AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

Eh, for the consumer, why does it matter? The gang mentality of team green or team red here is ludicrous. I wore a tek Syndicate shirt to meet slick and Linus, and you know what they said? "nice shirt you must be an enthusiast". That's all it is here.

You disgrace! :o

Anyway green team for me :P

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

and the amd nvidia gun's show begins

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

lets all just buy some popcorn because this is gonna be one helluva show

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Hey, I live in Chicago.  I should definitely crash Nvidia's party :)

TEAM RED!

please do it and send me a picture or make a topic about it I will give you a balloon and a bro fist.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Eh, for the consumer, why does it matter? The gang mentality of team green or team red here is ludicrous. I wore a tek Syndicate shirt to meet slick and Linus, and you know what they said? "nice shirt you must be an enthusiast". That's all it is here.

it doesnt matter how you think of it, but imagine you throwing a party for your 18th bday, and some jerk comes and takes all the attention from your stuff to his XY thingy

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

it doesnt matter how you think of it, but imagine you throwing a party for your 18th bday, and some jerk comes and takes all the attention from your stuff to his XY thingy

Do you make your birthday a public event?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Do you make your birthday a public event?

just an analogy... say you invite the jerk (like everyone is invited to game24)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

please do it and send me a picture or make a topic about it I will give you a balloon and a bro fist.

Sorry, I can't.  I actually have a marching competition :(

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

This is to funny xD I hope Nvidia take it the good way and fires back tbh haha It feels to me the 2 company are poking each other back and forth.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

just an analogy... say you invite the jerk (like everyone is invited to game24)

Have you ever participated in Collegiate sports? I had some great times showing up to the other teams rally or Party to talk trash and hype up games. As long as it is done in a respectable way it helps hype up both teams. Creating competition will only better the consumer. AMD is just trying to create some fun in a market where the majority choose a side. Gaming is becoming more and more like sports and this is part of it.

Have you ever participated in Collegiate sports? I had some great times showing up to the other teams rally or Party to talk trash and hype up games. As long as it is done in a respectable way it helps hype up both teams. Creating competition will only better the consumer. AMD is just trying to create some fun in a market where the majority choose a side. Gaming is becoming more and nore like sports and this is part of it.

well i hope its like that. but with internet people, it can turn bad at any moment

well i hope its like that. but with internet people, it can turn bad at any moment

Lol internet people only turn bad behind a keyboard. We all know this.

Also, think about it. AMD must be pretty confident in what they will be releasing or they wouldn't send their customers to a launch party for the competition.

Lol internet people only turn bad behind a keyboard. We all know this.

some never realise its not the same irl

Also, think about it. AMD must be pretty confident in what they will be releasing or they wouldn't send their customers to a launch party for the competition.

As much as I like Nvidia, they really need to step up performance wise. Just have the 980 be 10% better than the 780Ti. Then release a ridiculous 980Ti if AMD comes back. If Nvidia wants to have their prices as high as they are, they're going to need to really throw out a good card.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

weird enough, i have no idea what to think about this, it is kinda good but also kinda bad.

the good part:

AMD promotes the Nvidea event and encourages their fans to go and watch.

what can go wrong:

massive fanboy war, they might lose fans/costumers.

the bad part:

they encourage to wear red t-shirts, their colours, to let Nvidea(green) show how big they are and not afraid(in fan form) for them.

what can go wrong:

the massive fanboy war, they kill the event and their good(?) intention will turn against them.

Nvidea doesnt get a chance to promote what they want and how they want, wich might trigger a "counter attack".

anyway, whatever happens,

gogo blue team, biggest marketshare and most underrated after all. :ph34r:

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

As much as I like Nvidia, they really need to step up performance wise. Just have the 980 be 10% better than the 780Ti. Then release a ridiculous 980Ti if AMD comes back. If Nvidia wants to have their prices as high as they are, they're going to need to really throw out a good card.

Ya i agree. The OMG AMD = power and heat arguments have never stopped me from buying the best performance for price card. Bang for buck is the first thing i look for.

If Nvidia meets those requirements with the 980 then it will most likely be my next purchase depending on what AMD info is floating around.

Very mature, AMD... Showing your true colours now, are you?

Nope just red... red ALL over. Lmao!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Ya i agree. The OMG AMD = power and heat arguments have never stopped me from buying the best performance for price card. Bang for buck is the first thing i look for.

If Nvidia meets those requirements with the 980 then it will most likely be my next purchase depending on what AMD info is floating around.

I had originally bought a Vapor X 290x. I must have had a bad card because it ran at 95c. I sent it back and got a 780Ti. I didn't really like the AMD control panel thing either. I've always had Nvidia and had a bad experience with AMD. Nvidia is getting a little too confident. I really wish they would release a just insanely good card and blow AMD out of the water. They have enough money to do so. Make  a $800 beast.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Won't be surprised if the Red shirts get kicked out, or refused entry. Wouldn't blame them either.

What would be even funnier is if they drop a card thats cheaper and way more powerful than the treasured r9 290x..... just see a bunch of red shirts slowly come off and get thrown in the trash.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is really immature of AMD. Really disappointed in them. All time low.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Everyone needs to chill out and relax.

AMD is just having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun, it's just a funny little joke. Not an IP battle or "muahaharr we iz so 1337".

At the end of the day this only shows how much AMD themselves think fanboy stuff is silly and gaming needs to be celebrated regardless of which GPU is in your case, and while you're at it why not have a little fun.

After all, it's not the hardware in your hands but the software in your heart  :)