AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

It is still true. Nvidia as a whole is worth much much more anyway. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NVDA

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AMD

holy shit you're right, i never knew that...

more than 3x AMD...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NVDA

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AMD

holy shit you're right, i never knew that...

more than 3x AMD...

I'm sure if AMD keeps up the competitiveness they will eventually become even with Nvidia and then the wars will be fully blown!   

Or at least I hope, because then both companies will need to improve as much as possible to keep at the top.   Then we can hopefully see much more powerful GPUs.  

This thread is just full of pitiful NVIDIA/AMD fanboys. Fuck this team green/red bullshit, stop acting like console peasents fighting over XBOX vs PS.

Yeah, besides, blueteammasterrace! Everyone knows intel is the best at everything when it comes to chips (except IBM, but we don't talk about them unless it's about machine intelligence). highest gpu market share and more computing power than both its rival companies combined. 

Hail Intel, and its tomes of wisdom. The developer manual is my path, and the great Krzanich is my lord and savior. All believers in silicon shall bow before him or be annihilated by the many wondrous instructions of Intel's CISC design. Amen.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yeah, besides, blueteammasterrace! Everyone knows intel is the best at everything when it comes to chips (except IBM, but we don't talk about them unless it's about machine intelligence). highest gnu market share and more computing power than both its rival companies combined. 

Hail Intel, and its tomes of wisdom. The developer manual is my path, and the great Krzanich is my lord and savior. All believers in silicon shall bow before him or be annihilated by the many wondrous instructions of Intel's CISC design. Amen.

Yeah.  I'm not a fanboy of either side but I must admit.  Intel is better than AMD right now, to the point I think AMD is no longer even competing with Intel. 

I'm sure if AMD keeps up the competitiveness they will eventually become even with Nvidia and then the wars will be fully blown!   

Or at least I hope, because then both companies will need to improve as much as possible to keep at the top.   Then we can hopefully see much more powerful GPUs.  

AMD should be investing in creating better and more efficient GPUs rather than telling their fanboys to wear red at an nvidia event to advertise AMD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But what if it's watercooled? ;)

I see what you did there. Maybe shit will start floating?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

AMD should be investing in creating better and more efficient GPUs rather than telling their fanboys to wear red at an nvidia event to advertise AMD.

That goes without saying for both sides. Im pretty certain that is the plan. Amd has done a fine job creating high end GPU's for a great price. The gap between Nvidia and Amd is minimal when it comes to performance for gaming.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I don't know.  I think AMD is focusing on power over efficiency.  

Not only that but I hope these companies will realise when games are specially on the nvidia or AMD side they often turn out to be another one of those bad games like Watchdogs or Battlefield 4 that both were buggy at launch and unoptimized.  

I think games should stay out of it, I think AMD and Nvidia should work solely on GPU horsepower. 

I don't know.  I think AMD is focusing on power over efficiency.  

Not only that but I hope these companies will realise when games are specially on the nvidia or AMD side they often turn out to be another one of those bad games like Watchdogs or Battlefield 4 that both were buggy at launch and unoptimized.  

I think games should stay out of it, I think AMD and Nvidia should work solely on GPU horsepower. 

I think things like noise and temperature are more important then 6 more fps. Which is why I prefer nvidia.

Also, AMD needs to spend more money developing their driver support :(

If they had quiet cards than ran cool and overclocked well then I would probably buy more of their stuff.

Spoiler

I think things like noise and temperature are more important then 6 more fps. Which is why I prefer nvidia.

If they had quiet cards than ran cool and overclocked well then I would probably buy more of their stuff.

This has been a non issue for quite awhile now. Noise and temps where an issue with reference cards. The driver support can be argued about any company. I myself have never had driver issues with either. I always use the AMD beta drivers before they are released and i actually prefer them.

Edit: for the money i save using a 290 vs a 780 i can watercool my gpu and it is cool and silent.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

one thing that might happen if amd succeeds is that NVidia might sue amd

But why? All AMD wants to do is show Nvidia that they support them in all of their adventures and will be proud of them no matter what they do. And their fans just want to look at new tech while showing their favorite company.

-lawyer winks-

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

amd is funny sometimes. kinda why i like them.

but in the end i dont care its whatever is best price/performance ratio xD at the time im looking to buy something

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I had something witty thought up, but at this point in the thread there is nothing to be said that isn't fanboyism in someway to either side of the table. So I'll just leave this here. 

I am whatever I am. 

50304d1385138410t-fanboys_everywhere.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Here is what's going to happen... AMD's loyal fans will turn up to the Nvidia launch party and they will sit through the whole presentation, and by the end of it they will see how amazing the GPU's are and end up buying a GTX 980.

The GPU market is the only thing keeping AMD marginally above water and trolling an event so they wont be overlooked is sad in my opinion. Also after reading the new AMD road map article, AMD has not hit bottom yet. Whatever the CEO is smoking, it must be some good hopium. Because he is delusional.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Ahaha, shits really going down now... Wonder how this is going to turn out :D

Some of you really need to calm down. It's a little friendly competition. We're talking about some people wearing AMD colours and clothing at an Nvidia event. That's it. People have the right to choose what they want to wear. lol. If I was at an AMD event and saw some people with Nvidia shirts, I'd laugh. 

This is healthy for the GPU race and things are getting really interesting. So stop being up-tight brand-bias, just sit back and enjoy the show. ;)

3975372-gif.gif

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Very mature, AMD... Showing your true colours now, are you?

Was that a fucking pun?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Well AMD has started moving to liquid cooling on their higher end cards.  I would assume their mid range cards like the 270x would require less cooling and sapphire has it sorted.  

I agree their drivers are rubbish.  I can also say the same about Nvidia, although I get constant BSODs unless I turn hardware acceleration off in FF and Nvidia drivers often bluescreened during games back when I had a GTX 650.  

So, from my own experience, yeah both are kinda rubbish.  I would hope they would both improve their drivers.  

I hope next year or the year after Nvidia goes full on and shows us all what power they can put in their cards, and I hope AMD can use water cooling reference coolers on allot more of their cards, power consumption is always going to be a factor for AMD cards, not as much for Nvidia but I think most people who go with AMD aren't really worried about power consumption. 

Am I the only one who doesn't like this. It seems a bit childish. Nvidia wanted to do something cool and now it could be ruined by some really immature individuals. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Not going to lie, I'd happily wear an amd shirt to an Nvidia event. I support both companies as well as good fun.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers