas City, Missouri; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Vero Beach, Florida.

Screenshot_20190312-215824.jpg

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I'm definitely not a Luddite, but sometimes I just feel like technology is moving too fast. This is definitely one of those times.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That sounds very dangerous, not for home owners, but for the delivery guys. Seems very likely a dog would attack a stranger entering the house or the delivery guy tripping in a cluttered house.

Is Amazon still letting their drivers in your house to drop off packages?

Pretty soon Casper will offer a bed time tuck-in service. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

How about you fucking don't

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

23 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I'm definitely not a Luddite, but sometimes I just feel like technology is moving too fast. This is definitely one of those times.

It's utterly insecure and it's not even new technology. Milk (and foodstuffs) deliveries go back to the 1800s in the modern era, and functionally back thousands of years. Safety is safety & trust is trust. No one should ever has any reason to trust a random stranger that far.

29 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Using undisclosed “smart entry technology,”

Image result for fbi breaking down door

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Even if they have cameras can monitor the entire 360 degrees around the employees, this is a no. Never know what the employee can see

3 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Never know what the employee can see

Related image

(unless I'm totally misunderstand what you mean)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I can look straight ahead but I can still read things that are not at the center, and the camera doesn't track and record where the eyes are watching.

40 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

I can look straight ahead but I can still read things that are not at the center, and the camera doesn't track and record where the eyes are watching.

I'm still not sure how your issue pertains to having an employee enter a house. Are you concerned they're going to read something out of the corner of their eye they're not supposed to?

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

That sounds very dangerous, not for home owners, but for the delivery guys. Seems very likely a dog would attack a stranger entering the house or the delivery guy tripping in a cluttered house.

I'm already scheming a "prank" video with traps from the Home Alone movies on the way to the fridge. Poor Wal-Mart employees...

On a more realistic note, some people's fridges are gross and cluttered. And it takes some re-organizing to get things to fit. Are the delivery personnel going to jam stuff into your fridge? How do they know exactly what goes into the fridge and what doesn't? 

I know these questions sound kinda dumb...but these are real concerns. 

I'm imagining a doublesided door fridge, one with a door outside your house that's locked in some way.

That way they don't have to go into your house, just open the fridge door from outside and fill it up.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Letting people into your house to deliver food to your fridge is not some advanced technology. It's just a dumb idea and a security risk. 

3 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I'm already scheming a "prank" video with traps from the Home Alone movies on the way to the fridge. Poor Wal-Mart employees...

On a more realistic note, some people's fridges are gross and cluttered. And it takes some re-organizing to get things to fit. Are the delivery personnel going to jam stuff into your fridge? How do they know exactly what goes into the fridge and what doesn't? 

I know these questions sound kinda dumb...but these are real concerns. 

What if they are one if those monsters that puts peanut butter in the fridge :o

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm imagining a doublesided door fridge, one with a door outside your house that's locked in some way.

That way they don't have to go into your house, just open the fridge door from outside and fill it up.

That sounds like a huge investment just to get groceries delivered inside your fridge rather than in an insulated container at your front door like every other grocery delivery service. 

26 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That sounds like a huge investment just to get groceries delivered inside your fridge rather than in an insulated container at your front door like every other grocery delivery service. 

Yeah. Really not worth it but even getting it delivered to your door period is going to cost you extra

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah. Really not worth it but even getting it delivered to your door period is going to cost you extra

Yes that is true but not a large up front cost. For people who work alot and dont have time to go to the grocery store it makes sense to do delivery but it doesn't make sense to go to the hassle of building a fridge into your house. The entire point of getting it delivered is to avoid hassle not make more. 

6 hours ago, poochyena said:

I was a temp worker at UPS. And i would deliver to a pretty wealthy area with a Driver. (id just drop boxes off at peoples doors, no driving.) I Get out of the truck to deliver this package and these 2 huge doberman almost as tall as me came out of no where barking up a storm.  I noped it back onto the truck and the Driver got out and walked past the dogs with like it was nothing.

He said its the small dogs that you need to look out for. they're the ones that bite.

are people that lazy that this service will actually take off? I can see if the people are disabled and cant leave easily, but that alone wouldnt support the overhead for this...buying groceries is one thing i could never let someone do for me...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

What if they are one if those monsters that puts peanut butter in the fridge :o

hey! this is offensive to all the wonderful people who like cold peanut butter

the right people

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

While I trust Walmart more than I do Amazon, it's still not going to happen in my home! And I'm handicapped!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!