AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

This report comes directly from Forbes and is quite interesting maybe even a bit controversial.
AMD is planning to crash Nvidia's Game24 event in which the GTX 980 and 970 are allegedly going to be revealed for the first time. And I use the term crash here literally rather than figuratively.

09qFdmX.jpg

AMD sent out a message to its fans asking them to attend the event while proudly wearing their colors.

"No one appreciates a good celebration of gaming more than AMD, as evidenced by our recent #AMD30Live webcast and the warm and humbling reception the event received from the enthusiast community,” the letter begins. “In that spirit, we’re intrigued that another graphics products company jumped on the #AMD30Live bandwagon this week by announcing a similar event on September 18th and 19th, called #Game24."

The email continues: “We believe there is no such thing as a bad celebration of gaming, so we warmly encourage you to attend this event in person. Game24 events will be conveniently located in Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Mission Viejo, CA CA -1.2%, Stockholm and Shanghai.”

Full email below.

tGzS9AX.jpg

AMD may also intend to crash the Maxwell party figuratively by releasing a new GPU or perhaps even more than one. We know that Tonga the GPU powering the R9 285 actually has 32 Compute Units amounting to 2048 stream processors so the R9 285 is not the full chip and an R9 285X will inevitably be released.

But we've also recently seen a leak featuring an image of a yet unidentified GPU shroud with the same silver & black style of the R9 295X2 but very clearly intended to cool a single GPU card. Perhaps this is the fabled R9 295X or even the R9 390X ?

12062602110l.jpg

We'll have to wait and see but the GPU wars are definitely heating up.

AMD walks into the event Kanye West style.

"Yo Nvidia imma let you finish, but we're gonna kick yo' ass with our new card"

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

What?

Nvidia is going to get Kanye'd?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

one thing that might happen if amd succeeds is that NVidia might sue amd

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

If only the event was closer, id show up wearing red just for trolling sake. :P

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Yea... This is a little childish IMHO. Just release competitive GPU's and be done with it. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

We'll have to wait and see but the GPU wars are definitely heating up.

Hehe, heating up xD

(Its funny because AMD)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Umm... Yeah... It sounds like a good idea at first but it comes off as being a troll... Also it'll be humiliating if this fails... (I'm imagining the nVidia hosts to enter the halls and see the entire crowd wearing red)

Wtf? Is AMD seriously this immature? This is a really low point for AMD, if they have to bash nvidia just to get more fanboys.

Another reason why I don't consider AMD to be a serious company.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Umm... Yeah... It sounds like a good idea at first but it comes off as being a troll... Also it'll be humiliating if this fails... (I'm imagining the nVidia hosts to enter the halls and see the entire crowd wearing red)

I doubt there will be more AMD fans there than nvidia. But honestly, any idiot who advertiser a competitor at a different company's event is just an 8-year-old asshole.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I doubt there will be more AMD fans there than nvidia. But honestly, any idiot who advertiser a competitor at a different company's event is just an 8-year-old asshole.

Agreed... The marketing staff of the companies aren't helping the never-ending fanboy wars... I understand that their job is to create hype so that their products would sell, but going down to the level of trolling the other company in their event is just tasteless imo...

But that's no fun !

Do you think it's fun if your friend shows up at your birthday party and starts handing out invitations for THEIR party to all your other friends?

AMD is just desperate to get attention and more customers.

Spoiler

Didnt they do this at montreal.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB