(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

What is there to acknowledge about PCIe 4 lol? PCIe 4 is not something AMD made up. It's a sandard just like PCIe 3, 2 and 1 were. It just so happens that AMD is the first to offer it this time around. Who cares about its benefits, if you're building new system you probably want it either way.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

What is there to acknowledge about PCIe 4 lol? PCIe 4 is not something AMD made up. It's a sandard just like PCIe 3, 2 and 1 were. It just so happens that AMD is the first to offer it this time around. Who cares about its benefits, if you're building new system you probably want it either way.

because:

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

(if current PCIe is not a bottle neck for the next 4-5 years then spending money on gen 4 now is kinda wasted). 

The average upgrade cycle is 4-5 years for enthusiasts, if current PCIe is not going to cause any problems in that time frame for the requirements they have,   then there is little point in spending extra money on it now.  It will just be an unused feature that likely will get thrown out with the board because in 4 years there will be better CPU options.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's a dumb logic. Then why have we even bothered with all PCIe versions when PCie gen 1 probably isn't saturated enough by graphic cards. Are you buying latest and greatest system or are you buying some antic with half ass tech? If you're already so certain, then you'll take X470. It supports AM4, but not PCie 4. Done. What's there to wait for? I really don't follow your weird logic.

14 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

That's a dumb logic. Then why have we even bothered with all PCIe versions when PCie gen 1 probably isn't saturated enough by graphic cards.

Many many GPUs will saturate PCIe 1.0 x16, similar for PCIe 2.0 x16. PCIe isn't advancing for or because of GPUs either, there are other PCIe devices that require far more bandwidth than GPUs do i.e. 100Gb/400Gb NICs.

But that's not even the point, right now it's highly unlikely PCIe 4.0 is actually a factor in functionality or performance requirements. That's not a reason to not buy it but it's also the reason why there isn't one to buy it. It simply comes to do why buy something old when there is something new?

Either Ryzen 3000 is great and you should buy it and X570 or you should save your money and not buy anything at all or buy Ryzen 2000 at a lower cost then look at a future upgrade sooner, 2/3 years.

PCIe 4.0 is not a reason to buy Ryzen, that's a global recommendation not a targeted use case advice where it may actually be a reason. 99% don't need it, 1% might.

Anyone buying Ryzen 3000 will be doing so because of the CPU performance, proven with reviews.

Just now, RejZoR said:

That's a dumb logic. Then why have we even bothered with all PCIe versions when PCie gen 1 probably isn't saturated enough by graphic cards. Are you buying latest and greatest system or are you buying some antic with half ass tech?

I don't think you understand the history of tech evolution.   If there is a specific need for it then people will buy it, but recommending people get it just because it's new is not the best advice, especially given we have no practical benchmarks or reviews to make that judgement on.

Just now, RejZoR said:

If you're already so certain, then you'll take X470. It supports AM4, but not PCie 4. Done. What's there to wait for? I really don't follow your weird logic.

I have already address what you just said.  Are you posting for the sake of it or do you really have trouble understanding what I am saying.   Personally given a few people have agreed with my posts I am going to assume I am not being illogical here. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Either Ryzen 3000 is great and you should buy it and X570 or you should save your money and not buy anything at all or buy Ryzen 2000 at a lower cost then look at a future upgrade sooner, 2/3 years. 

Depending on how x470 and b450 work with ryzen 3000 regarding memory overclock you might be best off just grabbing one of those boards and dumping the extra 100 plus dollars into other components.

40 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Depending on how x470 and b450 work with ryzen 3000 regarding memory overclock you might be best off just grabbing one of those boards and dumping the extra 100 plus dollars into other components.

providing the board you use is Daisychain topoligy. you should be fine memmory wise, unless vendors have done something special with X570 to improve memmory overclocks. 

*grabs popcorn and launches AdoredTV comment section*

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

8 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

*grabs popcorn and launches AdoredTV comment section*

Must like fiction genre a lot then

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Must like fiction genre a lot then

Oh yeah, reading this feels like our own tech version of flat earth vs. round earth.

I especially like those defending him with "yea we know your predictions didn't exactly pan out but who's to say that AMD didn't want to do it the way you described at some point but simply changed their minds" xD

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

providing the board you use is Daisychain topoligy. you should be fine memmory wise, unless vendors have done something special with X570 to improve memmory overclocks. 

ASUS says they have, but then ASUS has been known to bullshit before.

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Just a clarification, AMD wasn't the first to implement PCIe 4.0.

2 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

ASUS says they have, but then ASUS has been known to bullshit before.

Yeah I'm waiting for reviews to see if they are telling the truth, otherwise I might as well go X470

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

15 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I watched the presentation, but wanna make sure I didn't miss it; Did AMD give any indication that they are currently working on a Zen2 APU?

14 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Not this one, but its been on the road map. keep in mind the APU line has been a arch behind.

Current rumor mill is that the APU will have its Vega-based iGPU as part of the I/O die, rather than a separate chiplet. We'll know more in Q4 when the part starts getting out to laptop manufacturers. 

15 hours ago, mr moose said:

Can I have your crystal ball when you're done?

What's a crystal ball for?

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

What's a crystal ball for?

determining how good ryzen is without benchmarks and knowing what Intel are going to do next.

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

determining how good ryzen is without benchmarks and knowing what Intel are going to do next.

there were leaked roadmaps pointing towards a new 10 core 14nm++++ chip next, and 10nm only in the gen after that, so at least for desktop they will have a hard time competing, do agree that its still up in the air if amd can take the all out gaming performance throne, but i expect them to be at least so close that it doesn't matter

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

there were leaked roadmaps pointing towards a new 10 core 14nm++++ chip next, and 10nm only in the gen after that, so at least for desktop they will have a hard time competing, do agree that its still up in the air if amd can take the all out gaming performance throne, but i expect them to be at least so close that it doesn't matter

I am expecting the 3000's to be killer CPU's that are going to be hard to not recommend for most users.   But my point still remains, until we have an actual benchmark, it is unwise to tell people to go out and start buying AM4 parts now because we "assume" Intel won't have anything on offer.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:54 PM, Dylanc1500 said:

Just a clarification, AMD wasn't the first to implement PCIe 4.0.

They are in Desktop/x86 Market...

There is already Vega 20 wich supports it, though only the Professionals seem to have that Enabled, so first PCie 4.0 Consumer GPU will be Navi.

There's also a ton of PCIe 4.0 SSDs announced and other stuff that might actually need it, @leadeater mentioned it, that it's server Networking for example...

BTW: I don't get it...

Intel/nVidia announces something -> shut up ant take my money...

Do I have to remind you about the THG "Just Buy it" Article??

AMD does something and: ah, lets wait for Intel, what they do...

Yeah, great.

That sounds kinda like an excuse to not buy AMD...

Nobody thought that AMD could do 10% IPC or that was what we speculated. What did they announce? 15%...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Not buying AMD right now is the real stupid move... Why would you buy almost ancient architecture full of security holes when Zen is brand new, efficient, great performing and from the looks of it also much more secure and not affected by security holes found in Intel's CPU's even though they do the same shit on same x86 architecture, just differently enough that it seems to be hitting just Intel really badly.

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

BTW: I don't get it...

Intel/nVidia announces something -> shut up ant take my money...

Only when it's actually good

Do I have to remind you about the THG "Just Buy it" Article??

I don't know what forums you've been reading but I didn't see anyone on these forums saying TH was correct or even defended that article in any way.

AMD does something and: ah, lets wait for Intel, what they do...

Anyone with any sense of rational thought says wait for benchmarks before making a purchase decision.   The only comments in here with regards to Intel are that we don't know what they will do or release next.  

Yeah, great.

That sounds kinda like an excuse to not buy AMD...

Nobody thought that AMD could do 10% IPC or that was what we speculated. What did they announce? 15%...

What are you talking about,  The closest thing I have read on these forums to anyone saying anything close to that is a few people who won't believe the IPC improvement until they see an independent benchmark.  That's hardly an AMD shit stir or advice not buy AMD.  In fact that's a common opinion people hold for all hardware.

You really need to stop pretending everyone is anti AMD.  All I see are positive posts regarding what is coming and wisdom in not counting chickens before they hatch.

On 6/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, cj09beira said:

I don't believe Intel have a 14nm+++ or 14nm++++ process, the last few revisions are 14nm++ and I believe the 10 core part is expected to be the same.

8 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I don't believe Intel have a 14nm+++ or 14nm++++ process, the last few revisions are 14nm++ and I believe the 10 core part is expected to be the same.

Broadwell, 14

Skylake, 14+

Kaby Lake, 14++

Coffee Lake, 14+++

And then now the 10 core part, Ice Lake?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Any idea if Ryzen 3000 series still have communication between CCX-es limited to 1/2 of RAM speed?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB