Asus Arez

NumLock21

Due to asus signing up with gpp. Now they have to make a new name for amd cards. Introducing arez. They look exactly the same with just a name change. What will be interesting is going to be the backplate since they cannot use the rog logo anymore on amd cards. Will the backplate say Arez or Asus. The cards will come out around May.

ASUS-AREZ-1000x776.jpg.39edb1d07dce6e55b341a9d688df1fe8.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-announces-arez-radeon-graphics-series

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It's way too easy now to make this joke:

Asus Arez = Anus Arse

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

GPP is shit

But

I personally think "Arez" is a better name than "Republic of Gamers".

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Interesting, looks like they anodized the heatsink black and changed the white dual cards to black.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Haha! The same design of cards just under a different name, take that GPP ^_^ Well played, ASUS!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

ROG was a cringe worthy name anyway, this is an improvement tbh.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Haha! The same design of cards just under a different name, take that GPP ^_^ Well played, ASUS!

Umm isn't that literally the whole point of GPP? How is that a "well played"?

GPP's whole point is to distinguish branding between Nvidia and Non-Nvidia cards, preferably by renaming Non-Nvidia cards.

A "well played" would be to have left AMD as ROG and move Nvidia cards and SLI branded motherboards to the Arez brand...

1 minute ago, Sniperfox47 said:

GPP's whole point is to distinguish branding between Nvidia and Non-Nvidia cards, preferably by renaming Non-Nvidia cards.

A "well played" would be to have left AMD as ROG and move Nvidia cards and SLI branded motherboards to the Arez brand...

They still look the same as the ROG branded ones so it's still well played.... I know a few users here were saying that the cooler would have to change, as if ASUS or any of those AIB's are gonna invest in making another cooler

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

They still look the same as the ROG branded ones so it's still well played.... I know a few users here were saying that the cooler would have to change, as if ASUS or any of those AIB's are gonna invest in making another cooler

still still to soon to tell if the coolers will be changed, as right now they are trying to just keep seeling cards so they just re-branded them, the true test will be when the next amd gpus come out

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

Honestly, I expected the design of cards to change as well because since GPP is also about Nvidia helping AIB partners to design their cards, the cooler is a part of the card design as well and the argument for GPP is that Nvidia doesn't want AMD to benefit from work of their own engineers with AIB partners.

That's why I expected them to look a bit differently, not like identical products just with a bit darker colour scheme :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, cj09beira said:

still still to soon to tell if the coolers will be changed, as right now they are trying to just keep seeling cards so they just re-branded them, the true test will be when the next amd gpus come out

Pretty much but I highly doubt they will change the coolers. There wasn't anything wrong with both of them being under the same brand in the first place but ya know, people are conveniently stupid

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I do really like the logo and how it matches the Ryzen theme. Pretty sick.

Yeah pretty much a name change. Also fitting as far as AREZ since they used ARES name on their high end cards before.

ARESIII-8GD5_2D.jpg

ARES-III-PCB-VRM-1.jpg

So it will be like on motherboards side for Asus as example, having Crosshair sub brand for AMD ye. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Bit behind on this topic so this has probably been answered somewhere before but, do that have to drop ROG or could they do ROG Strix for Nvidia and ROG Arez for AMD?

10 minutes ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Bit behind on this topic so this has probably been answered somewhere before but, do that have to drop ROG or could they do ROG Strix for Nvidia and ROG Arez for AMD?

I think they're dropping the ROG branding and that's it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

31 minutes ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Well one of the cards in the op is labeled arez strix. So amd will be Arez strix and nvidia will be Rog strix. From the looks of it atleast.

Edit: and people in the comments on the article will be boycotting Asus......... And instead buy asrock cards. ?

ASUS AREZ is shitty name. Its been dug up from the pits on branding hell to appease its customers and AMD. I personally wouldn't be anything from ASUS with a name like that    

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

it's a change. i don't know , sounds different than what was a predictable naming scheme.

Details separate people.

ROG vs R0G would be funny.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

On 4/19/2018 at 12:18 AM, Morgan MLGman said:

I think that was the point.  A different name (branding).  When this news first hit right back at the start before all the BS with AIB. I said I highly doubted Nvidia were forcing AIB's to not sell AMD under a "gaming" brand.  Everyone thought I was being a fanboy. But it turns out that was right.  Nvidia just don't want the same branding, it looks like they don't care about much else.  

The other thing people seem to be missing is that it if any company is changing it's branding,  it is much more likely to reserve the more established brand for the product that sells the most, regardless of what contracts Nvidia place under their nose.   Meaning if AMD had of been selling more and the GPP was still a thing,  then it is likely that at nvidia's insistence for a separate name,  Asus would have kept ROG for AMD and switched nvidia to Arez.  Because they all follow the moneyz!!!

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This honestly makes it look like a Chinese knockoff.

56 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The other thing people seem to be missing is that it if any company is changing it's branding,  it is much more likely to reserve the more established brand for the product that sells the most, regardless of what contracts Nvidia place under their nose.   Meaning if AMD had of been selling more and the GPP was still a thing,  then it is likely that at nvidia's insistence for a separate name,  Asus would have kept ROG for AMD and switched nvidia to Arez.  Because they all follow the moneyz!!!

But Nvidia would not have been pushing the GPP in that situation. Getting AMD shunted onto unknown new brands is the whole point; it gives Nvidia the entire benefit of the marketing efforts invested into the existing brands over the past years, while AMD (with the board partners) has to start from scratch.

Asus set a very bad precedent for doing this: Now that they cave into Nvidia the next phase is asking them "Use a different cooler this one looks too much like the RoG branded cards" and so on and so forth.

-------

Current Rig

-------